Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be creeped out to find Clarkson loitering outside my house trying to peer through the windows.

Surely him dragging the foot stool over to the window would alert you?

And what hypocrisy would that be

You can’t seriously think that Me wondering if Gil played a role in securing 7 years for Cogs is the same as Clarkson having a “whinge” to Gil about umpiring

A close look at where we sit with free kicks would say he has quite a few more coffees to buy
Then you don't know Cogs.

Hawks and Blues ITK's have done it again. Every year, comedy gold.

The better Blues ITKs had Cogs coming too Carlton or staying, and then in the last 2 weeks there was a clear shift towards him staying. Makes sense as we were offering a shedload of cash so ofcourse he would consider.

The Hawks ITKs were just Cats fans I think :D

Holy **** the Hawks board is better than I thought. They’re going nuts on AFL intervention and asking for a royal commission into GWS salary cap.

Didn’t hear them asking for such things when they signed Frawley straight after winning a flag, or signed O’Meara holding up the entire trade period, or Wingard.

And yes he’s probably been hooked up with a third party deal but all clubs do that.

Congrats Giants. Well done. Great signing.

However, If you think Gil and his cronies aren’t behind this you’re all disillusioned...
Kelly. Cameron. Greene. Cogs. Whitfield. Taranto. Hopper. Haynes. Himmelberg. Finlayson. Zac Williams. Ward. Davis.....where’s the $$$ coming from??

Fellow hawks supports that think this isn’t a huge blow, you’re embarrassing yourselves...we’ve now missed out on Shiel (glad we did), Lynch and now cogs...3 of the biggest names available the last two years that we clearly targeted and needed and we missed out on them all...

yes we got omera and wingard recently but look what they cost...

Anyway, I still expect us to be huge players in trade week and I’m sure wright, Clarko and their team have a solid plan b..

Then there’s the draft..to think over the past few seasons, we’ve managed to draft Worpel, Lewis, Hardwick, Sicily, hanrahan with picks 40+...I look forward to seeing what we do with picks in the top 30 for once.

We finished 9th this season without our best player, an average midfield, led by a 20 year old in his second season, top players like Gunston, Breust and smith having average seasons...not all doom and gloom.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congrats Giants. Well done. Great signing.

However, If you think Gil and his cronies aren’t behind this you’re all disillusioned...
Kelly. Cameron. Greene. Cogs. Whitfield. Taranto. Hopper. Haynes. Himmelberg. Finlayson. Zac Williams. Ward. Davis.....where’s the $$$ coming from??

Fellow hawks supports that think this isn’t a huge blow, you’re embarrassing yourselves...we’ve now missed out on Shiel (glad we did), Lynch and now cogs...3 of the biggest names available the last two years that we clearly targeted and needed and we missed out on them all...

yes we got omera and wingard recently but look what they cost...

Anyway, I still expect us to be huge players in trade week and I’m sure wright, Clarko and their team have a solid plan b..

Then there’s the draft..to think over the past few seasons, we’ve managed to draft Worpel, Lewis, Hardwick, Sicily, hanrahan with picks 40+...I look forward to seeing what we do with picks in the top 30 for once.

We finished 9th this season without our best player, an average midfield, led by a 20 year old in his second season, top players like Gunston, Breust and smith having average seasons...not all doom and gloom.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So how did you lot keep all your stars winning all those flags over a few years?

Keep that tin foil hat on.

So how did you lot keep all your stars winning all those flags over a few years?

Keep that tin foil hat on.

We didn’t have a single player on over $800k, you’ve probably got 5.

The majority of our star players took huge pay cuts which is public knowledge.

how anyone can not see what’s going on with your list is laughable...just embrace it...it’s giving your team a big crack at winning a flag over the next 3-5 years which is what the AFL need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you don't know Cogs.

You can find my posts in relation to my comments around Cogs but an early one from me in May

My comment was in relation to Gills interference and that we will never know how far he went

I know his aunt and she’s pretty convinced that he will re-sign with the giants

GG batting the nunkleheads of all stripes away with the ease and grace of Bradman.

Pleasure to watch.
No one can wipe the smile off my face

Plus it is just commonsense.

If there was any evidence or even though Of dodgy dealing it would be all over the AFL media.

Instead it's all been about the culture built at the club.

how anyone can not see what’s going on with your list is laughable...just embrace it...it’s giving your team a big crack at winning a flag over the next 3-5 years which is what the AFL need.
I'm sure.

Might want to check out our list depth. Shallow as development wise after our 1st 22.

You can find my posts in relation to my comments around Cogs but an early one from me in May

My comment was in relation to Gills interference and that we will never know how far he went
Thinking that someone can convince Cogs to do something as big as this calls that into question.

Hawthorn had a huge number of middle-aged and older players that’d be on reasonably big contracts: Hale, Gibson, Lake, Frawley etc

Could be wrong but GWS seem to supplement with younger players who have come through their academy (Perryman, Himmelberg, Hopper etc) and guys like Taranto who they’ve traded up to get.

GWS’s pay structure is similar to Richmond’s: a few well-paid top tier players, a number of guys in the middle bracket who are earning exactly what they’re worth, and then quite a few young players that wouldn’t be on much. They’re also open to trading anyone who isn’t a star player.

Holy fu** the Hawks board is better than I thought. They’re going nuts on AFL intervention and asking for a royal commission into GWS salary cap.

Didn’t hear them asking for such things when they signed Frawley straight after winning a flag, or signed O’Meara holding up the entire trade period, or Wingard.

And yes he’s probably been hooked up with a third party deal but all clubs do that.
It’s called entitlement, they know it well

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back