Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of. They could use 2 first rounders in a single year via a trade i spose.
But basically u are right. They need to use them at some point soon...

Hawthorn can trade out an established player for a 1st round pick. Then use one of those 2 first round picks which would then reset the rule. I think Hawthorn will use it’s pick 11 in this years draft anyway.

I don't know why you are taking the piss out of the Hawks, you guys are paying a guy a million a year for 7 years that you called

"A liability defensively"

"He's turned into a goal hungry, one way running midfielder who has lost all his sense of defence"

"He's regressed considerably."

You should be very upset at what the Giants have offered him considering you hold that opinion of him.

My second post on this board addressed that this deal will only be favourable if Coniglio puts his head down and becomes the two way player he once was... Of course I am very pleased to hold onto a Foundation player, but I want the hard-working and two-way running Coniglio, not the last one we've witnessed this year :thumbsu:

Same with the barracked for them as a kid garbage.

Sure you get the odd bloke who desperately wants to play for his boyhood club or with a friend but it never seems to have a major influence.

The only time it means anything re club supported is when it is kind of meaningless anyway with father/son.

The best mates line is shite too. It maybe worked for Brissy with Mcluggage and Barrod Jerry but again, it didn't involve either leaving a club to join the other.

Glad Cogs knee is fine and will not be needing the Witch Doctors of Waverley. Those silly comments that his Instagram mate O’Meara would lure him had no idea of the family values he has grown up with.

Let’s be real, Sydney is a fantastic place to live provided you have serious $$$$ and no commute. Good lifestyle choice, not sure if he will ever be a premiership medalist.
Funnily enough he’s got one of the longest commutes as he lives in Randwick.

Funnily enough he’s got one of the longest commutes as he lives in Randwick.

Now you have put Paul Kelly in my head.

Randwick bells are ringing ... must be Saturday.

(Presume he doesn't get into the vibe of that one)

Yes, that 11 game sample is a much better indicator of coaching ability that Clarko's last 11 years....

And who's saying there's a cap on where we could go? With Cogs in our team (along with Mitchell back, Patton in), Hawthorn will be finishing higher than Carlton for the foreseeable future.
What about with Cogs not in your team? Does that even things up a bit?

Glad he stayed, but the AFL multicultural ambassador payments are a bit suss and smell a bit of ol' Gill helping out his agenda.
They offered Tom Lynch the same thing to stay at GC.

Hasn’t Dusty got 2x huge Third Party deals to help him close the gap on the money on his Richmond’s contract vs. North’s offer?

Shiel has some shady one too.

Happens all the time - AFL should probably take a closer look at it.

The GWS model seems to have shifted to devoting a big chunk of cap to their guns and filling the rest of the team with bargains, rather than mid-priced players.

They’ve got half a dozen well-paid stars, but they’re also running out a bunch of cheap players and retreads like Sam Reid, De Boer, Lloyd, Keeffe, Mumford, Daniels, etc. There’s also a reason they keep trading into the top end of the draft for players on cheaper fixed contracts.

Every second Hawks & Blues fan turning into a conspiracy nut nuffdawg the second he re-signed is something else.

Food for thought: Maybe if teams like the Hawks & Blues stopped taking their list cloggers and broken down contracted players off their hands they wouldn’t have the cap space to retain the players those two teams really covet?

They offered Tom Lynch the same thing to stay at GC.

Hasn’t Dusty got 2x huge Third Party deals to help him close the gap on the money on his Richmond’s contract vs. North’s offer?

Shiel has some shady one too.

Happens all the time - AFL should probably take a closer look at it.
It does, but not always directly from the AFL. There is a difference. Dusty is being looked after by Puma, a brand endorsement because Dusty is a brand in himself and they use him to help sell their brand. This ambassador payment is coming from the sports own "impartial" governing body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does, but not always directly from the AFL. There is a difference. Dusty is being looked after by Puma, a brand endorsement because Dusty is a brand in himself and they use him to help sell their brand. This ambassador payment is coming from the sports own "impartial" governing body.
I reckon just about every club would have someone on the books of the AFL as an ambassador. It's not a big deal.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

The GWS model seems to have shifted to devoting a big chunk of cap to their guns and filling the rest of the team with bargains, rather than mid-priced players.

They’ve got half a dozen well-paid stars, but they’re also running out a bunch of cheap players and retreads like Sam Reid, De Boer, Lloyd, Keeffe, Mumford, Daniels, etc. There’s also a reason they keep trading into the top end of the draft for players on cheaper fixed contracts.

Every second Hawks & Blues fan turning into a conspiracy nut nuffdawg the second he re-signed is something else.

Food for thought: Maybe if teams like the Hawks & Blues stopped taking their list cloggers and broken down contracted players off their hands they wouldn’t have the cap space to retain the players those two teams really covet?
The same Daniels that is coming up to the end of his rookie contract?

How is he a retread?

The same Lloyd that was a rookie out of the Bush? Mumford who was once a high profile recruit prised out of retirement because at training he was better than anything we had last year? Reid who was rookie listed after being a coach in the Magoos?

We get potted for having too many first round draft picks, we get potted for thinking out of the square to fill our list.

We can’t win.

Last edited:
Don’t mention the word loyalty with this bloke and disrespect all those players who just get their contracts done quietly and smoothly with their club. Talking to Clarko, SOS, creating a media circus ..... seriously why waste everyone’s time. He could have named his price 6 months ago with GWS.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and given the $$$$$ talked about glad Hawks did not get this drama queen. Little impact on Hawks midfield already having Mitchell/Worpel/JOM/Wingard/Sheils. Especially with the emergence of young gun Worpel in the second half of the season. Clarko and Wright won’t lose any sleep. NEXT!

Having said this congrats to GWS and to their supporters. A win for you today.
Why is he a drama queen?

The same Daniels that is coming up to the end of his rookie contract?

How is he a retread?

The same Lloyd that was a rookie out of the Bush? Mumford who was once a high profile recruit prised out of retirement because at training he was better than anything we had last year? Reid who was rookie listed after being a coach in the Magoos?

We get potted for having too many first round draft picks, we get potted for thinking out of the square to fill our list.

We can’t win.
and was just named this week's Rising Star.

#clueless

I guess Hawks & Blues aren’t the only nuffdawgs.

Geez, talking about missing the point. That wasn’t a critcism of GWS or any of those players.

Reid, De Boer and Keeffee are all retreads and all of those players are cheap, including rookie contract Daniels.

Switch your brains on before posting.

Why is he a drama queen?
You’d be happy with Yeo, Darling, Kennedy etc conducting their contract negotiations in the same way as Cogs? Was like an Italian opera! I admire Tom Mitchell and JOM recently where they just came out and told all that contracts were signed and done with no fanfare. Best of luck to Cogs now Hawks and Blues can move onto their plan B. The club is always bigger than any individual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Stephen Coniglio [re-signs with GWS for 7 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back