Stephen Milne has to be AA in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurts me to say it, but Swan has been better this year than BJ - he's had numerous BOGs (or thereabouts) whereas BJ just hasn't stamped his mark on enough games. I'm all for denigrating Pies players, but it's hard to argue his inclusion.

Our 3 selections were pretty obvious. No-one else was in contention sadly...

Yeah, if BJ wasn't ruled by what the media expect of him, he may have got a look-in, but Swanny probably has had a better year than him.

Milne should be a lock, Fisher's a great chance, Nicky Dal has a tough job getting in.

Honestly, if you look at the list of names you'd have to leave out to include Goddard it becomes clear even from a bias perspective he shouldn't be AA this year. Squad member maybe, but that's fairly irrelevant.

I think all 3 of our nominated players should make the team but don't really like our chances. Milney is unpopular amongst many and will probably ultimately lose his spot to a midfielder/forward who kicked 30ish goals.

Fisher should be a lock, but you never know.

Dal Santo is borderline when you line him up against Pendles, Ablett, Judd, Boyd, Thompson etc but working in his favour the media and the AFL in general do seem to love him so for once we might be on the recieving end of a bit of luck from the selectors after being ****ed over in each of the past 3 seasons.

Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher & Nick Dal Santo are the 3 Saints nominated for the AFLPA MVP for 2011.

LJ yep, I remember before the start of the AA night Mark Fine and Nathan Thompson were at the dinner and previewing it and Finey said:

"There are only two certainties this year, Dane Swan (or Gablett, i forget who) and Lenny Hayes, the rest is going to be very interesting"

Worst AA descision I have ever seen.

Lenny Hayes was the best player in the competition last year and should have been the first player selected.

yep spot on, i think he was probably in the top 3-4 players in the comp last year.

This year i think milne is a lock, with fisher a 50-50, and dal a 40-60 chance.
Even though i think dal santo has been our best this year, its a hard midfield to break into when you dont finish top 4.

Fisher and Dal Santo deserve selection, but won't get it.

Milne is 60-40. But I would have said he was 60-40 in every side for the past five years, so we'll see how that goes.

As I posted on the main board, I'd rate our chances as:

Milne - 70%
Fisher - 60%
Dal - 50%

As such I'd be delighted with 3 selections, happy with 2 selections, disappointed with 1, and baffled (and very annoyed) with 0.

I will chuck in mine, chances based on what I reckon they'll select not what they should - Fisher 75% Dal 65% Milne 35%.

Agree with your last bit too zagg.

Milne is a lock to get in, Dal Santo will sneak in on the bench and Fisher has no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milne is a lock to get in, Dal Santo will sneak in on the bench and Fisher has no chance.

These are my thoughts.

Fisher was amazing in the first third of the season. And while still being solid, he's probably not AA standard this year.

Dal Santo has been our best this year by a long shot. Probably deserves it but might find it hard to sneak in. Hopefully there's a spot on the bench.

But seriously, all I care about it Milne getting a spot. FFS.

I too only really care about Milne getting a spot. He is way overdue and much deserved. I doubt Dal would get in, just too much of the best talent in the midfield but I hope he does. As for Fish, just looking at his competition for those HB positions.

Ben Reid
Luke McPharlin
Grant Birchall
Josh Gibson
Brett Deledio
Rob Murphy

I think he's been better or at least as good as all of those players above so he may have a good chance. But the selecors might not see it that way.

Milne is a lock IMO,

can't ignore his consistency and impact on games this year.

NDS should also get picked, likely off the bench.
Fish just misses out for mine.

Lenny Hayes was the best player in the competition last year and should have been the first player selected.
Last year when Lenny didn't make AA, where did he finish in the Brownlow, hmmm?

a bit of photoshop fun:)

Milneangel.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Milne has to be AA in 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back