* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

The 4 suspicious passports on the same flight can't be a coincidence surely......
Easily could be a coincidence.

Could have been asylum seekers, drug trafficking, identity protection, human trafficking. Unless they were actual suspects on a watch list who could be identified it's more likely a terrorist will use their own passport than those other means above considering they don't intend to get off the flight alive anyway.

Door apparently spotted in the area.

Also saying that two of the people with the fake passports only booked a one way ticket..
Given they were flying from Malaysia, where they have so many refugees waiting for resettlement, I am inclined to think that they were flying to somewhere in Europe to be refugees, helped out by crooked immigration officials.

Could have been asylum seekers, drug trafficking, identity protection, human trafficking. Unless they were actual suspects on a watch list who could be identified it's more likely a terrorist will use their own passport than those other means above considering they don't intend to get off the flight alive anyway.

Perhaps.

I'd like to know what the average number of imposters who use stolen passports on any given flight is though, especially in KL.

******* terrifying too, if you were a passenger. Wing rips off and then a nosedive 90° straight into the ocean. I wonder how long that descent would've lasted?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Assuming a constant speed of 400 knots (probably unlikely) and a cruising altitude of 35k feet, 52 seconds. Mind you it would be longer than that since it would take time to accelerate to 400kts.

Regarding human trafficking, they literally have an announcement on the speakers when you fly into Malaysia that human trafficking has serious penalties. It's that big of a problem there.

Given they were flying from Malaysia, where they have so many refugees waiting for resettlement, I am inclined to think that they were flying to somewhere in Europe to be refugees, helped out by crooked immigration officials.
If they were flying to Europe then why not fly straight there??

LOL @ all this talk of asylum seekers/refugees/etc

"Stop the planes" :)

Given the passports and the names I would assume these two people were westerners.

Quite possibly on a government payroll too.

The supposed image taken from the Vietnamese S&R planes show something that looks like a door, but isn't imo. It has a port hole that is too big, looks more like an emergency exit window, but that doesn't mean someone pulled it off, it could have been flung off of course.

Also the wing damage that this plane suffered before was at the end of the wing, so its unlikely that this would have caused the wing to fall off in flight, but it would have destabilised the flight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also saying that two of the people with the fake passports only booked a one way ticket..

Not a one way trip to Beijing though, they were both booked to go through the Europe. Would be a strange plot for a terrorist to book connecting flights they never planned on making.

Flight information seen by AFP shows that tickets were booked in Maraldi and Kozel's names on March 6, 2014, and issued in the Thai city of Pattaya, a popular beach resort south of the capital Bangkok.

The e-ticket numbers for their flights are consecutive and both were paid for in Thai baht.

Each ticket cost THB 20,215 (US$625).

Kozel was booked to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, then on to Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Maraldi was booked on the same flights until Amsterdam, where he was to continue to Copenhagen.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wo...spots-possible-wreckage-from-malaysian-plane/

The supposed image taken from the Vietnamese S&R planes show something that looks like a door, but isn't imo. It has a port hole that is too big, looks more like an emergency exit window, but that doesn't mean someone pulled it off, it could have been flung off of course.

Also the wing damage that this plane suffered before was at the end of the wing, so its unlikely that this would have caused the wing to fall off in flight, but it would have destabilised the flight.
It was just the very tip but I wonder if at speed it just ripped the rest of the wing apart. I'd imagine they'd have too much structural integrity to do that, particularly with the fuel tanks.

LOL @ all this talk of asylum seekers/refugees/etc

"Stop the planes" :)

Given the passports and the names I would assume these two people were westerners.

Quite possibly on a government payroll too.
All passports are swiped by customs officials when departing an airport. Both passports were reported stolen to their authorities (Italy and Austria - not Thailand) and therefore would have been listed as missing and would not have been allowed to fly, unless there was a corrupt Malaysian official involved. As for not flying direct to Europe, who knows. That would be like saying why don't Tamils come directly from Sri Lanka instead of hopping to Malaysia to Indonesia and then Australia..

Also Jeff, do you have a tin foil hat on? I mean really.. on a government payroll? So many conspiracy nutters around.

It was just the very tip but I wonder if at speed it just ripped the rest of the wing apart. I'd imagine they'd have too much structural integrity to do that, particularly with the fuel tanks.
I doubt it very much. All it would have done is reduced some lift on that side of the plane, but it wouldn't have caused anymore force to be exerted onto the connection between wing and airframe.

Perhaps.

I'd like to know what the average number of imposters who use stolen passports on any given flight is though, especially in KL.
No idea either and obviously it would be impossible to track considering the whole point of it is deception, but having a quick Google the following article appears relevant.

"Passports are a very weak link'' in the world's travel security system, Michael Greenberger, a former Clinton administration official and director of the University of Maryland Center for Health and Homeland Security, said Sunday.

His comments came as investigators tried to determine if stolen passports used by two passengers played a role in Saturday's disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines flight bound for China with 239 on board.

This much was clear: Although there are millions of passports listed as stolen, lost or missing in the world, only a few countries systematically check for them at airport gates.

And Greenberger said that despite concerns raised by the 9/11 Commission in its report in 2004, there's still no effective way to ensure that the person presenting a passport is the one to whom it was issued.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/09/stolen-passports-malaysia-flight/6230767/

Maybe its easier to get through immigration etc with fake passports in China than it is in say Dubai? Just a stab in the dark.

Now has anything official come out about this floating door or is it another oil slick story?

Maybe its easier to get through immigration etc with fake passports in China than it is in say Dubai? Just a stab in the dark.

Now has anything official come out about this floating door or is it another oil slick story?
They were going from KL, which means they can fly directly to Europe (like I did to Amsterdam last year on a MAS B777)

CNN just stated that if this so called floating door is confirmed from the Plane they will hold a press conference straight away. Otherwise it will just be the regular one scheduled in 4 hrs from now. I dare say we will know within the hour.

They were going from KL, which means they can fly directly to Europe (like I did to Amsterdam last year on a MAS B777)
Of course. Forget my last post :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

* Still missing *Malaysian Airlines plane with 239 on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back