Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough you deserve a holiday after a season but **** me you had the whole of September, surely if you're unsure of were you're gonna be heading you don't go away for the second week of trade week ffs. Definitely sounds like a Connors play.

Probably reading too much into it. Lots of the guys are away now, it was probably planned a while ago.

Did anyone hear what Peter Gordon said this morning on 3LO with Jon Faine? I missed it and can't find anything on the 3LO website or SoundCloud.

WATSON OUTLINES BULLDOGS BIGGEST STRINGER PROBLEM
BY SEN 3 HOURS AGO
GettyImages-830068482.jpg

Three-time premiership player Tim Watson has questioned how the Western Bulldogs would be feeling, after Essendon traded their coveted first round pick to Greater Western Sydney for Devon Smith.

Out of favour Dog Jake Stringer wants to get to the Bombers, but the Bulldogs have held firm on their stance of wanting an early first round pick in return. However, Essendon’s earliest pick is now number 24, meaning a combination of later selections will have to suffice for Stringer.

ADVERTISING

After they reportedly turned down an offer for Stringer involving pick 11, Watson has highlighted why the 2016 premiers have backed themselves into a corner.

“The problem for them now is they can’t get that pick, and they can say we want to deal with someone else, but Jake Stringer wants to go to Essendon,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“There has to be a significant shift before they can do a better deal.

“How would the Bulldogs be feeling? That deal was put to them; they could have taken pick 11 and then shuffled a trade. They sit on that, they prevaricate on it, and then it’s whizzed away on them and it ends up at GWS. How would they be feeling about that?

“Would they be feeling filthy on themselves because they didn’t take the deal, or would they be filthy on Essendon because they went and did that 11 pick with somebody else?”

Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon believes the Bulldogs wasted their chance at acquiring the first rounder.

“It depends if Essendon said, listen, if you don’t move on this in the next couple of days, we need to get going,” he said.

“You snooze you lose, first in best dressed. It is a competitive market. He [Stringer] is almost the most nervous player at the moment.”

Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro said yesterday that a potential deal for Stringer is “not necessarily” off the table, despite trading pick 11 to the Giants.

“There is a long time to play out in the trade period and we will try fairly hard to get it done,” he said.

“It is trade period and these things take time. Pick 11 is not on the table, pick 11 is now gone. It’ll have to be a combination of other things.

“We have given a strong indication to Jake that we will do our best to get the deal done. There is a fair way to go and we hope we can land him.”

Stringer has played 89 games and kicked 160 goals since being drafted in 2012 with pick number five.

JAKE STRINGER
So Watson said we 'prevaricated', which is the same uncommon term that was used in the Nick Bowen article on AFL.com.au.

Looks to me like Tim Watson is reading exactly the same sources as everyone on here is and trying to sound like he knows more about what's going on.

we'll get bent over or we bring him back, that's how this is looking. i'm tipping we get bent over. history people.

having said all that, i think the club's got some good karma coming for it. we've had our name dragged through mud because this bloke has acted like a f***wit. everything we've said has been that if the right deal isn't done we'll aim to repair things and "throw our arms around him". yet if you listen to the media it was us f***ing the little kids with a 3 week old at home. this sort of shit has united us before and i hope it does again

Clueless. It was never pick 11 on its own of which there was a chance for a deal. They wanted a pick back to help them get other players. When are these ****wits going to get that into their thick skulls. Seriously the hoorayfor Essendon crap from the media is excruciating.

So Watson said we 'prevaricated', which is the same uncommon term that was used in the Nick Bowen article on AFL.com.au.

Looks to me like Tim Watson is reading exactly the same sources as everyone on here is and trying to sound like he knows more about what's going on.
Thought the same thing when I heard it.

I generally like Watson but he is a complete turd when he decides that he has to act as a shill for Essendon.

Clueless. It was never pick 11 on its own of which there was a chance for a deal. They wanted a pick back to help them get other players. When are these ****wits going to get that into their thick skulls. Seriously the hoorayfor Essendon crap from the media is excruciating.
It's not stupidity or being ill-informed, it's just devious journalism. Don't tell out-and-out lies, just dress it up to look like we knocked back pick 11 on its own.

"After they reportedly turned down an offer for Stringer involving pick 11 ..."
"That deal was put to them; they could have taken pick 11 and then shuffled a trade..."

Deliberately no mention at all of pick 27 going the other way (which significantly weakened the value of the offer). Yet if the deal had gone through they would quickly be saying how Dodoro had triumphed and Essendon had "won" the trade because they not only got a young AA with exciting potential but had also got valuable currency in return to help them secure Saad.

It's a shameless attempt to influence the trade market and public opinion for partisan purposes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not stupidity or being ill-informed, it's just devious journalism. Don't tell out-and-out lies, just dress it up to look like we knocked back pick 11 on its own.

"After they reportedly turned down an offer for Stringer involving pick 11 ..."
"That deal was put to them; they could have taken pick 11 and then shuffled a trade..."

Deliberately no mention at all of pick 27 going the other way (which significantly weakened the value of the offer). Yet if the deal had gone through they would quickly be saying how Dodoro had triumphed and Essendon had "won" the trade because they not only got a young AA with exciting potential but had also got valuable currency in return to help them secure Saad.

It's a shameless attempt to influence the trade market and public opinion for partisan purposes.
Exactly this. You don't see the media report that Essendon paid pick 11 for Devon Smith, they report is as paying pick 11 + a 3rd rounder for Devon Smith + two 2nd rounders, because it sometimes suits the narrative to tell the whole story, and sometimes it doesn't.

What you can't see are the dozens of inane attempts at trolling and attempts to stop BigFooty from loading on phones by posting dozens of copies of the same picture in a single post. It made BigFooty unbearable. I was welcoming Essendon supporters on here before yesterday - there were some great and some good natured, humorous contributions. But that all turned to shit yesterday afternoon.

I applaud the decision to keep this thread just for our own - at least until the Stringer trade is resolved.
I know that this post is a bit ironic, given I'm making it, but I agree with you here. The behaviour by many of my alleged brethren has been pretty disgraceful, culminating in that absolute moron trolling the board in a ludicrous way than having the gall to come back to the EFC board and boast about it as though we would applaud him. Well, Doss gave him a reaction alright, and banned his ass. The right way to deal with these fools. You guys deserve to have either respectful interaction or, if that's not possible, and apparently it's not, a complete sanctuary.

I love dissenting opinions and debate, but having gone through what we have over the years I know how important it is to be able to discuss issues without getting the opposition opinions rammed down your throat. There are many places you can go to receive that, you don't want it on your own board.

So I respect your decision, and I agree with it. I just wanted to express that, and for the little it's worth to express the contempt us reasonable posters have for the small minded Essendon (or any club for that matter) ****wits who treat trades as though they are a contest to be won at all costs - and have the gall to do it on your very own board.

Best of luck this week and next and here's hoping we can come to mutually beneficial arrangement and if not, that all goes well with Stringer next year at the Kennel. Signing off...

I know that this post is a bit ironic, given I'm making it, but I agree with you here. The behaviour by many of my alleged brethren has been pretty disgraceful, culminating in that absolute moron trolling the board in a ludicrous way than having the gall to come back to the EFC board and boast about it as though we would applaud him. Well, Doss gave him a reaction alright, and banned his ass. The right way to deal with these fools. You guys deserve to have either respectful interaction or, if that's not possible, and apparently it's not, a complete sanctuary.

I love dissenting opinions and debate, but having gone through what we have over the years I know how important it is to be able to discuss issues without getting the opposition opinions rammed down your throat. There are many places you can go to receive that, you don't want it on your own board.

So I respect your decision, and I agree with it. I just wanted to express that, and for the little it's worth to express the contempt us reasonable posters have for the small minded Essendon (or any club for that matter) *******s who treat trades as though they are a contest to be won at all costs - and have the gall to do it on your very own board.

Best of luck this week and next and here's hoping we can come to mutually beneficial arrangement and if not, that all goes well with Stringer next year at the Kennel. Signing off...

Hi Lance,

You had me at hello....

So I respect your decision, and I agree with it. I just wanted to express that, and for the little it's worth to express the contempt us reasonable posters have for the small minded Essendon (or any club for that matter) *******s who treat trades as though they are a contest to be won at all costs - and have the gall to do it on your very own board.

Even though you and I and you and a few others sparred on here, it was definitely not you that Bullies supporters were wanting to stop from posting. Thanks for taking the time to come here and say your piece. Kudos.

Wasn't there a discussion a few weeks ago about weeding out media who don't tell the truth? This is a case in point.
Footy is a mere sideshow in this unfolding Orwellian tragedy.

Fake news, media manipulation, political intimidation of the fourth estate, the post-truth era ... the truth may be "out there" but it's getting harder and harder to find. Or even to recognise it when you finally stumble on it.

Footy is a mere sideshow in this unfolding Orwellian tragedy.

Fake news, media manipulation, political intimidation of the fourth estate, the post-truth era ... the truth may be "out there" but it's getting harder and harder to find. Or even to recognise it when you finally stumble on it.
Agreed. Over the last decade I have always argued up here that the AFL had it over the NRL partly due to the lower number of player trades, loyalty of players and therefore lack of innuendo throughout the year where one could just enjoy the footy.

I think the AFL is losing the plot re trading, starting with a fecking trade fortnight that is advertised, where hack journalist’s scroll over bigfooty for a rumour that they can sprout about for 10 minutes.

By the way I hate the term ‘Fake News’.

omg!! Sorry I said I wouldn't post again, but... OMG!!!

God it's been so long! Hope all is well brother

All that sweet talk , what's a boy to do but come out of retirement and say gday to one of the best posters on BF.

I'm awesome brother, good to see you still cutting it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back