Stuart Fox leaves and the search for a replacement CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be your answer there.
What I've seen from the outside since Newbold left is not much. I'm not sure what type of President Garvey is but based on his background there is a good chance he's methodical and possibly not a great communicator outside his direct contacts.

There is a lot going on at the club at the moment and whether it's just us fans being kept in the dark or something more I want to know the leaders of the club are leading and doing everything they can to get the right person for the role.

It may or may not be Bains, but he is well regarded, young, has a strong football background and has been part of the off field turn around at St Kilda

I can see him having a lot of the qualities we would want

If he's not the right person then all of this is a storm in a teacup but if he is and we've missed out on our first two choices based on how we are going about the search I'm not sure if the process they are following is right

Pure and simple Caro bags us at every opportunity she gets.
Don't know how she's so highly regarded, got me perplexed!
The basket case she barracks for hasn't won a flag for nigh on 40 years, yet she seems quite demure in there past dealings!
We know where we're heading MYOFB!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect they are dragging their heels because they can't find a quality candidate. Seems to be a dearth of good sports administrators out there at the moment hence why the boys club members continually get recycled despite their stuff ups.
This.

There's a lot of professional sports teams in Australia who want their operations to run at an elite level when it seems obvious that there just isn't the quality of staff to do it.

Look at the state that the FFA is in right now. Frank Lowy passes on his helm to his son, and they have David Gallop as CEO, snatched from RL. They also poached Ben Buckley a while back.

John O'Neill botched the financial security of RU, goes to the FFA, then gets another gig back at RU.

It's a merry-go-round of epic proportions, and the fans pay for the **** ups.

Pure and simple Caro bags us at every opportunity she gets.
Don't know how she's so highly regarded, got me perplexed!
The basket case she barracks for hasn't won a flag for nigh on 40 years, yet she seems quite demure in there past dealings!
We know where we're heading MYOFB!!

She is highly regarded because she is a tenacious and usually pretty damn accurate investigative journalist. Your misogynistic rantings about her say a fair bit more about you than it does her. I assume you were equally incensed about her constant grillings of Essendrugs during their doping scandal?

I disagree with her thoroughly on what she says about our club culture at present - but I dare say there is at least some truth to most other things she reports about our current dealings.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.

There's a lot of professional sports teams in Australia who want their operations to run at an elite level when it seems obvious that there just isn't the quality of staff to do it.

Look at the state that the FFA is in right now. Frank Lowy passes on his helm to his son, and they have David Gallop as CEO, snatched from RL. They also poached Ben Buckley a while back.

John O'Neill botched the financial security of RU, goes to the FFA, then gets another gig back at RU.

Correct. A bit like how the NRL came hard at Gill McLachlan when they were searching for their next CEO. When he turned them down they hired David Smith who had zero sporting administration experience and was previously a bank executive and he was an absolute disaster.

Carrot did what Gillard did in politics. Whenever anybody criticised her or her point of view, she cried sexism. Eventually everyone gave up, and were left with a horrible odour

Calling a female journo a shemale and a whore because you don't like what she wrote is driven by sexism, whether you like it or not. I'm fine criticising Caro - I do it myself from time to time. I am also fine with criticising Gillard, as were many, because I did it on the basis of her being a shitty, ineffective leader. If you want to call Caro a jealous, Tiggers fu*kwit then have at it. However, when I see people ranting and raving about Caro though and the depth of their criticism is 'shut up Caro you ****' - then I have little reason to believe that your criticism is coming from anything but the fact you don't like a woman talking about the game.

Calling a female journo a shemale and a whore because you don't like what she wrote is driven by sexism, whether you like it or not. I'm fine criticising Caro - I do it myself from time to time. I am also fine with criticising Gillard, as were many, because I did it on the basis of her being a shitty, ineffective leader. If you want to call Caro a jealous, Tiggers fu*kwit then have at it. However, when I see people ranting and raving about Caro though and the depth of their criticism is 'shut up Caro you ****' - then I have little reason to believe that your criticism is coming from anything but the fact you don't like a woman talking about the game.

My favourite AFL journo is Emma Quayle, so to say it's sexist is drivel.
Caro is a gutter journalist. She's the roving entertainment reporter in the AFL. It has nothing to do with her gender.

The slurs are not different to what many blokes say to each other. Does it make it right that they're said? Of corse not, but they are not the foundation of an argument. They are merely words that come out of the mouths of those with poor IQs

My favourite AFL journo is Emma Quayle, so to say it's sexist is drivel.
Caro is a gutter journalist. She's the roving entertainment reporter in the AFL. It has nothing to do with her gender.

The slurs are not different to what many blokes say to each other. Does it make it right that they're said? Of corse not, but they are not the foundation of an argument. They are merely words that come out of the mouths of those with poor IQs

I wasn't directing my comment at you particularly, it was a broader statement - you weren't the one using the slurs and I am not accusing you of sexism at all. I am happy to use inflammatory terms when addressing people - however, people who basically use sexist epithets like 'whore' and 'bitch' when discussing Caro and not much else in the way of an argument - I would put good money on that person's motivation being more that she's a woman - not the kind of woman she is.

She is highly regarded because she is a tenacious and usually pretty damn accurate investigative journalist. Your misogynistic rantings about her say a fair bit more about you than it does her. I assume you were equally incensed about her constant grillings of Essendrugs during their doping scandal?

I disagree with her thoroughly on what she says about our club culture at present - but I dare say there is at least some truth to most other things she reports about our current dealings.

2 points & I don't come here to trivialize or negate people that's my point of view on her journalistic prowess!
Her being a woman has nothing at all to do with how I feel about her writings! Comprehend!
As the father of 2 daughters, an Uncle to nieces, godfather to 3 lovely girls, a loving son & brother to 2 great sisters & 4 sister in-laws plus a lot of female friends yeah ask them if I'm misogynist!!
That means I'm a racist too does it cause I boo indigenous players like Goodes, Betts etc does it?? Ha ha? I have many friends in the Kimberleys who are the original custodians of this land so no again.
So if you don't know someone, like you don't me. Don't come here & impart your angelic divine qualities please.
Just read the forum & stick to the subject matter ok. Now run along!

2 points & I don't come here to trivialize or negate people that's my point of view on her journalistic prowess!
Her being a woman has nothing at all to do with how I feel about her writings! Comprehend!
As the father of 2 daughters, an Uncle to nieces, godfather to 3 lovely girls, a loving son & brother to 2 great sisters & 4 sister in-laws plus a lot of female friends yeah ask them if I'm misogynist!!
That means I'm a racist too does it cause I boo indigenous players like Goodes, Betts etc does it?? Ha ha? I have many friends in the Kimberleys who are the original custodians of this land so no again.
So if you don't know someone, like you don't come here & impart your angelic divine qualities please.

Plenty of sexist people have female relatives and friends, that doesn't exactly prove anything. If you call someone a shemale and a whore for simply doing her job, then I am going to assume there is more malice behind that than having issues with her journalistic integrity.

So if you don't know someone, like you don't me. Don't come here & impart your angelic divine qualities please.

The terms you used are derogatory and sexist in nature. If you are not sexist don't use them. I'm not a fan of Caro at all but would never in a million years call her a whore, that is just not on. If you want people to take your arguments seriously avoid ad hominem attacks, especially sexist ones, and stick to the subject being discussed.

Plenty of sexist people have female relatives and friends, that doesn't exactly prove anything. If you call someone a shemale and a whore for simply doing her job, then I am going to assume there is more malice behind that than having issues with her journalistic integrity.

I'm someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly so lets agree to disagree!

The terms you used are derogatory and sexist in nature. If you are not sexist don't use them. I'm not a fan of Caro at all but would never in a million years call her a whore, that is just not on. If you want people to take your arguments seriously avoid as hominem attacks, especially sexist ones, and stick to the subject being discussed.

as per my quote above!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point of view on her journalistic prowess!

As the father of 2 daughters, an Uncle to nieces, godfather to 3 lovely girls, a loving son & brother to 2 great sisters & 4 sister in-laws plus a lot of female friends...
Your point of view on her journalistic prowess is that she's a campaigner, an ogre, and a shemale whore?

Would you be comfortable voicing this opinion in front of your bevy of females?

O
Your point of view on her journalistic prowess is that she's a campaigner, an ogre, and a shemale whore?

Would you be comfortable voicing this opinion in front of your bevy of females?

Obviously I have forgotten we're in a democratic society so I will amend this awful disgusting quotes that have upset some in here!
Just let me say that when one polarizes the demographic, they are bound to cop some flack ok!

This.

After Robson fell on his sword at the beginning of the Essendon saga (smart move that) he resurfaced once the dust had settled at Melbourne Victory. People were saying he's never get a job again and yet there he was with a plum job at another sporting club.

After Robson fell on his sword at the beginning of the Essendon saga (smart move that) he resurfaced once the dust had settled at Melbourne Victory. People were saying he's never get a job again and yet there he was with a plum job at another sporting club.
Forgot about that classic!

What a shemozzle. I'd be headless if I were a Victory fan. You hear him on KB's show - a real politician who deflects very well. shame that he was ever at Hawrhorn.

Mitchell Madness and BOP66

Any further posts similar to those I have deleted will see you banned.

Personal insults used in connection with fellow posters or journalists are simply not tolerated by myself or other moderators.

Frankly, I do not care whether you have used such language in front of women. It does not belong on this board.

Full stop. End of story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuart Fox leaves and the search for a replacement CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back