Sumich or Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

hird
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Are we going to have a different Hird coaching thread every day?

For once and for all - Hird will not be coaching next season unless there is a significant change in his business interests. And that is extremely unlikely.

END OF STORY.

If Hird does coach then it just goes to show that he was
undermining Knights all along.

When you take the footy public for a ride - if Hird does infact coach,
then I wouldnt expect any favours from the media.

Id take Sumich, but only because I dont think Hird will amount
to much as a coach.

Are we going to have a different Hird coaching thread every day?

For once and for all - Hird will not be coaching next season unless there is a significant change in his business interests. And that is extremely unlikely.

END OF STORY.

Daytripper, are you Hird? You sound like him :p

Love how people assume Sumich is a bad coach based purely on his appearance and probably his voice. Did an outstanding job for South Freo, gave some of the best quarter/3quarter time addresses I've seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ, you are pathetic. If you haven't noticed, this thread is about Sumich. And there is plenty of evidence that he is a moron.

Like Harvey saying he would only leave Essendon for a 'headjob' and that Perth is tropical?

I don't know if Sumich is the right choice for Essendon, all I can say is: if they are seriously thinking about Hird, they should take a long hard look at what Voss is doing in Brisbane before thinking about appointing someone without any AFL coaching experience.

The reality is that to even get into the AFL system as an assistant you must be highly qualified and know what the game is about.
My guess would be that there is no duds in the AFL system, these guys all know their football and probably know it very well.

Sumich would be no dud, he has had a long apprentiship and I would say he would have all the experience needed to be a good head coach.

People will have their own personel views on him based on tv commercials for tip top bread but either way you spin it he is ready to do it and just needs that opportunity.

My view is Essendon won't go with Sumich but that does not mean he is not capable.

They should sign up Laidley immediately and get on with things.

Definitely Sumich. Will fix the bombers right up with a diet of Tip Top White High Fibe and some celery sticks.

Suma couldn't sell a bread but he can coach. Say what you want but he's been in the system for a while at least and was part of a premiership coaching team. Bombers could a lot worse than picking Suma.
I'm not a huge fan of his and he might not be the best coach available, but if the choice is only between him and Hird, I'd pick Suma.

Suma couldn't sell a bread but he can coach. Say what you want but he's been in the system for a while at least and was part of a premiership coaching team. Bombers could a lot worse than picking Suma.
I'm not a huge fan of his and he might not be the best coach available, but if the choice is only between him and Hird, I'd pick Suma.

Yeah, I should be serious I suppose, I forgot where I was.

I don't think a good player can automatically become a coach, it just doesn't seem to work. If Hird wants to coach, it would be a better outcome for both parties that he start as an assistant. So I agree with MadMac, if its a choice between the two, go for the experienced Sumich.

Sumich is actually a pretty smart coach. Who cares how is is with the media as it's not important. Obviously Hird is a favourite son and all that but I'd like to see him assist for awhile to avoid a Voss like scenario. I'm sure Hird is smart enough to realise that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sumich or Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back