Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

How is day tracking? Will he miss round 1 or is it to early to say? Also to those who have watched training how does dbg look? Can he replace frosts position coz imo that's the only position I can see him squeezing in now that we have sicily scrimshaw hardwick Impey cj and possibly day.

All I can say is good luck Sam figuring this out 🤔

I personally think we don't need to rush dgb amd right now frost is in front of him, but hearing him speak he will be doing everything he can to play every week . We are in a good position with our backline.

I personally think we don't need to rush dgb amd right now frost is in front of him, but hearing him speak he will be doing everything he can to play every week . We are in a good position with our backline.

He's in an interesting position - the role he's probably earmarked for; he may not be physically capable of at the moment. And the other match-ups/positions available probably put him behind the Sicily's, Scrimshaw's, Frost's.

Is there a spot for him when you take into account the HBF's as well?

He's in an interesting position - the role he's probably earmarked for; he may not be physically capable of at the moment. And the other match-ups/positions available probably put him behind the Sicily's, Scrimshaw's, Frost's.

Is there a spot for him when you take into account the HBF's as well?
I'd say there isn't with frost in his prime and currently the better player. That could change pretty quickly though if Denver Develops like we all think he will.

I'd say there isn't with frost in his prime and currently the better player. That could change pretty quickly though if Denver Develops like we all think he will.
I'm in the " make him earn the spot camp"! Currently it seems that Denver lacks the requisite tank for a key defender, particularly considering he is not averse to put himself in harms way and is likely to receive knocks. Unlike a planned midfield or forward rotation it is harder to spell a key defender. Whilst we have toughened, serviceable players available for the position he can cool his jets and hone his craft at Box Hill.

Denver is a talented KPP, who reads the ball in flight well, with potentially a 12 year career in front of him. I see no need to rush him in with our current stocks. His time will come. I think that we should be similarly cautious with Day, Wingard and Gunston. It's a long season, especially if we play finals. Unlike last year, when we rushed Tom in to the team out of necessity, this may create opportunities to blood some new players, or players in new positions.

Lets remember that the AFL debuts of Kossie, Bramble and Duke, also the midfield role for Nash all came about because better credentialed players were unavailable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward and Lewis both back at training this morning.
michael jackson mj GIF

Very curious to hear about the progress of CJ, Gunston, Chad and Day in particular. Whilst I hang off every word in this Summer Footy Fix, the HFC tragic in me wants something to hang my hat on. I'm not naive enough to expect the club to do this just yet. Actually, I don't know what I want!

Very curious to hear about the progress of CJ, Gunston, Chad and Day in particular. Whilst I hang off every word in this Summer Footy Fix, the HFC tragic in me wants something to hang my hat on. I'm not naive enough to expect the club to do this just yet. Actually, I don't know what I want!
Injured, skills work only, injured and restricted mostly to running was last status on those four in order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back