Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I am falling out of love with this game.
I can't even garner the enthusiasm to care about a season that would normally excite me.
Training the house down? Meh...

Feels a bit sad.
I'm the opposite.
I can't wait for the AFL season to kick off. I see it as a potentially exciting time for the club.

Lol I'm just excited for the next training report, let alone for the practice matches to start then the season proper.
Genuinely, this season I feel like training reports are my crack- the longer between reports, the more I fiend for my next and the more I want the next to go into insane details.

Genuinely, this season I feel like training reports are my crack- the longer between reports, the more I fiend for my next and the more I want the next to go into insane details.

Its always sad when it comes to late afternoon/early evening on what I think are training days and I have to resign myself to there being no report for that day. Yesterday was such a day.

I’m loving the narrative from Kane Cornes etc writing us off and can’t wait to see Ward and MacDonald play, I think we will be very competitive but I’m realistic too

I’m loving the narrative from Kane Cornes etc writing us off and can’t wait to see Ward and MacDonald play, I think we will be very competitive but I’m realistic too
I've always preferred the media underestimating us this time of year. The thing that annoys me is when they rewrite history or twist stats after we've proven them wrong to save face.

Make no mistake if we defy Canned Corn's expectations of a bottom 4 finish he'll be looking for a way to spin it to look bad. eg. "They only finished higher due to standout seasons from some older players who won't be there for their next flag anyway."

Enjoy em while you can. Once we move to Dingley, the club can close off training to track watchers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always preferred the media underestimating us this time of year. The thing that annoys me is when they rewrite history or twist stats after we've proven them wrong to save face.

Make no mistake if we defy Canned Corn's expectations of a bottom 4 finish he'll be looking for a way to spin it to look bad. eg. "They only finished higher due to standout seasons from some older players who won't be there for their next flag anyway."
He commentates the same way he played. Negative, nagging, relentless, annoying.

His job is to stop you from having a free flowing enjoyment of footy.

I'm sure they'll hold open training days once a month to appease the masses, but I think they're secretly relishing the chance of continual closed training at Dingley so they can run their drills and game plans away from prying eyes...

A

Hopefully access granted to fans with memberships and check at enterance to keep spys out 😉
One way to get membership numbers up with other clubs employees buying them

I'm sure they'll hold open training days once a month to appease the masses, but I think they're secretly relishing the chance of continual closed training at Dingley so they can run their drills and game plans away from prying eyes...
It’s going to be a community centre with public access, they can’t lock the gates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back