Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Morrison is not soft and doesn’t play soft. If you look at how the game is evolving and who we have competing for wing positions, it is becoming more and more about winning contested ball. The players with real leg speed and line breaking ability set up on the half back flank.

Morrison would get brushed aside in attempted tackles quite easily at times, which is probably where this idea that he's soft came from.

But he does try to throw his body around and does go in pretty hard. He's definitely not soft IMO.

yep, slight does not equal soft by any stretch

Monday morning training started with some drills and I'd love to say I got a good scan of everyone but I couldn't take my eyes off Finn.

I was quite distracted at Bunjil Bagora so I've really had to draw out my recollections into a full report but I hope it's been enjoyable
Thanks heaps for the report, great stuff

Morrison he always looked good in preseason - his game suits the lower intensity. But to date has lacked weapons at afl level. Doesn’t do much damage offensively and can get torched on transition by the quick wings. Reads play pretty well, a solid/good but conservative decision maker and a good tank.

Like all our players hope he surprises on the upside but on evidence to date looks like there’s better options for the 22 when everyone is fit. But that’s why we have 40+ players on a list.

Last edited:
Training watchers:
There was a note about JOM having worked on a new ball drop- is that new drop more conducive to accuracy at high speeds?

A lot has been made about your young bloods this off-season, but I think it's highly likely that JOM and Titch are going to be the key to our on-field success this season.
Iirc there was mention that Titch had been played through typically different parts of the ground and had been seen less at stoppages, and I'm wondering how much change has been observed in JOM's usage so far.

Morrison he always looked good in preseason - his game suits the lower intensity. But to date has lacked weapons at afl level. Doesn’t do much damage offensively and can get torched on transition by the quick wings. Reads play pretty well, a solid/good but conservative decision maker and a good tank.

Like all our players hope he surprises on the upside but on evidence to date looks like there’s better options for the 22 when everyone is fit. But that’s why we have 40+ players on a list.
To be fair to Morrison there’s a number on our list and across the league that look a lot better with lower intensity but get found wanting when the pressure and speed of the game is up.

One of our big improvements will come when we are to stand up and play well when the intensity is high. Something that’s very hard to replicate in training

Does anyone know if the players that are invited to train if they’re eligible to play during the pre-season games?
They can play intra clubs, but not community cup games and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morrison in the best 3 players during match simulation today. Sicily and Howe probably the other 2. Shiels, Impey and Hardwick all very good.

Hearing Sicily was everywhere.
Pleased Wring Hands GIF

Morrison in the best 3 players during match simulation today. Sicily and Howe probably the other 2. Shiels, Impey and Hardwick all very good.
I Want More GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back