Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr G wouldnt be the umpire that gave evidence against Spivey would he perfect 50/50 vision, didnt see contact but saw the player go down, other umpire saw contact ( apparently) saw player go down, amazingly player stated that he didnt go down, ex mildura player as umpire, mildura supporter on Tribuneral, ex irymple player and father in law of current coach as chairman, Independent Tribuneral my arse

Gusty said:
Bearing in mind one of my previous posts regarding targetted players.....I have it on reasonable to good authority that although Sam was reported it was by a goal umpire some distance from the incident. It was a fairly blatant crack and hence copping the set penalty.

Two umpires in charge of the game who were positioned better and saw the incident did not report.

Mr. G... who previously gave evidence against Spivey after witnessing his incident from 80 metres or so chose not to get involved in this incident......amazing. Mildura unlikely to gain from Sam's suspension?

Mr. O...obviously wearing blinkers.

Selective blindness, blackout, personal dislike or tired of attending hearings? One can only guess.

If there were any doubt then Sam would not have taken the penalty.

I wish I could only get out and see some of these games first hand, then I may be in a position to try and clarify some of this with the powers that be by writing to the league or umpiring panel. Does anone get video of the games?

There is obviously a shortage of personnel for umpiring the local game and it has been going on for so long that it could be argued that some believe they can collect their payment without copping the responsibility that comes with the whistle.

Mate perhaps you should be suspended from watching reality TV for a while, and I see you are a newbie as well

Big Brother Of Footy said:
Fair enough. Maybe a change of password could be handy. Need to be careful in future as many read this site and take a fair bit away from it. Many others have lost respect from here from things they have posted. Big Brother is giving you a warning but next time it will be a strike! Safe from a fine too!

Gusty said:
Caught short for originality again......that's my line.

Let's see if you have an opinion that you can express in words over one syllable.

ur line is primary school not pre school u ****er, so which one are u from?

dukes06 said:
is sammy curran getting a kick or is he worried about his looks on and off the field ?

dukes sammy has been playing some good footy this year. re fractured his collar bone early on but come back and was playing solid in and under footy but due to an unfortunate work place accident on thursday doesnt look like playing again this year.

Sun Tzu said:
Mr G wouldnt be the umpire that gave evidence against Spivey would he perfect 50/50 vision, didnt see contact but saw the player go down, other umpire saw contact ( apparently) saw player go down, amazingly player stated that he didnt go down, ex mildura player as umpire, mildura supporter on Tribuneral, ex irymple player and father in law of current coach as chairman, Independent Tribuneral my arse

Still don't barrack for anyone Sunny?

Sun Tzu said:

sunny do you know for sure who is on the tribunal????
because there are more than two blokes that sit on it. everyweek it is a different two, and as for the "ex irymple player and father in law of current coach" i am pretty sure that he is longer sitting on the panel for those reasons that you have pointed out and knowing him myself i feel that he would like the tribunal to remain independent and stepped aside but i may be wrong.

malleeboy said:
We have had our umpire all year and you could excuse him on Saturday because he was only trying to even up all **** decisions your guy made.

It was a good tough game on saturday and your blokes played better on the day but the umpiring stuffed it up.

I played down the flanks working on my tan, great weather for it leading into the finals. I don't think you guys will be good enough to beat imps in the finals so it doesn't matter how we go.;)
doesnt matter? didnt you blokes choke in a major way last year malleeboy,i think with the side you guys have you should win it by6-10 goals ,,15 goals if you dont play.

boris becker said:
doesnt matter? didnt you blokes choke in a major way last year malleeboy,i think with the side you guys have you should win it by6-10 goals ,,15 goals if you dont play.

Hey Boris, I think we both know which side choked in last years final series:p

GAblett said:
sunny do you know for sure who is on the tribunal????
because there are more than two blokes that sit on it. everyweek it is a different two, and as for the "ex irymple player and father in law of current coach" i am pretty sure that he is longer sitting on the panel for those reasons that you have pointed out and knowing him myself i feel that he would like the tribunal to remain independent and stepped aside but i may be wrong.

He is still on the tribunal but I doubt he would sit if it involved Irymple. I know him a little bit and he is a very genuine, fair bloke. He would step aside you are correct.

Yaaablett said:
He is still on the tribunal but I doubt he would sit if it involved Irymple. I know him a little bit and he is a very genuine, fair bloke. He would step aside you are correct.

No Yableeet, you are incorrect, he would not step aside. Cast yourself back to the week before Last years Grand Final. Irymple playmaker and a very good one at that was facing the tribunal for allegedly striking me (Which we both stated he didn't) and would have seen him miss the Grand Final had he been found guilty.

The CHAIRMAN, not one of the other two sitting but the CHAIRMAN was that exact man. I am not saying his is bias, but it would look better for the tribunal had had not been involved in that matter. Irymple were the favourites to win but losing Curran would have been a huge loss. The father of the then Assistant coach of Irymple and past Irymple player is the Chairman and Curran gets off. It doesn't show signs of independence to me but I am NOT saying that the man is biased, just that it shouldn't happen. All parties can disagree to any member of the tribunal sitting and no-one did, so any arguement is nul and void anyway.

And Sun Tsu is correct about the three members who sat on my hearing the other night.

I am not questioning their integrity at all, however they should possibly stand down if they have any involvements with either player, and that would stop any possible suggestions of partiallity. I still stand by what I said about an impartial tribuneral.

Yaaablett said:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibis100 said:
No Yableeet, you are incorrect, he would not step aside. Cast yourself back to the week before Last years Grand Final. Irymple playmaker and a very good one at that was facing the tribunal for allegedly striking me (Which we both stated he didn't) and would have seen him miss the Grand Final had he been found guilty.

The CHAIRMAN, not one of the other two sitting but the CHAIRMAN was that exact man. I am not saying his is bias, but it would look better for the tribunal had had not been involved in that matter. Irymple were the favourites to win but losing Curran would have been a huge loss. The father of the then Assistant coach of Irymple and past Irymple player is the Chairman and Curran gets off. It doesn't show signs of independence to me but I am NOT saying that the man is biased, just that it shouldn't happen. All parties can disagree to any member of the tribunal sitting and no-one did, so any arguement is nul and void anyway.

And Sun Tsu is correct about the three members who sat on my hearing the other night.

Didn't know that, wasn't here. Does surprise me though. What if Imps had of objected last year as obviously you guys wouldn't care? I don't reckon he would be biased either but it probably shouldn't happen.

Sun Tzu perhaps as a person without bias you could nominate yourself as a tribunal member. Your obvious wisdom would be bonus on such issues.

The thought has actually crossed my mind before this day, however I am unsure on how to nominate

Hillite said:
Sun Tzu perhaps as a person without bias you could nominate yourself as a tribunal member. Your obvious wisdom would be bonus on such issues.

Ibis100 said:

Who do we suggest chairs the Tribunal then. The AFL has past players on their review panel, does this mean that they are bias? If I knew that it would make a difference we would have contested it last year. I know that if a past imperials player was on the tribunal I would hate to face them because it could work totally against you.

Sun Tzu, you seem to know a hell of a lot about these instances that you speak of. Were you at the game, or do you know someone involved in the games mentioned?

Depends on who you have been talking and yes I have been put out to stud however I have produced one to follow the footsteps:)

Sun Tzu said:
Hey Nakkers is it true what I have heard about the last day of this month, what are you going to do????????????

malleeboy said:
Hey Boris, I think we both know which side choked in last years final series:p
south 2's wasnt it malleeboy? by the way i saw you play 3 weeks ago and i know why you winge about the umpires so much,, you cant seem to get near the ball malleeboy except when the umpire is actually holding it! GIVE IT AWAY SON,,anyway that decision will probably be made for you by the selection committee one would think.:eek:

Gladstone Small said:
Who do we suggest chairs the Tribunal then. The AFL has past players on their review panel, does this mean that they are bias? If I knew that it would make a difference we would have contested it last year. I know that if a past imperials player was on the tribunal I would hate to face them because it could work totally against you.

Sun Tzu, you seem to know a hell of a lot about these instances that you speak of. Were you at the game, or do you know someone involved in the games mentioned?

I have no problem with past players being on the tribunal as no player would. They have an understanding of what happens on the field and will generally listen to the players arguement.

However, they should not have any ties to the clubs that are involved to the incident and certainly should not be related to any player from the clubs involved.

Perhaps every club should be required to have a member on the tribunal and then there would be ample persons available to sit without bias.

Imperials couldn't have contested anything as they weren't involved in the incident. Only the umpire, or either player involved in the incident can object to who sits on the night. I am sure Imps could have made a complaint to the League though.

GRINGO said:
south 2's wasnt it malleeboy? by the way i saw you play 3 weeks ago and i know why you winge about the umpires so much,, you cant seem to get near the ball malleeboy except when the umpire is actually holding it! GIVE IT AWAY SON,,anyway that decision will probably be made for you by the selection committee one would think.:eek:

Yeah i'm thinking about taking up umpiring next year so I can get to touch a footy:D

malleeboy said:
Yeah i'm thinking about taking up umpiring next year so I can get to touch a footy:D

malleeboy that wouldnt be a bad place to start then you would realise how hard it actually is to umpire the game instead of hanging **** on those guys that are actually out there allowing us to play each week.:mad:

Couldnt agree more GAblett, one has to remember without them we havent got a game:thumbsu:

GAblett said:
malleeboy that wouldnt be a bad place to start then you would realise how hard it actually is to umpire the game instead of hanging **** on those guys that are actually out there allowing us to play each week.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back