Supporters... Let's make a stand! (Get the Bark back!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is stupid. You can't honestly think that people are going to be vocal and cheer the tripe that this football club has put up this year.

Why don't the players and coaches make a stand and start being a competitive professional football team rather than an absolute rabble. The worst bulldogs team in my life. Even worse than the Rhodes era.
Agree with your second part. Vehemently disagree with the 1st.

We can't control how players perform, or how satisfying the match day experience from the football perspective. What happens in the stands is in your control and you have the ability to participate in the creation of an experience that is unique, exciting and engaging.... regardless of our form.

We aren't bandwagoners, that is obvious. We love the Club. You can profess that independent of any great love for whichever characters represent it at this point in time.

As has been said, supporters don't have much at all to cheer about. We don't kick goals, we play boring, weak football and we all know we're going to lose when we turn up.

I'm not going to cheer because X player managed to hit a target for once, or veteran A committed to chasing the opposition.

I'd hate to see how some of the "negative" types on this board would have carried on back in 2002-2004...

This thread is stupid. You can't honestly think that people are going to be vocal and cheer the tripe that this football club has put up this year.

What looks to be more stupid BWFC is the negativety placed on a few that are trying to find ways to get some enthusiasm going which could be reciprocated amongst the crowd and heard by the players. The club has put up far worse in the past than this year, and most of the supporters are still here.

I'm not going to cheer because X player managed to hit a target for once, or veteran A committed to chasing the opposition.

No one is expecting the crowd to go to that level. But the whimper the "supporters" yell out after a goal is kicked is pathetic. Teams lift when the crowd is behind them. A bit more noise from the crowd goes a long way

I'd hate to see how some of the "negative" types on this board would have carried on back in 2002-2004...

What looks to be more stupid BWFC is the negativety placed on a few that are trying to find ways to get some enthusiasm going which could be reciprocated amongst the crowd and heard by the players. The club has put up far worse in the past than this year, and most of the supporters are still here.

No one is expecting the crowd to go to that level. But the whimper the "supporters" yell out after a goal is kicked is pathetic. Teams lift when the crowd is behind them. A bit more noise from the crowd goes a long way

Totally. Except there's a 30 minute break between goals (or even scores in some instances), meaning zero momentum both on and off the field. Again, we are immensely boring and when we're down by 60 and we've kicked a consolation goal in the 4th quarter, I'm not sure what your expectations would be. Most supporters have (rightly) taken their leave by that point.

I thought the crowd was fine on Sunday in the first quarter. Then the team (apart from Higgins and Lake) essentially stopped. What was everyone supposed to cheer for then?

It's great that we're now blaming the supporters for not cheering enough. As long as we're not blaming those who are actually culpable.

It's great that we're now blaming the supporters for not cheering enough. As long as we're not blaming those who are actually culpable.

This thread wasnt about blaming anyone for anything. It was just a post put up by a passionate supporter who is trying to bring up ideas to have us heard a bit more and yell a bit louder.

I go to the games... Week in and Week out... And one thing I have noticed is that we are not loud enough! I look at other teams and their crowd acts as a 19th man on the field... It's time we used our voices! It pumps up the players.. Brings life into the game!

We need to be ferocious with our voices, Yell and scream how you want the boys to attack the football... Let's be heard.. No longer do I want to sit back, clap and chant bulldogs like the Brighton all girls choir... I want to start acting like well en dowered, chest beating carnivores...

We are apart of this club too... We need to set the tone!

Don't sit back and call a player not hard enough when you haven't said a word all game! Stand up and be proud to be Red, White and Blue and show everyone that we are all in this together....

We are Dogs... We need to get our Bark back!!

Great idea maybe OfficialBulldogs would like to promote this, if we pick a round in which we all turn up?

Thank you, captain obvious.

if you find things so boring, why bother.

The crowd stops cheering after the opposition kickes a few goals. We have a partially fickle supporter base who are behind the team when things are rosey yet they are disctinctly absent when things are going bad. Every team suffers that, our small supporter base makes it more noticeable.

Well said Mike2009. I remember going to the footy in 2007-2009 when everyone would go bananas after the doggies would string a few goals in a row. It won't be the same now as it seems like a lot of supporters aren't going to the game due to the fact in knowing we will cop a belting.

Don't we have a useless cheersquad to try and get some noise/atmosphere happening? They pay for those seats and they apparently guarantee access to the Grand Final if the Dogs ever play in one again.

When the team is up, the cheers will come we all know that. At the moment, we deserve more as supporters of this club - what is being dished up is deplorable and impossible to try and celebrate when it's so stinking bad. When it's turned around, we'll all be there in force. I don't understand the need for this thread.

As has been said, supporters don't have much at all to cheer about. We don't kick goals, we play boring, weak football and we all know we're going to lose when we turn up.

Is it a given that fans must only cheer in response to an on field happening?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a couple of reasons I like going to the games when we are down. Firstly, it usually means a lot of young players are in the side, who get abused by the opposition supporters, I think it is good to be there to encourage them. Secondly, I am a stoic bulldog supporters who first brought a membership in the fateful year 2003. Since then I have upgraded to a social game membership and bought four seats, one is just a spare.

As an official AFL crowd analyst, my data this years reads as follows

Loud BALL Screams v hawks we were 6 to 19. for the year we are running at an average of 5.75 Loud ball screams per game. With Sydney leading the comp with a 26 per game average.
Loud HIGH Screams we are averaging 2.3 per game with West Coast the leaders on 22.7
Umpire BOOS we are averaging 3.5 per game up against Collingwood 27.2 per game
Our Opposition player Boos are running at .75 per game currently ranked 17 in the league
Crowd silence is averaging 92.2% of game time ranked 18
Contested Chants we have not won a quarter all year.
Random heightened crowd noise for no reason we are ranked 18 with Richmond league leaders
The only crowd stat we are leading is negative "Sighes" 18.6 per game.

Super interesting stuff thanks mate, do you have the figures for when we were competitive? (2008-2010) I suspect supporting a team that is actually kicking enough goals or getting close to beating their opponents will get more crowd involvement.

Have to admit, I LOL'D at hte last point.

As an official AFL crowd analyst, my data this years reads as follows

Loud BALL Screams v hawks we were 6 to 19. for the year we are running at an average of 5.75 Loud ball screams per game. With Sydney leading the comp with a 26 per game average.
Loud HIGH Screams we are averaging 2.3 per game with West Coast the leaders on 22.7
Umpire BOOS we are averaging 3.5 per game up against Collingwood 27.2 per game
Our Opposition player Boos are running at .75 per game currently ranked 17 in the league
Crowd silence is averaging 92.2% of game time ranked 18
Contested Chants we have not won a quarter all year.
Random heightened crowd noise for no reason we are ranked 18 with Richmond league leaders
Would be interested to know how we are tracking for 'face palms per capita.'

DSMI

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters... Let's make a stand! (Get the Bark back!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back