Moved Thread Survey reveals West Coast's home ground umpiring advantage..

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood_wide-620x349.jpg

The point is WCE still get favoured by the umps and have received 60% of all frees paid in 2015 when playing at home.

No other teams enjoy such a discrepancy.
Maybe they just tackle better and don't hold their opponents to give away less frees?

The point is WCE still get favoured by the umps and have received 60% of all frees paid in 2015 when playing at home.

No other teams enjoy such a discrepancy.
We're a disciplined side. There's nothing else to it.

Jesus, 60% of the free kicks? We've also pumped 3 abysmal teams at home this year: Carlton, GWS and GC. Wouldn't have anything to do with being first to the ball? The only farcical match was against St Kilda- some truly baffling decisions in that game.
We get the same treatment against the big clubs in Melbourne (Essendon, Collingwood), and I'm sure it has a fair bit to do with their vocal fans. And why wouldn't you? If you can get a crowd of 40,000 to influence an umpire, be as vocal as possible!

As a bulldog fan it works like clock work
Home game we get the 50/50
Away game the opposition gets them and you really have to earn your own - it's just the crowd

I'd say this is confirmation bias more than anything. I really don't think the umps are swayed that much at all.

Maybe you play worse on the road, are second to the ball, and have Minson getting frustrated and giving away stupid frees?

Your clock is broken I think.

I'd say this is confirmation bias more than anything. I really don't think the umps are swayed that much at all.

Maybe you play worse on the road, are second to the ball, and have Minson getting frustrated and giving away stupid frees?

Your clock is broken I think.
Confirmation bias?
Nah just human nature
It's sel evident

As a bulldog fan it works like clock work
Home game we get the 50/50
Away game the opposition gets them and you really have to earn your own - it's just the crowd

Your crowd certainly does a good job against us - we've really been struggling to get a free kick the last couple of times we've played you.

The count in our last two games has been 44-15 in the Dogs favour, despite us winning both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 years of stats are hard to argue with.
The Eagles play more disciplined at home like no other.

i remember once we were r*ped by the umpires in geelong and when woosha was baited on it... 'any glaring stats you want to comment on' his answer was spo on... 'well often when you arent on your game, you're in unfamiliar territory, you're last to the ball, you're getting desperate, you get sloppy, and that sloppiness is reflected in every stat, but most evidently in frees against.'

When people cry foul about free kick inequalities one has to laugh. Where is the rule that states teams need a 50/50 split of the free-kicks? If one team has the ball, the other team doesn't. If you are first to the ball, dominating play, you will invariably get more free kicks.

People who subscribe to this 50/50 portioning of free kicks as some kind of unwritten unspoken rule of AFL are genuine morons.

West Coast, across the board have more deserving free kicks NOT paid to them vs. paid to them -- and the AFL still spinning BS like they do best. Good to see the AFL is shit-scared about West Coast once again, reminds me of the early 90s when we had to play our Home Finals at the MCG and the father son rules in the WAFL were changed so we couldn't pick up many sons of guns.

Love the concept that the free kick count has to be equal at all times. People realise that free kicks are a penalty imposed for going outside the rules, and it's insanely unlikely that each team infringes the same amount of times. It's a penalty, there's no rule that says the number has to be even, or has to be close. You've got to laugh every time you see someone saying "yes but the numbers."

Bullshit. If you'd like to discuss individual calls or non calls, that has all the merit in the world, but pointing to an uneven count at the end of the game and saying the numbers alone are proof of anything is ridiculous. Frees should be assessed on a case by case basis, it doesn't matter if it's 0-0, 20-10 or 100-1 in the count. Talk to me about decisions and incidents, not the count.

West Coast did a marvellous job of being better at playing the rules of AFL football again at Subiaco oval again today. They really have a good record of doing this.

Kudos! :thumbsu:
You expect West Coast to get better free kick count in Perth. Its just the way it. Its the weak as p$$ umpiring who give in to the baying crowd that's the problem.

Cats benefit from this when playing at KP

The real problem is the unprofessionalism of AFL umpires

West Coast did a marvellous job of being better at football than Geelong at Subiaco oval again today. They really have a good record of doing this.

Kudos! :thumbsu:
EFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Survey reveals West Coast's home ground umpiring advantage..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back