FTA-TV Survivor 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Done he first episode.

What is with the Knight motif throughout the episode, and what I presume will be throughout the season. It's too in your face.
I don't mind it, this is the 12th straight Fiji season so I'd rather this than another generic island/tropical theme. Hopefully the rumours 45/46 will be the last in Fiji are true and they can start mixing it up again.

I don't mind it, this is the 12th straight Fiji season so I'd rather this than another generic island/tropical theme. Hopefully the rumours 45/46 will be the last in Fiji are true and they can start mixing it up again.
What about something more Fijian, like a coup :D

The whole sword/shield thing and the chess stuff seems weird/tacky and makes it feel like a survivor ripoff but I guess they got bored of just making random totem themed stuff by now

Not a fan of them shoving in even more convoluted twists but at least it seems they have got rid of that garbage "lose your vote until 3 people have said a stupid phrase" idol bs

The whole sword/shield thing and the chess stuff seems weird/tacky and makes it feel like a survivor ripoff but I guess they got bored of just making random totem themed stuff by now

Not a fan of them shoving in even more convoluted twists but at least it seems they have got rid of that garbage "lose your vote until 3 people have said a stupid phrase" idol bs

I'd have a million moving parts to stop safe play vs standard survibor. Compare it with the Aus version which is over reliant on production intervention after the fact.

I'd have a million moving parts to stop safe play vs standard survibor. Compare it with the Aus version which is over reliant on production intervention after the fact.
Given the Ausvivor and USvivor are different formats so really shouldnt be compared , there has been 2 non elim legs, 4 idols, zero advantages in 37 days played on Aussie Survivor so far, there were more on US survivor in half an episode!

Given the Ausvivor and USvivor are different formats so really shouldnt be compared , there has been 2 non elim legs, 4 idols, zero advantages in 37 days played on Aussie Survivor so far, there were more on US survivor in half an episode!

Not comparing at all, just stating that the US is far more dynamic and allows for far less 'goats' and in my opinion makes for a far entertaining game to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you need some goats for some good gameplay. You don't want so many goats you end up like the season Boston Rob won but a nice sprinkling for the good players to take advantage of is nice. I mean the current Aus season would be pretty boring if the first 3 vote outs were George, Hayley and Shonee which they should have been if the cast were all fair dinkum.

Not comparing at all, just stating that the US is far more dynamic and allows for far less 'goats' and in my opinion makes for a far entertaining game to watch.
Wow. I’ve found it hard to watch for years, compared to the good old days.

Aussie survivor generally kills it.

The US version can be such a mess - there were so many non voters in that first tribal that it’s just a ridiculous farce.

I’ll keep watching only because I like the cast and am interested in regards to what happens with that total crackpot drug counsellor bird. She’s gold.

The US version can be such a mess - there were so many non voters in that first tribal that it’s just a ridiculous farce.

I’ll keep watching only because I like the cast and am interested in regards to what happens with that total crackpot drug counsellor bird. She’s gold.

Haha yeah she's definitely an odd unit.

I think you need some goats for some good gameplay. You don't want so many goats you end up like the season Boston Rob won but a nice sprinkling for the good players to take advantage of is nice. I mean the current Aus season would be pretty boring if the first 3 vote outs were George, Hayley and Shonee which they should have been if the cast were all fair dinkum.
I’ve been saying this on this board for years. You need duds, crazies etc to make the show interesting.

I’m all in on crazy Carolyn.

More than happy to agree people have different tastes.

You’re talking to the bloke that reckons that Hayley is a dud.

Lol.

I've been saying it for 10 years (to the point where they could now fill two seasons), but I'd really like a season filled with people who were voted out at the first tribal.
I’d put money on Francesca Hogi getting voted out first.

Reminds me of Chrissy from BvW.

Have stopped watching Aus Survivor. Can’t remember the last time I finished a season before giving up

Reminds me of Chrissy from BvW.

Have stopped watching Aus Survivor. Can’t remember the last time I finished a season before giving up

It’s the time commitment for Aus

US it’s 42 minutes a week

That’s the right dose for me

It’s the time commitment for Aus

US it’s 42 minutes a week

That’s the right dose for me
If you miss an episode, you have no time to catch up, because the next episode is on the following day. At least with the US version, you miss an episode and you’ve got a whole week before the next episode.

If you miss an episode, you have no time to catch up, because the next episode is on the following day. At least with the US version, you miss an episode and you’ve got a whole week before the next episode.

I was liked 6 eps behind the current season before I caught up but Im actually starting to like the binge style of watching Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Back