Swans 2008 Roller Coaster ride....where will it end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obeanie1

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So where will the Swans 2008 roller coaster ride end?

So far this year;

Pre season comp

Alleged Roos told McViegh to 'not kick a goal / not win the game'

Home and Away Season

1. 19 Players on the field debarcle. Fined and put on notice
  2. Hall king hit on Staker
  3. Davis dropped under the Bloods Code
  4. Bloods Captain accussed of "Tunnelling"
  5. Goodes dream run with tribunal FINALLY ends
  6. Fev linked to Swans next year
  7. Hall attempts to strike Waklin - gets one week
  8. Hall dropped indefinately under the Bloods Code
  9. Claim made by Barnes with inside scoop 'Hall thinks he's being shafted by Swans so they can get Fev'
Where will it end.......

At least its footy related and unlike the Eagles last year but they are getting plenty of airtime in 2008.

Oh, and hows this for a potential three way;

Fev to Swans
J Brown to Carlton
Carltons AND Sydneys 1st picks to Brisbane - say pick 7 and 12 with Syndey having put in something more than just pick 12 for Fev also going to Brisbane?:eek:

Will the biased Robert Walls be describing this pathetic club as "Good" again.

AFL must be furious that the mass media spin is failing to cover up cracks appearing from its 'love child'.

Lucky this team is not located in a 'AFL' town.

Will the biased Robert Walls be describing this pathetic club as "Good" again.

AFL must be furious that the mass media spin is failing to cover up cracks appearing from its 'love child'.

Lucky this team is not located in a 'AFL' town.
If i were you i probably would have stopped short of calling us pathetic, when you own team is a better fit for that description.

VERY SIMILAR TO 05 with dimitriou calling us ugly. :thumbsu:

we'll show em ;)

bring it on bitches :thumbsu::cool:

How can the fracturing relationship between club / coach and players with your last premiership captain be compared to Dimitriou calling the Swans ugly back in 2005?:eek:

This issue is an uncomfortable internal problem that is being dragged out into the public spotlight by the media. Its not a 'Us versus the rest of the world' situation where the players and club tighten ranks to prove the knockers wrong (And kudos to Sydney in 2005 you did show everyone you had what it took to win a flag).

In fact I would say this is closer to the Cousins situation than the 2005 Ugly Swans situation but obviously no where near as serious as Cousins and his addiction.

Hall has breached the Bloods Code and has been suspended by the club, the club wants to help but if he comes back in a month , plays and punches out another opponent fair chance the club will look to move him on via trade or talk him into retirement IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can the fracturing relationship between club / coach and players with your last premiership captain be compared to Dimitriou calling the Swans ugly back in 2005?:eek:

This issue is an uncomfortable internal problem that is being dragged out into the public spotlight by the media. Its not a 'Us versus the rest of the world' situation where the players and club tighten ranks to prove the knockers wrong (And kudos to Sydney in 2005 you did show everyone you had what it took to win a flag).

In fact I would say this is closer to the Cousins situation than the 2005 Ugly Swans situation but obviously no where near as serious as Cousins and his addiction.

Hall has breached the Bloods Code and has been suspended by the club, the club wants to help but if he comes back in a month , plays and punches out another opponent fair chance the club will look to move him on via trade or talk him into retirement IMO.

It's similar in the way we're under the medias spotlight, just like in 05. If you want to see the swans as imploding, then do it, whatever helps you sleep at night, the fact is I don't. The only thing you could call a fracture (which is a stretch) is what is going on with barry hall, but the dude has issues, which happens to the best of us from time to time.; The swans, in typical form have dealt with it in a unified manner. Perhaps if west showed this you guys wouldn't have imploded like you have.

re 'its not us against them' - BULLSHIT it aint, every other club (bar brisbane supporters) are waiting on the side lines licking their lips wishing we'd implode.... it aint gonna happen bruva.

Newsflash.....

Other teams are not worried about a below average team like the Swans.

Swans dont always play as bad as they7 do against collingwood, as long as the swans dont play them in the finals til the grand final we should be in with a pretty good chance I reckon.

Swans dont always play as bad as they7 do against collingwood, as long as the swans dont play them in the finals til the grand final we should be in with a pretty good chance I reckon.

#### that shit i want to beat the pies in round 21 and i want to beat them well. The stage is set, we will be underdogs and the pies will be favourites..... Surely, SURELY roosey will dish up something different to the last FOUR TIMES :D

#### that shit i want to beat the pies in round 21 and i want to beat them well. The stage is set, we will be underdogs and the pies will be favourites..... Surely, SURELY roosey will dish up something different to the last FOUR TIMES :D

One would hope so :D But I still wouldn't want to face them in the finals till the grand final even if we beat them well in round 21. The grand final tends to even things out between sides (usually) and we wouldn't be playing at ANZ either...

So where will the Swans 2008 roller coaster ride end?

So far this year;

Pre season comp

Alleged Roos told McViegh to 'not kick a goal / not win the game'

Home and Away Season

1. 19 Players on the field debarcle. Fined and put on notice
  2. Hall king hit on Staker
  3. Davis dropped under the Bloods Code
  4. Bloods Captain accussed of "Tunnelling"
  5. Goodes dream run with tribunal FINALLY ends
  6. Fev linked to Swans next year
  7. Hall attempts to strike Waklin - gets one week
  8. Hall dropped indefinately under the Bloods Code
  9. Claim made by Barnes with inside scoop 'Hall thinks he's being shafted by Swans so they can get Fev'
Where will it end.......

At least its footy related and unlike the Eagles last year but they are getting plenty of airtime in 2008.

Oh, and hows this for a potential three way;

Fev to Swans
J Brown to Carlton
Carltons AND Sydneys 1st picks to Brisbane - say pick 7 and 12 with Syndey having put in something more than just pick 12 for Fev also going to Brisbane?:eek:

Where will it end? In tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans 2008 Roller Coaster ride....where will it end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back