Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We had one guy in a port guernsey on our flight home, everyone else had changed.My Port gear wasn’t pleasant after flying over in the morning, a bit of day drinking, pre game beers and sorrow drowning. Can’t see anything wrong with them wearing casual clothes on a Saturday flight home.
They are representing the club, I’d have thought wearing club attire would be relevant.

They are representing the club, I’d have thought wearing club attire would be relevant.
On the way home on a Saturday when our season is officially over? Be a question to ask - had we won would they have worn their official gear. I was on the same plane with Richo on the way over and I can't remember what he was wearing - just remember he didn't sit in business class which I liked.

From the outside looking in, this has been an ongoing issue with Port. It appeared as if the pattern had changed when Hinkley first took over, but it soon reverted to type. There's a hundred examples of spuds and duds over promising young players littering the AFL history of Port since the Cahill years - a few examples that come straight to mind:
Daniels over Bassett
Steinberner over Squire
Daniel Stewart over Salter

Add to that the gold pass retention of players well past their use by date, good as these players were in their day:
Shayne Breuer
Brayden Lyle
Darren Mead
Peter Burgoyne
Daniel Motlop
Stephen Paxman
Matthew Bishop
Peter Walsh

Not a recent problem. Needs a complete change of culture.
It's more to do that we're in a premiership window and should be playing younger guys over older guys and absolute duds who have hit their low ceiling.

C'mon Light's Out, don't put Cahill in the same sentence as Hinkley. That's crazy. Yes I know.

On the way home on a Saturday when our season is officially over? Be a question to ask - had we won would they have worn their official gear. I was on the same plane with Richo on the way over and I can't remember what he was wearing - just remember he didn't sit in business class which I liked.
It’s not end of the world but an observation of mindset if you ask me. You can either hide in casual clothes or hold yourself to account and wear Port merchandise on your work trip home.

I haven’t seen him sitting business. Probably not a good look unless the flight is over a certain time frame

It's more to do that we're in a premiership window and should be playing younger guys over older guys and absolute duds who have hit their low ceiling.

C'mon Light's Out, don't put Cahill in the same sentence as Hinkley. That's crazy. Yes I know.
No, Cahill was the exception to the rule. Cahill put a lot of work into youngsters, which IMHO Williams capitalised on and was then exposed when these moved on and he had to develop his own list. Not a knock on Cahill at all. I'm firmly of the belief if Cahill had been kept on Port would would have been a feared force from very early on.

No, Cahill was the exception to the rule. Cahill put a lot of work into youngsters, which IMHO Williams capitalised on and was then exposed when these moved on and he had to develop his own list. Not a knock on Cahill at all. I'm firmly of the belief if Cahill had been kept on Port would would have been a feared force from very early on.
What rule? What are you going on about?

John Cahill - GOAT coach
Ken Hinkley - dud

Lets move on.

In all good consciousness, how can the Port board hear his comments last night and continue to endorse this bloke?

He’s the senior coach, responsibility for the on-field fortunes of the team begin and end with Ken and it’ll always be that way.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here, those comments to me are so unacceptable and unaccountable.

The majority of the board and the Chairman are VFL plants. The club puts bums on seats, good membership numbers and is financially stable. The club is no longer driven by people desperately striving for the ultimate success. This has been evident for quite a while. The club needs a member elected board before any true accountability will return.

Basically this, either go for the theatre, support another club eg Hawthorn or a lower league club.
I think Hawthorn this year were 2014 Port Adelaide - will be interesting to see how they go next year now that everyone knows how to beat them. Theyll be stronger with Barass etc but we all know making it to September pretty much depends on injuries and suspensions. If you've got your strongest team playing at the right end of the year you've got a better chance than those who don't.

I think Hawthorn this year were 2014 Port Adelaide - will be interesting to see how they go next year now that everyone knows how to beat them. Theyll be stronger with Barass etc but we all know making it to September pretty much depends on injuries and suspensions. If you've got your strongest team playing at the right end of the year you've got a better chance than those who don't.
2014 PA had a hell of a lot more talent than Hawthorn 2024.

Hawthorn 2024 were Adelaide 2023, at least that’s my hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think with Farrell Houston and no Dixon we were a genuine chance to beat anyone. Losing your two best distributors cannot be understated, particularly when you look at the (non) performance of Boak and Burton in filling those holes.

The bomb it long to no one game plan infuriated me as we’ve seen it fail time and time again.

Can thread title be changed to South Melbourne Bloods end our 2024 season? At least when their trolls visit the reality of what it is they support is reinforced, and having tested their fan base with these taunts post game, I’m very aware they don’t like it. I was quite shocked by how aggressive some of their fans were towards the Port presence in the Bill O stand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back