Swans fans - tell us about yourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

ex vic who has spent the last 20 years moving around the country (accept Sydney). Finally moving to Sydney next month so I don't have to drive 3 hours to home games. Can't wait. Been a swans supporter since early 70's. Went to many games at the Lake oval.

Hi, I'm Chris, a Pies supporter who's always cherished a soft spot for the Swannies. My best memory of the Swans was also my worst. Plugger kicked his 1300th at the SCG... but it was against Collingwood. And Lockyer and Buckley could not contain Paul kelly on tht day. What an awesome player. My all time favourite Swan is Paul Kelly and Paul Roos, currently playing Adam Schnider and O'Keefe

G'day my names Dave and I have a host of nicknames that have no place on this board. I've been supporting the Swans since about 1993, back when they were still getting pumped. I take pride in my pre-Lockett attraction to the game.

I watched my first game live back in 94 after playing in the half time game for my primary school. We got a can of solo afterwards so I was obviously hooked for life. I have been playing Aussie Rules for about 6 years, but am out at the moment recovering from an ACL reconstruction.

My fondest memory of the Swans is not 05, but watching them on Channel 7 back in about 95 at my grand parents house. Everyone would be having desert and I'd sneak off to listen to Dennis and Bruce, and watch out for my favourite player, Troy Luff.

Since then my devotion has become a borderline obsession and I've branched out into the area coaching, helping out at footy camps and running clinics.

My favourite days start with a home game in Wollongong for my side, then a few beers and the Swans on a big screen. I don't get along to games much because of my own footy, but if I could, I would.

This has been an emotional journey through my love of the game. Thank you.

Hi my names is Nathan and have been following the Bloods all my life,im 36 and am 4th generation Swans and happy to say my kids are 5th generation supporters.

I've often thought that one thing this forum lacked was the community atmosphere that can be seen on the larger team forums. Now, as a new mod, it's one of my jobs to help build that culture here. The best way to start is, simply, to tell each other who we are. So I thought I'd get the ball rolling. Include as much or as little detail as you like.

My name is - you'll never guess - Charlie. I'm 18, I live in Melbourne (yeah, I guess that's not telling you anything) and I've supported the Swans since '94. My favourite players of all time were Mark Bayes and Paul Kelly. I was at the SCG when Plugger kicked his 1300th goal, and I was at Stadium Australia when PK and Dunks played their last game. They were the standout matches for me. I'm a uni student (first day today) at the University of Melbourne. I study history, politics and economics.

Cheers. :)

I was at the MCG when Matty Lloyd kicked 13 goals against us :eek:

I live in London these days but fondly remember going to watch South Melb play at VFL Park and Lakeside in 1977 as 5 year old - that makes me 35.

Didn't mind it when they moved to Sydney 'cause they were on the telly every weekend.

Most memorable games I've been to would have to be the comeback win against Carlton at Princes Park in 1990 including Bayes' stunning second half, 6 goals to Shane Fell on debut and a little fella by the name of Kelly IIRC. Lockett's 16 out at the Western Oval and our breaking of the losing streak against Melbourne at the MCG. TV games - 2005 Premiership (in London), the 1987 record breaking scoring run (3 games in a row we scored 200 points [well nearly]), 1996 PF against Essendon and the Nick Davis last quarter.

Kid idols - John Roberts, Silvio Foschini, Bernie Evans, Mark Bayes, David Murphy

Greetings fellow swans supporters,

I'll make it short and sweet. Swans supporter all my life. 22. From Melbourne. And the last few years has been an amazing ride. Growing up a swans supporter has been hard for most of the time... ie... the nightmare seasons in the early 90's. :eek: But I knew eventually they'd turn good. :cool:

Favourite players probably Kirk and O Keefe.

Cheers.

-BB

Hi, my name is Margaret. I'm currently 17 years of age and in my final year of high school. I was raised in a family where football never existed. It wasn't until mid 2004 where I took interest in NRL, after my school is crazy about NRL. Watching the State of Origin, it got me hyped and I fell in love with the Sydney Roosters, who i still support. In September, my cousin (who's a Swans fan) forced me to watch a Swans match one night. Funny enough, it was against the Eagles at the Telstra Stadium. It was thundering that night and it was a big win. After that match, I was hooked. I jumped on the Swannies bandwagon and in 2005, I continued to support them. I was meant to go to my very first AFL match (against the Eagles at home), but my parents wouldn't let! :(. During the semi-final where Nick Davis kicked those 4 memorable goals, I cried. Odd for a 'supporter' who just jumped on the bandwagon. I realised where my loyalty and passion lied. After the premiership win in 2005, i was estatic and realised Sydney Swans meant more to me. And in 2006, I became very passionate and the Swans literally revolved around me every single day. After another consecutive appearance in the GF, the loss made me become a more passionate and loyal supporter. And I managed to become a member, for the first time, in 2007.

Even though I've been supporting them for under 3 years. It felt like I've been supporting them for many years. :thumbsu:

so she does have a name :p

i first started in 1996, but i was a wee kid back then, only 11 so i didn't really know much else, but i liked the sound of the team. made the gf that year too :eek:
some lean years here and there, passionate and loyal supporter just haven't had the funds for a membership yet :(

btw its Justin ;)

19, from Sydney. Been a Swans supporter since I was born. I think I attended my first game at around a month old. Been playing since I was 7, umpiring since I was 11. Having a year off playing (played in the Sydney Premier League for Wests) but still umpire at Sydney PL level.

Working my way through a physiotherapy bridging course and also Support the Roosters and FC.

Have I forgotten anything?

This is my first post to the BigFooty Forum.

Im a die-hard Swannies fan and I run a Video Podcasting Website called: Ask a Swan Supporter: www.swansupporter.com

People seem to think it's funny, so check it out and let me know what you think.

I look forward to seeing you in a ball up or ruck contest soon!
Hiredgoon aka Swan Supporter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21 from melbourne, 3rd generation sth melb/sydney supporter so you could say I had no choice and was born into it. fav player of all time = Kelly
went to the 2005 grand final, one of the best days of my life, went to the 2006 grand final and lets just say it wasnt. and i try to make games religously. That is All.

how yas goin. im matt 25 years old and been a swan since 87 watchin the wiz kicking goals for us left right n centre. grew up in north queensland where they only showed two games each week of afl then moved to wa in 95 where i got to see them on tv every week. favourite players ever are paul kelly, greg williams(god),brett kirk, micky o, wiz, paul roos, derek kickett. best games i seen was the 05grand final, pluggers last game in perth, last years qualifying final v west coast, and paul kellys come back game from injury against freo at subi

Hey,

My name's Tom - or Flanas as a few people know on here - I go to school at Caulfield Grammar in Melbourne and I'm currently studying in year 12. Footy (and cricket) is basically my whole life, its really all I think about at the moment. In 2003 I used to half-live in Sydney as my dad was working on business at KingGee head offices so I lived in Parramatta on weekends. That's where I developed a love for the Eels, who would become my league team, much to the displeasure of my Storm mates who live down here. After spending time living in both city's, I believe NRL is stronger in Melbourne than AFL is in Sydney. So yeah, anything else anyone wants to know?? Home address, phone number, credit card details :p

But yeah just post in here I spose if you wanna know nething else....

i been a member for 11years now and even got the ink done over my heart the day after our premiership win which shows how much i love my team. my gf didnt understand my passion for the swans

Hi im 17, been behind the swans since i was 6 years old. I was born in Adelaide and moved to Sydney in 1995. I cant remember why i started following the Swans but i have never looked back and will love them forever. I can remember the first game i saw them on tv, was the losing Grand Final in 1996. Why didnt i go for the Kangas? i dont know...lol. Since moving to Sydney, an NRL land i have had no AFL friends to talk to and everytime bringing up AFL or the Swans up in a convo, ppl would just say AFL is gay. Damn ppl lol. Ive been to alot of matches and my first was against Richmond in 1999. Many Essendon ones because my older sister is a Bombers supporter. I started to follow abit of the NRL in 2004 as i changed to a high school in Parramatta and started to follow the Dragons. Two reasons, RED and WHITE, and just liked watching them play. But still AFL is the best ever sport and i love the Swans heaps more. I have tonnes of Swans n Dragons gear, posters, cards n stuff. Go into my room and all you see is Red n White.
Anyways, abit too much info there lol tc ppl,, Byees

Yeah I've got a mate in Sydney playing for North Shore seniors, he's 17 and already tied to the Bombers next year. Anyway he empathises ith your situation, every time you bring up the sport the only response you ever get is "AFL is gay", and you just know they've never seen a game. What he did, he broke the front panel on his tv so the buttons wouldnt work, got all his mates to come round to his place, sat them on the couch thinking they were gonna watch league and whacked on the footy, locked the door and left the remote outside. His mates now never miss an Essendon game on tv. Just gotta give the game a chance and anyone will love it forever.

SouthSwans - Good story about your friend there mate. I might try that one day..lol but not smash the buttons on the tv ahah.. I hate bulldogs, hate their supporters (if you know what i mean), too many of them..keke :cool:

J-Swan - Good story about your friend there mate. I might try that one day..lol but not smash the buttons on the tv ahah.. I hate bulldogs, hate their supporters (if you know what i mean), too many of them..keke :cool:
it was my mate's story lol, not j's.... yeah when i lived in parra we had to drive thru canterbury on the way to a swans game cause my dad needed to pick up work stuff and no joke, we had the swans scarf out the window and we had cans thrown at our car.... i never believed the rumours until i saw them in the flesh lol....

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans fans - tell us about yourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back