Swans on the right side of Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to take another look??

seems 5 a piece to me?
Surely the best form indicator is 2 weeks ago?
Yep 5 a piece, but 5 out of the last 6 to the dogs. Last game probably ok guide but in Vic is a different proposition, that's if you beat Carlton and we lose to Collingwood

settle down. haven't even won an elimination final yet. there's no easy side of the draw in finals. saints and dogs finished top 4 for a reason.
Where have i said we are going to make the GF. Just pointing out on current form we should beat the blues and the dogs and that would give us the best of the 2 prelims.

Im under no illusions it will be hard to beat these two teams.

But considering the make up of the eight, Saints win tonight has made our (and carlton and the dogs) draw favourable. To the point where it may even be beneficial for the dogs or the pies for that matter to lose this weekend.

To suggest that 2 teams from outside the top 4 will play off in the GF is luncacy. The week off is simply far too important in modern football.
It only takes a team to have a bad week and they may find themselves out of the finals, no matter where you finished. The week off can be quickly deamed pointless if in the next week you loose a player early. Suddenly due to your limit on the rotations possible and the fact that your oponents (most likely) have a full bench you will be looking at being quickly behind the 8 ball.

I just think back to 2008 and it was FACT that no one was going to beat Geelong and that the flag was as good as won. Well we all know what happened next.

My bet is that this year will be an unexpected final series. I think the Grand Final will be made up of either Sydney, Dogs, Hawks or Saints. Just got that feeling. We all know Pies are due for there anual prelim loss so they are allready out of contention :D

It's only the 'right side of the draw' because teams like Sydney are on it.

Sydney's record in Melbourne (MCG especially) is dismal. Even if they do get over Carlton up there (unlikely considering they can't play at ANZ either), they'll get smashed by whoever they run into in week 2.

I would absolutely love to get Swannies in the prelim.

Unfortunately I cannot see the cards falling so favorably our way.

I would absolutely love to get Swannies in the prelim.

Unfortunately I cannot see the cards falling so favorably our way.

Yeah, you must have loved going in favourites against us in '05:confused:

Silly thread though. Let's just deal with Carlton for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?? You're taking a leaf out of the Carlton Flog's Multi-Purpose Grossly Overrating Handbook?
There are 3 sides this year. The Saints, the Cats, the Pies.
I'm willing to be proven wrong if Hawthorn can do something really special.
Other than that...
Sydney - Horrible at the 'G.
Carlton - Horrible.

Best of the eliminations finals this weekend, Swans vs Blues.

I can see the Swans getting to the prelims, probably not beating the Saints though. They're hardened and hungry on the back of last years loss.

Swans have exceeded all expectation for this year, kudos to them :thumbsu:

I am desperately wanting a win tonight, only to avoid the juggernaut that is the Sydney Swans.

Really?? You're taking a leaf out of the Carlton Flog's Multi-Purpose Grossly Overrating Handbook?
There are 3 sides this year. The Saints, the Cats, the Pies.
I'm willing to be proven wrong if Hawthorn can do something really special.
Other than that...
Sydney - Horrible at the 'G.
Carlton - Horrible.
Richmond finished.

Hawthorn could lose.
They could but then we would see a top 4 from home and away season playing off in the preliminary finals. Collingwood, Dogs and Saints will play prelims and if Hawks lose today so will Geelong.

They could but then we would see a top 4 from home and away season playing off in the preliminary finals. Collingwood, Dogs and Saints will play prelims and if Hawks lose today so will Geelong.

Doggies are vulnerable ,Fremantle on there day can cause some damage but Eagles fans wont accept this.

Yep....keep it coming....more people underestimateing stkilda.

Just like last night when the cats had the 'soft' game....I thought we were supposed to be beaten by 10 goals by the cats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans on the right side of Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back