News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

not really Swans in the media..
but Greene just got a three match suspension.. means he won't play in the grand final (not that gas will make it)
great news - the guys a grub / thug / dickhead

And also means we don't have to hear about him for the rest of the year!

Much as I hate agreeing with King we can't create problems in our salary cap paying too much for Parker. We did that with guys like Reid and Heeney and it just creates problems.
Parker NEVER misses games.
Parker NEVER plays 2 bad games in a row.
Parker NEVER gets intimidated by any one.
Parker NEVER misses shots at goal.
Parker ALWAYS gives his best.
Parker ALWAYS has taken unders when signing contracts.

If any one of our players is entitled to get what he wants after terrific service to his club, then Parker is the one.
If we lose Parker over a few $$$$$, we piss a large chunk of our culture away & in turn, it sends a message out to any young player at our club that we'd rather you leave to get your money than stay & educate the younger guys coming up beneath you abvout our club culture.

Now If Parker needed to genuinely get home to Vic for rerason's other than money, then our club has ALWAYS accommodated players in such circumstances, much to many fans' disgust.

Most importantly of all, Parker is our Captain & will be our Captain for another 3 years if he chooses.
You don't lose your captain over a few dollars.
That's how I feel about it. No value for membership money for two years but at least I get off field value from the club that make good cultural decisions for the club & supporters going forward.

We will NEVER win another premiership if we give up such a player who can be the difference with his ticker.

ROK would have made a difference to the scoreboard in the 2014 debacle of a GF against the Hawks if he was out there because of his ticker alone.
By keeping him he won us the 2012 premiership.

Parker NEVER misses games.
Parker NEVER plays 2 bad games in a row.
Parker NEVER gets intimidated by any one.
Parker NEVER misses shots at goal.
Parker ALWAYS gives his best.
Parker ALWAYS has taken unders when signing contracts.

If any one of our players is entitled to get what he wants after terrific service to his club, then Parker is the one.
If we lose Parker over a few $$$$$, we piss a large chunk of our culture away & in turn, it sends a message out to any young player at our club that we'd rather you leave to get your money than stay & educate the younger guys coming up beneath you abvout our club culture.

Now If Parker needed to genuinely get home to Vic for rerason's other than money, then our club has ALWAYS accommodated players in such circumstances, much to many fans' disgust.

Most importantly of all, Parker is our Captain & will be our Captain for another 3 years if he chooses.
You don't lose your captain over a few dollars.
That's how I feel about it. No value for membership money for two years but at least I get off field value from the club that make good cultural decisions for the club & supporters going forward.

We will NEVER win another premiership if we give up such a player who can be the difference with his ticker.

ROK would have made a difference to the scoreboard in the 2014 debacle of a GF against the Hawks if he was out there because of his ticker alone.
By keeping him he won us the 2012 premiership.

Or maybe the club has just learned it's lesson about having veterans signed to multiple year, big-$ contracts into their 30s?

Reg played only 43 games after turning 30, Malceski 34, Jack 27 and Nick Smith didn't play any after turning 30. Rampe is only 31 but looking vulnerable now, while Reid is not even 30 yet and will be lucky to even be offered another contract. Sure, there are the exceptions, like Buddy and JPK who are playing great footy well into their 30s. But for the array of young talent we will want to keep and presumably pay big money to keep, it's a massive, massive risk to assume that Parker will still be durable and still be playing quality footy into his 30s, enough to justify what we'd be paying him and the loss of a talented youngster or two, like Dawson that his contract cost us.

Callum runner-up Carey Bunton

FB: Harry Cunningham - Dougal Howard - Harry Perryman
HB: Taylor Duryea - Dane Rampe - Isaac Cumming
C: Isaac Smith - Callum Mills - Errol Gulden
HF: Luke Breust (Vice-Capt) - Harry Himmelberg - Sam Wicks
FF: Lachie Schultz - Tom Hawkins (Captain) - Todd Marshall
R: Matthew Flynn Jacob Hopper Isaac Heeney
I: Daniel Lloyd, Charlie Spargo, Jack Buckley, Jacob Koschitzke

Sydney’s John Longmire (Corowa Rutherglen) was named as the coach with Jarrad McVeigh (Pennant Hills) and Ben Mathews (Corowa Rutherglen named as assistant coaches alongside Mark McVeigh, Adam Schneider and Greg Stafford.

01SEP21: Swans 2021 Report Card/AFL Website
Thought the same, personally I'd give us an 8.5.

Thought it was under the odds. I thought a minimum of 7.5 for making Finals.
8.0 winning a EF
8.5 winning a SF
9.0 winning a PF
10.0 winning a GF and 10.5 if it was against a Vic Club

Good article but - not that it really matters - how does all of that in light of the expectations of our season = 7/10!!
yep, the 'score' doesn't matter at all. will be interesting to see how the vic media score the bombers season.
In my mind, the Swans had a brilliant season (much better than the bombers) and should be playing this weekend.

The development of the U22's was fantastic 10/10.. The development of the game plan was fantastic 10/10.. The positive management of the covid hurdles was fantastic 10/10.. and how all this development was implemented on game day was 10/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's disappointing.

SEN 's Edmund reporting that we are not trying to keep Hewett , would hate this.
I swear, it sounds like we're not trying to keep anyone. We're pushing Hewett out, pushing Parker out, and selling Dawson short.

This all sounds very odd.

IMO there's more to this.

I swear, it sounds like we're not trying to keep anyone. We're pushing Hewett out, pushing Parker out, and selling Dawson short.

You can see it throughout the league but fortunately for most others they're not best 22 players.

Crows getting rid of Talia and Crouch to rejuvenate their list
Saints not offering Billings and Dunston contracts despite them playing most of the season
Carlton pushing out a few of their players too - but they're not best 22

If there's any truth to the scuttlebutt, it's likely that we're comfortable keeping 2 of the 3 and there will be a priority that George might be at the bottom of.

If George goes you would have to imagine that means we go hard to retain Luke and Jordan but we can't do that until there's clarity around whether there is a suitable offer out there for George.

Once the first domino falls, the others should follow quickly. I refuse to believe there is a scenario where we let more than one of them go.

this is just crazy, surely we're bringing in a big name player and we need to shed a player to make it happen? I just can't get a grasp that we're looking at a cap squeeze.

KPD perhaps? Given Carlton are interested in Hewett, maybe our first rounder and Hewett for Jacob Weitering perhaps?

this is just crazy, surely we're bringing in a big name player and we need to shed a player to make it happen? I just can't get a grasp that we're looking at a cap squeeze.

KPD perhaps? Given Carlton are interested in Hewett, maybe our first rounder and Hewett for Jacob Weitering perhaps?

Hewitt is a free agent, Carlton don't have to trade for him.

Also no way would Carlton take that for Weitering, he would be worth pick 1 and change.

Correct, restricted free agent.

But we won't be able to match Carlton's contract.
I mean I don't know how they can outbid us if they're lining up Cerra on big bucks. It'd only be if we have next to nothing left after Parker and Dawson which would be horrific. It's not like Hewett actually wants to leave.

Hes an absolute ripper!!
(just as a side note, J Mac finished higher than him in the afl rising star!! happy days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back