News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Does anyone know if McAndrew would have still been academy in the main draft?

Maybe he's too old to be matched? It might explain why we took him now instead of waiting til year end. Also means they're probably expecting a break out game soon

03JUN21: Best & Fairest lazybits/SEN
03JUN21: Lachlan McAndrew interview/The Age
Number of return fixtures currently in the top 8
Swans return matches are GWS, Fremantle, Essendon, StKilda (all 1 game out of the top 8), GCS (who we lost to)
Though we have yet to play Footscray, Port Adelaide and WCE currently in top 8

Last edited:
Swans return matches are GWS, Fremantle, Essendon, StKilda (all 1 game out of the top 8), GCS (who we lost to)

If the Eagles injury list stays true when we play we should beat them

Last edited by a moderator:

In good form we shouldn't have to worry too much about those return fixtures (given Freo is at home), aside from GWS. I'd mark Dogs and Port down as losses of the yet-to-plays, but who knows (I'm hoping I'll actually get to the Port game). GWS are the one side out of the 8 that I think might be able to force their way in (3 winnable games then it tightens up for them). Can't see the Dons or Freo lasting. Hopefully the Saints are thoroughly demoralised after this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm old and grumpy, but for heaven's sake the tweet from the Swans linking the article about Lachlan McAndrew states he only started playing AFL in 2019. They should know better. He has not played AFL yet - he has played VFL as well as for the academy.
And don't get me started on man-buns...
What's wrong with man buns? The beat the mullett every single day of the week!

Incorrect , the Mullett everyday and the only good Buns are at Easter
Mate, in my time I have seen some outstanding buns... some on the head and some not, but I can't every recall saying, Wow! Take a look at that mullet in a positive way! ;) :cool:

Softish draw means we might trip into finals, tougher draw next year back to bottom 6

Mate, in my time I have seen some outstanding buns... some on the head and some not, but I can't every recall saying, Wow! Take a look at that mullet in a positive way! ;) :cool:
Au contraire, as someone who enjoys fishing, a decent sized mullet is a feast for several senses.

On topic (?) - I'm a clipper cut, no.2 myself - so man buns and mullets are both bewildering to me.

04JUN21: Buddy Franklin/The Age
Not sure if its because he's doing a little bit less running around and therefore has more poise when he kicks or what, but he's definitely more accurate. Think rustycrate should get a by line for this article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back