Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Good! Sometimes you just have to know where the line is, and not cross it. Jacob is good, but maybe just a little too OTT.

I thought it was pretty clear they were making a joke over the media shitstorm rather than any direct comment on Wicks' behaviour.

Heh. Swans a bit pissed off at the Giants it seems. As a resuilt there will be no joint press conference for the upcoming Sir Doug Nicholls round.

It turns out the GWS Giants social media team, who are universally regarded as the best, and most cheeky, in the business, may have pushed the envelope a bit too hard in the lead-up to the recent Battle Of The Bridge.

A video highlighting Swans coach John Longmire not pronouncing the name of Giants midfielder Stephen Coniglio properly didn’t go down well at the SCG while there were also some veiled references to the Sam Wicks affair in other posts.

Paywalled article:
I'm still scratching my head is to how and why we allowed them free reign inside our own stadium to film a video taking the piss out of us. Really baffles me.

I'm still scratching my head is to how and why we allowed them free reign inside our own stadium to film a video taking the piss out of us. Really baffles me.
Safe to say it probs won't happen again lol

Heh. Swans a bit pissed off at the Giants it seems. As a resuilt there will be no joint press conference for the upcoming Sir Doug Nicholls round.

Paywalled article:
hmm, herald sun explicitly responding to enraged fans with an article designed to generated further rage/angst. Whodathunkit.
Likelihood of anything in that article being accurately represented. Zero.

It says Swans Free Agent to stay on the AFL’s websites Gettables. Does anyone know if this means it’s Will Hayward? I didn’t watch all of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about Lewis Melican hitting a contract clause 🤦

Not against it , just thinking out loud.

What if say on examination it turned out they were nudged into a contest, player who got hit was at fault. if its discretion of the officials they probably f it up at times.

Flip side I guess red cards work in other sports, just the AFL like to make these rules and implement poorly.
They don't have to get them all right, just more right than wrong. But hey, controversy!

They don't have to get them all right, just more right than wrong. But hey, controversy!

They can't even get the advantage rule right , why would they manage a red card 🤣

You know what shits me?

I watch Fox every night - I listen to SEN most mornings - I see sweet FA related to the Swans.

Can you imagine if the Filth were TOTL? The Daicos sunami would be endless, Pendlebury would be approaching deity status - the corporate fallatio would be at National Health Advisory levels.

Yet what do we get? Social media war btwn the Swans and Giants receptionists - maybe they’ll sell tickets. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Oh man. He actually said that??? When? What show? Do you have the footage?
Pretty sure it was on the offsiders after the GF. The umpiring was brought up and then I think it may have been Waleed and Whately mentioning the 50-50 call in the fourth quarter and how the bulldogs were hard done by.

It honestly felt like they knew Sydney were fuming about the umpiring and then tried to “both sides” it. It pissed me off something serious!!

I’ve come to a point where I give zero f**ks about the useless dumbar$e Victorian media.

We know our team is travelling well, and the most telling indicator of form is the bookies… and they currently have us as clear favourites … enough said 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_8317.jpeg
    IMG_8317.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 18
1987 best Swans team ever kicked 30 goals 3 weeks in a row , too many injuries at the pointy end.
Tommy Hafey trained them so hard during that finals series, they were stuffed. When other clubs reduced the training load during finals, he increased it. It was a shame because we had the side that could very easily have won the flag that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back