Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see the Three Stooges tomorrow night. Roos will continue to highlight frees to us,and Healy, the Hawk hater,we know what to expect from him¡ don't we?,.,:rolleyes:

The commentating was $hithouse... Roos was absolutely loving the 1st qtr, Dwayne Russell was no different and then there is Mr. Impartial Dunstall who tries so hard to be impartial that he criticizes everything..

Absolutely loved it when we kicked those last couple of goals :thumbsu: Did Roos even speak after that?

But yes, I definetely expect Roos to highlight the free kicks tonight...I guarantee that he will :rolleyes:

Absolutely loved it when we kicked those last couple of goals :thumbsu: Did Roos even speak after that?

He said and I quote ;)

"Well what we have to do now is somehow kick more than 7 points in the final 35 seconds blah blah blah.......ah, f*** it".

Watched the replay on Sunday with my son, and given what I noticed live, took special notice of our 'slips'.

In the first quarter, a Hawthorn player slipped over 41 times (on camera). There were 12 Swans. It was farcial, and directly led to at least half-a-dozen turnovers.
In the second quarter, it was 13 to 7
In the third, 7 to 9
In the last, 4 to 11.

This isn't the first time we have had massive issues with players losing their feet in games, and in almost every occassion it has been at the start of games, and then rectified after the break.

Do we change shoes at quarter time? Why don't other teams have the same sort of issues? Is it a side-effect of training on perfect grounds?

Watched the replay on Sunday with my son, and given what I noticed live, took special notice of our 'slips'.

In the first quarter, a Hawthorn player slipped over 41 times (on camera). There were 12 Swans. It was farcial, and directly led to at least half-a-dozen turnovers.
In the third, 7 to 9
In the last, 4 to 11.

This isn't the first time we have had massive issues with players losing their feet in games, and in almost every occassion it has been at the start of games, and then rectified after the break.

Do we change shoes at quarter time? Why don't other teams have the same sort of issues? Is it a side-effect of training on perfect grounds?

TAITA brought up the same observation in the match day thread.

"Swan the Couch" will probably be a bit of a letdown for you all i'd say this evening. They'll go on and on about Ratten and his soon-to-be-sacking as they love sticking the knives in to the coaches and they'll talk about Freo and Nic Nat for as long as possible then they'll gloss over the best game of the year and praise each team equally.

Further to the slips, there were a massive number of fumbles or failures to scoop up balls that cost us dearly in the first and second quarters. We really struggled to adapt to the conditions

In the third, 7 to 9
In the last, 4 to 11.

Nice little stat.

The slipping was very noticeable at the ground, and on TV it seems. The starting time was 4:40pm. The air was getting cooler. (And yes, perhaps the sprinklers were on.) So it must have been slipery out there. But the Swans seemed to be steadier on their feet, on average. Which you could only put down to a better choice of footwear. A little detail, easily overlooked. Or local knowledge (of which there was precious little in the crowd.)

I was kicking the Sherrin on the ground after the game and the surface seemed very good. And slippery. By then it was dark, and the dew had formed. But the Hawks should have been paying attention earlier, if it was slippery at 4:40pm.

It also reminded me that the Hawks have been outplayed each time it has rained in big games. That is, their skill advantage has been nullified initially as they adjust.

Here's hoping for no rain until October. And equally, no more twilight games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the third, 7 to 9
In the last, 4 to 11.
Who was the unco bastard?

"Swan the Couch" will probably be a bit of a letdown for you all i'd say this evening. They'll go on and on about Ratten and his soon-to-be-sacking as they love sticking the knives in to the coaches and they'll talk about Freo and Nic Nat for as long as possible then they'll gloss over the best game of the year and praise each team equally.

They will also spend a hour talking about the bad umpiring desicions that cost the Swans the game and how lucky we were to win and if we meet the Swans in the finals they will beat us....

Was Lewis charged for the so called "sling" in that first quarter? It was no sling in my opinion, who started that crap? He hasn't been charged, our team wasn't penalised for any misconduct etc.
How is that Lewis hits the headlines AGAIN on the HS?? How about the other players that were penalised? Why don't they have their names on the headings.. Pi..es me off!!!!!!:mad: .

Would love to have it confirmed if the SCG staff really did have the sprinklers on 3 hours before the first bounce, as it would make sense of the seemingly slippery pill.
Interesting - in between abusing the umpires and roos I did make comment to my wife a number of times how slippery it seemed with a number of players sliding over which you don't see much nowadays.

And would suit the swans play to have it more congested.

Was Lewis charged for the so called "sling" in that first quarter? It was no sling in my opinion, who started that crap? He hasn't been charged, our team wasn't penalised for any misconduct etc.
How is that Lewis hits the headlines AGAIN on the HS?? How about the other players that were penalised? Why don't they have their names on the headings.. Pi..es me off!!!!!!:mad: .

No case to answer LMH.

TAITA brought up the same observation in the match day thread.

I went on the ground after the game and the surface was seriously wet. I noticed all the slipping over of mostly hawks players during the game so i wanted to find out. Very very suss as the weather had been warm and sunny....

I went on the ground after the game and the surface was seriously wet. I noticed all the slipping over of mostly hawks players during the game so i wanted to find out. Very very suss as the weather had been warm and sunny....

Interesting observation. There was obvious water coming off the ground too.

I'd been in Sydney all week and the weather had been beautiful.... mmm food for thought there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back