Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 493091 View attachment 493093 View attachment 493094 View attachment 493095

I think we majorly stuffed up with the winning goal. We had Heeney as the spare and he had absolutely no impact on the play due to his initial positioning

While most most teams like to position the spare between the key forward and where the ball is, in the first picture you can see Heeney starts behind Brown and Rampe.

When the ball is delivered into our defensive fifty, instead of coming forward and making it a three on two he retreats and keeps retreating all the way back to the goal line. So much so he had the perfect view as the Wood kick sailed over his head. If he had attacked the contest he may well have put Wood off.

Now this isn’t a one off, when the Swans employ the spare, usually Reid but sometimes Heeney or Rohan they always play deeper than the opposition’s deepest forward. This is an unorthodox choice that I don’t recall being used by other team.

Even Rocket Eade agrees with me

Being a Swan forward it is somewhat surprising Heeney is not well versed in the art of standing in the backline.
This is clearly Horse's fault and he needs to have him back there more. Of course having him back there is also Horse's fault.

Being a Swan forward it is somewhat surprising Heeney is not well versed in the art of standing in the backline.
This is clearly Horse's fault and he needs to have him back there more. Of course having him back there is also Horse's fault.
Priceless!

Tell you what, after a Swans loss, one thing is manifestly clear. Our supporters do the best sarcasm in the league!

I wonder where Cornes draws the line? What is a " little touch" ? Is it two, or , three fingertips? Maybe it is more? Perhaps it has to bounce off the palm of the hands?
Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Perhaps testing your theory on Mrs Cornes might find a definitive answer there.

View attachment 493696

The right hand not the left hand of Hartung does any pushing. Open your eyes and release the bias against a player.

It would be a soft free as momentum had a lot to do with it but it was in the back.

The footage is even clearer your just making things up now

Gotta love the image of the umpire in perfect position to make the call. Then doesn't. Club should send that into the AFL with a a "please explain".

Well you might be right, but I wasn't there and only watched on TV which is not nearly good enough coverage imo

Who knows to be honest

I did like fox as a forward against the cats

I’d like to see harry breaking the lines

We are blaming the umps for our losses I see now

Nothing to do with pour play across 4q

Almost unwatchable garbage we are playing

When possibly the most passionate rabid lunatic Swans Supporter I know tells me he turned it off and went to Bed, trust me you are right it is Unwatchable Garbage. I called it trash tbh but each to their own.

Sorry Pal but Google couldn't translate it from the original Ukrainian. It came out gibberish.

You on the coaching staff?

Just a clue...Clarkson has outcoached us for 5 years. Collingwood and a bunch of others know the plan and Scott was on to it as well on Saturday night. Remember Collingwood thrashing us early last year with the Clarkson plan. Even Carlton gave us a hiding.

Hardwick was outcoached for a long time. He has obviously looked at videos over and over and now has a plan that others have to follow to be competitive.

Supreme fitness, non stop tackling, numbers at the fall of the ball, but, those numbers have to be at the next contest and the next and the next.

Win or a least equal the contest and then go to work when you have it. Not just the bloke with the ball, but check the quick and deadly return of fire when Richmond start their offence. Numbers to the left and to the right of the runner with the pill.

How many times have you seen Richmond have multiple players as an alternative hand pass inside the 50 metre arc this year. They run and commence their attack at half back and run defenders off their feet by having numbers of alternative supports who often have no cover from the 50 metre arc. Goals are more often than not scored by Richmond players with no one within yards of them as they run into open goals.

Sorry Bungee....we have a game plan unchanged for years.....Hardwick gets smashed repeatedly and turns it all around over one summer.

Saturday night st the SCG should have been a lesson for the Sydney forward line prior to Buddy returning.
Where was the method on how to open a forward line. Hardwick has worked it out. We now hopefully will have Buddy back next week for what? The up and under to Buddy with three defenders hanging off him and five other forwards going to waste! Clever coaching.

Where was the method on how to open a forward line. Hardwick has worked it out. We now hopefully will have Buddy back next week for what? The up and under to Buddy with three defenders hanging off him and five other forwards going to waste! Clever coaching.
The method?
Dusty.
He goes near a contest & his team mates all spread knowing full well he will win & get clear of 95% of them.
This draws opposition numbers to him & creates lose team mates that just run forward of the play & it makes them look faster than they actually are.
The Tigers are in a purple patch of form & it's all because of Dusty & the way he plays.

Hardwick has a plan A, plan B, & plan C, D & E.

It's called Dusty.

Just a clue...Clarkson has outcoached us for 5 years. Collingwood and a bunch of others know the plan and Scott was on to it as well on Saturday night. Remember Collingwood thrashing us early last year with the Clarkson plan. Even Carlton gave us a hiding.

Hardwick was outcoached for a long time. He has obviously looked at videos over and over and now has a plan that others have to follow to be competitive.

Supreme fitness, non stop tackling, numbers at the fall of the ball, but, those numbers have to be at the next contest and the next and the next.

Win or a least equal the contest and then go to work when you have it. Not just the bloke with the ball, but check the quick and deadly return of fire when Richmond start their offence. Numbers to the left and to the right of the runner with the pill.

How many times have you seen Richmond have multiple players as an alternative hand pass inside the 50 metre arc this year. They run and commence their attack at half back and run defenders off their feet by having numbers of alternative supports who often have no cover from the 50 metre arc. Goals are more often than not scored by Richmond players with no one within yards of them as they run into open goals.

Sorry Bungee....we have a game plan unchanged for years.....Hardwick gets smashed repeatedly and turns it all around over one summer.

Saturday night st the SCG should have been a lesson for the Sydney forward line prior to Buddy returning.

Richmond don't have a plan other than pressure & Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup. Still no idea what you're talking about. Collingwood thrashed us last year ? What, thrashed by one point ? Clarkson was thrashed by North. So much for that plan. Didn't we beat Richmond last year when Hardwick was a genius ? You're living in a parallel universe. Hi from Earth 1.

The method?
Dusty.
He goes near a contest & his team mates all spread knowing full well he will win & get clear of 95% of them.
This draws opposition numbers to him & creates lose team mates that just run forward of the play & it makes them look faster than they actually are.
The Tigers are in a purple patch of form & it's all because of Dusty & the way he plays.

Hardwick has a plan A, plan B, & plan C, D & E.

It's called Dusty.
Yep. And we still beat them.

Who knows to be honest

I did like fox as a forward against the cats

I’d like to see harry breaking the lines
I haven't disliked the way either of them have played the last few games, I just think that if they bring in another tall, it will be in the forward line. So then, it will be most likely that we would lose a player from there. Against the Hawkes, I think it unlikely that they will drop experience, so that leaves Ronke and Fox. And I thought that Ronke had given a bit more than Fox, therefore Fox would be dropped...

However, now that I have seen the weather forecast (OMG!:eek:), I have no idea what they will do...

I haven't disliked the way either of them have played the last few games, I just think that if they bring in another tall, it will be in the forward line. So then, it will be most likely that we would lose a player from there. Against the Hawkes, I think it unlikely that they will drop experience, so that leaves Ronke and Fox. And I thought that Ronke had given a bit more than Fox, therefore Fox would be dropped...

However, now that I have seen the weather forecast (OMG!:eek:), I have no idea what they will do...

IMO would be a good counter move bringing in speed via the youngsters. Wind them up for a full assault on Hawks chip-chip game style. If it's wet, even better.

IMO would be a good counter move bringing in speed via the youngsters. Wind them up for a full assault on Hawks chip-chip game style. If it's wet, even better.
You may be right. I'm very disappointed about the wind and rain... I love watching the v Hawkes games. To me they are our biggest rivals.

Funny thing is Richmond and the Swans are very similar. Especially now we have one ruck.

Hardwick started off basically with the slingshot. His quality players have really lifted.

Big difference I can see (assuming both sides filly fit - ie Buddy, Reid Melican etc) is they more have pace to get through the lines. And their handpasses seem longer and more attacking.

Other than that they could practically be in red and white.

You may be right. I'm very disappointed about the wind and rain... I love watching the v Hawkes games. To me they are our biggest rivals.

I'm disappointed about the wind & rain because I will be there, but it might just help us unravel the magical mystery of stopping the great Clarkson and the genius game plan that is keepings off.

I'm disappointed about the wind & rain because I will be there, but it might just help us unravel the magical mystery of stopping the great Clarkson and the genius game plan that is keepings off.
Enjoy! Hope we get a win for you :)

Funny thing is Richmond and the Swans are very similar. Especially now we have one ruck.

Hardwick started off basically with the slingshot. His quality players have really lifted.

Big difference I can see (assuming both sides filly fit - ie Buddy, Reid Melican etc) is they more have pace to get through the lines. And their handpasses seem longer and more attacking.

Other than that they could practically be in red and white.
They have a rebounding half back line. We clearly don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back