Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be realistic here....if your aunty had whiskers she would be your uncle...in other words, the ball would have gone back to the goal square for a kick out and from then on everything that is played out from that scenario is totally different from what happened when the ball was bounced in the middle again.
If your grandfather McVeigh had any pace he would have beaten Hartung to the ball by ten meters because he had a twenty meter start on him. If it was the Stawell Gift the stewards would have disqualified McVeigh for running dead. Beaten off twenty metres.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-05-07/mcveigh-charged-with-misconduct
Veteran Swan Jarrad McVeigh has been offered a $1500 sanction with an early plea for misconduct against North Melbourne opponent Shaun Higgins.
The incident occurred during the third quarter of Saturday night's two point loss to North Melbourne at the SCG.
Misconduct is fixed financial sanction of $2500.
McVeigh can accept a $1500 sanction with an early plea.
Apparently he got a 25% discount for the aged pension

Pushed him in the back

If you are going to spend your time having a crack at his speed against a known fast player at least be accurate in your detail or else it just weakens your argument.

Like I said it would be a tough call to have called in the back but there is a firm hand in the middle of his back that pushes him. Check it out. I know it doesn't mean anything to you as you've made up your mind but ...you know what nevermind.
Have to disagree and I looked at again. Hartung draws level with him as McVeigh, who is stiffer than a double scotch, bends down to get the ball. McVeigh also can't these days pick up the ball at what passes for his full speed probably due to the aging hamstrings. Hartung did have a hand on his back but the push was clearly on the side. If the umps are going to pay frees against a player who places his hand on the back but pushes to the side we are going to have a lot of free kicks.

Nonsense Longmire isn’t any good with the young players? Do you have anything to support this or is it just the vibe.
Yes I do. Read the comments of Sam Murray. Longmire didnt even give Murray a start so the kid walks into the Collingwood backline and under one of the wost coaches in living memory get a Rising Star. Alarm bells ringing anyone?
And look at the example of Tommy Mitchell. The Stallion rated him the sixth best mid at the club. He actually criticised Florent for taking the game on and kicking a match winning goal. And then there was Biggs. And now there is a big kid from Perth who played a blinder when we needed a tall ruckman forward last match. Only problem was it was in reserves.

Last edited:
Nonsense Longmire isn’t any good with the young players? Do you have anything to support this or is it just the vibe.
Read my post above. And yes the vibe. The ebbing confidence of the young players. Longmire is an authoritarian coach. Some say he is "straight up". Whatever the f that means. A lot of players don't respond well to being treated like a kindergarten miscreant.

Have to disagree and I looked at again. Hartung draws level with him as McVeigh, who is stiffer than a double scotch, bends down to get the ball. McVeigh also can't these days pick up the ball at what passes for his full speed probably due to the aging hamstrings. Hartung did have a hand on his back but the push was clearly on the side. If the umps are going to pay frees against a player who places his hand on the back but pushes to the side we are going to have a lot of free kicks.

mcveigh.jpg

The right hand not the left hand of Hartung does any pushing. Open your eyes and release the bias against a player.

It would be a soft free as momentum had a lot to do with it but it was in the back.

The footage is even clearer your just making things up now

I will. How about having a half back line that can rebound. One that doesn't move the ball laterally through McVeigh. A defence that can rebound quickly and plays a zone defence. A forward line with at least two tall targets. This is so fundamental I guess your reply was ironic. The continued defence of Longmire is becoming absurd quite frankly. It was quite obvious that North would apply pressure to our midfield much more effectively than the softest midfield in the comp in Geelong. It was also quite obvious that if our ball transition was pressured we would kick long and high. It was also quite obvious that the tall North defence would pick us off. So obvious that only an arrogant stubborn coach would stick to a team selection and game plan that was so one dimensional that he was yes - outcoached again. Longmire had Cameron starring in the reserves and he persisted in playing a wingman in the ruck. The Aiir situation is verging on a scandal. Mate I can get the company line from the club web site. Its as boring as the game plan.

If you had the choice what would your selections be this week?

would have been a very soft free

Yes it would it's just a demonstration of facts when someone is bagging out a player who has been surprisingly pretty good this year. A guy that got outrun by a faster player and then trying to gauge whether or not to try and take possession of a ball that moved away from the line they were chasing. Hartung ended up with the advantage and not many other players would have faired well in the same circumstance.

I challenge most players that end up past the ball being able to stop momentum and a player behind you from preventing being moved off the ball. And a hand in the back to keep your momentum going forward.

What he did do is recover well to touch the ball which was a great effort in itself.

Sounds like I chose perfect weekend for camping with no reception. In no rush to watch the replay reading some ‘reviews’ on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did Scott Thompson not even get a fine for his swinging arm against Sinclair that busted his nose and took Sinclair off at the death. Marking contest then he grabs it second action whack.

Or Have I missed it in the reviews ?

Edit: Just had another look and it's because of a second grab that the swinging arm comes but a nice convenient swing at the nose nowhere near the football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've finally calmed down enough to post. WE just started that game looking utterly flat, and i thought to myself within two minutes that we were gonna lose that game. Jack was terrible, missed almost every target he tried, he was under 50% DE and most of his possesions were not contested. Heeney is the worst set shot in the team. Parker is a bloody good footballer but 17 possesions wasn't enough from him. His goals were important. Jones continues to be one of our best. I'm genuinely surprised that Cameron still isn't playing. Get him in even if just for structure up forward.

Flat Note had a good one and looks solid. Papley look like he isn't a midfielder and isn't a forward. Let him just do one thing. Florent having strong last quarters is a pretty good sign, but he needs to be a bigger contributor throughout the whole match.

I won't mention the umpires.

Certainly does but if he bumps one more time when he should ******* tackle I'll spew up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 493696

The right hand not the left hand of Hartung does any pushing. Open your eyes and release the bias against a player.

It would be a soft free as momentum had a lot to do with it but it was in the back.

Its all good to micro analyse all plays days after. Umps have seconds to call it live.

The unpaid 50 to McMillan when Heeney kicked it away alone would cancel this out.

Would McMillan have kicked the goal 20 out? Would we have won by 6 goals if the Hartung goal was reversed?

In all fairness I think your own players lost the game for you in the 4th.

Its all good to micro analyse all plays days after. Umps have seconds to call it live.

The unpaid 50 to McMillan when Heeney kicked it away alone would cancel this out.

Would McMillan have kicked the goal 20 out? Would we have won by 6 goals if the Hartung goal was reversed?

Go away Brown was gifted 2 goals GBTYOFB

Should have been 50 but the umpires have been very lenient on it this year. Saw one game where not only did the player kick the ball away well after a free kick but the player who got the ball from that kick away also kicked the ball further away.

I'm not posting it to complain about the umpiring call I'm demonstrating something to another poster who was describing it as a push in the side. It is in the back and once agin you ignore that I say it would be a soft call if paid. In all fairness get lost.

Assuming Hannebery and Franklin are not ready I'm trying to bring in the 2 tall forwards. So its Cameron and McCartin. Then Allir must come in. Also Stoddard off HB. Possibly Newman as well. Ronke, Fox and Florent must play as they need the experience.

McVeigh and Jack are the obvious outs. Cunningham probably next. So that's 3 players dropped to bring in the talls. Smith maybe? Not sure who else.

View attachment 493696

The push is to the side with one hand on the back. McVeigh has no forward momentum from the push. Its to the side. Anyway how come in one of the most scrutinised passages of play on the weekend you are the only person I have seen raise the issue that it was a push in the back free kick. I might be old and feeble but I have a lot of mates apparently. I am not biased against McVeigh. His lack of leg speed is a joke now. He gets a game on the old mates rates favouritism of Longmire. Newman who should be playing in the firsts would have beaten Hartung to the ball with that start. It would not have been goal fingernail or no fingernail. Its pretty pathetic actually for a club to be whining about a video replay decision and ignoring the elephant in the room with McVeigh. He is past it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back