Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain gifted ??
Youre playing 3 players that will retire come the end of the season.
Really easy. We played a small forward line, left a good young ruckman forward in the reserves and then played a lateral movement slow transition game along the flanks which allowed your mob of mediocrities to pressure the delivery of the ball. We had three players in the seconds who should have been on the field against your also rans who would have added height and mobility in the forward line, defence and on the ball. Longmire is the Manchurian candidate. FFS take him back. He has been out coached by both of the terrible twins. I reckon all that is a gift.

Then I suggest you get youre eyes checked....we earned that win fair and square. Both teams had their chances but in the end we came out on top. There was no gifts given out.
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Longmire was worth four gaols to your mob. More than when he played for you.

He was actually pushed in the back off the ball to be fair but would have been a big call to have made it.
Hartung made up 20 metres on McVeigh in a forty metre run. He drew level with him and then pushed him on the side. Have a look at the full passage of play. Admittedly Hartung is very fast but Scott played him on McVeigh to expose McVeigh's slowness. The goal came about through McVeigh's complete lack of pace and softness on the ball not the umpires. Its really a joke now.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Longmire was worth four gaols to your mob. More than when he played for you.
There's a first, you're calling for his head ??
Im sure they'd be at least 3 clubs calling his manager.
Like at our club inside the inner scrotum.....they are calls that have members and true fast supporters scratching their heads....

There's a first, you're calling for his head ??
Im sure they'd be at least 3 clubs calling his manager.
Like at our club inside the inner scrotum.....they are calls that have members and true fast supporters scratching their heads....
Not just his head. Take the lot of him. Name the clubs.

For sure.

The coaching group put a gameplan together that saw:

- win inside 50s 58 to 48
- win clearances 41-31 (won both centre and stoppage)
- win tackles inside 50 10-3

We got enough ball into our forward line to kick a winning score.

However the players did not execute! Look at the attached picture (if it works, excuse my drawing).

We had 7-8 misses inside the corridor, they had 3. Unforgivable.
View attachment 493025

This!

Execution is the key.

We have an industrywide hand wringing about the state of the game, yet put on the Lions vs Pies.

Same rule set. 14.2 vs 14.4 still in the 3qtr.

Thriller and high scoring under an identical rule set. Still tackling. Still pressing up between the arcs. But getting it forward to actual fwds quickly and kicking straight.

Seriously, take your chances in front of goal and all the whingeing about the aesthetics, the rules, the interpretations, the interchanges etc etc all just evaporates into so much hot air.

We kick straight last night, we'd be praising the kids for seeing us through another round closer to Buddy's return.

If McVeighs touched call is changed as it should. we win. That simple. Unfortunately nothing will be said
Umm what if a point was called and the kick in resulted in a goal... or maybe if macmillan was rewarded a 50 metre penalty and kicked a goal in the first quarter?.
What about the jacobs non goal..ffs something that happen in the first quarter adds nothing to the result

Umm what if a point was called and the kick in resulted in a goal... or maybe if macmillan was rewarded a 50 metre penalty and kicked a goal in the first quarter?.
What about the jacobs non goal..ffs something that happen in the first quarter adds nothing to the result
It would add 5 points, just saying.

Dont be too embarrased finally north has a near full t
Try again. Dont be too embarassed. North finally got a near full team on the ground after 2 years of injuries.
The last time we had a full list at the scg north beat sydney in the 2015 semi final

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-06-19-02-22.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-19-02-22.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 2
Try again. Dont be too embarassed. North finally got a near full team on the ground after 2 years of injuries.
The last time we had a full list at the scg north beat sydney in the 2015 semi final

ANZ?

And who was out for Sydney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be nice if the AFL could take a leaf out of another code and own up to their technology mistake with some accountability.

It's not hard to say there was a mistake with the review process and we apologise and will try to prevent it occurring again.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...e/news-story/c48df0410148edcfaa133630ba9c4986
Agreed, and let those involved to have an opinion without the threat of fines or sanctions. Horse handled it really well in his presser imo.

Hartung made up 20 metres on McVeigh in a forty metre run. He drew level with him and then pushed him on the side. Have a look at the full passage of play. Admittedly Hartung is very fast but Scott played him on McVeigh to expose McVeigh's slowness. The goal came about through McVeigh's complete lack of pace and softness on the ball not the umpires. Its really a joke now.

Pushed him in the back

If you are going to spend your time having a crack at his speed against a known fast player at least be accurate in your detail or else it just weakens your argument.

Like I said it would be a tough call to have called in the back but there is a firm hand in the middle of his back that pushes him. Check it out. I know it doesn't mean anything to you as you've made up your mind but ...you know what nevermind.

Last edited:
Agreed, and let those involved to have an opinion without the threat of fines or sanctions. Horse handled it really well in his presser imo.

You can add the post game presser to your list of things Horse does The King!

Maybe its a confidence issue. Its the young players. I don't believe Longmire is good with some of the young players. There are two kinds of coaches. Those that put things like confidence and trust in young payers. And those that take it away. Longmire is the latter.
Do you just make this stuff up ? How would you know what the relationship between Horse and his players is like ? Besides, sometimes young players need to be told a few home truths. Horse has a reputation for being straight up (this from a senior player's mouth). Players know where they stand. For anyone driven to succeed honest feedback is the way to get there, not blowing a gentle wind up their arse to inflate their ego.

Maybe its a confidence issue. Its the young players. I don't believe Longmire is good with some of the young players. There are two kinds of coaches. Those that put things like confidence and trust in young payers. And those that take it away. Longmire is the latter.
Nonsense Longmire isn’t any good with the young players? Do you have anything to support this or is it just the vibe.

"I'm OK with a little touch" says Kane Cornes on AFL's The Round So Far, dismissing McVeigh's touch that should have been picked up on review, despite it ultimately cost the Swans the game. He goes on to say the AFL should only use the reviews to pick up the important stuff, like whether a ball hit's the post in a GF, eg, not for some piddling little Swans game.

So is that where the AFL stands now. Swans are robbed of a win that may cost us any chance of making the GF but that's OK ? I realise Horse would be lynched by the AFL if he dares question them publicly but I sincerely hope that behind the scenes all hell is breaking loose.
I wonder where Cornes draws the line? What is a " little touch" ? Is it two, or , three fingertips? Maybe it is more? Perhaps it has to bounce off the palm of the hands? Of course we know how many goals have been denied the swans because of a " little touch". I wonder whether it applies to his team? Or is it just the Swans where he doesn't mind a "little touch"?

Spoken like a true cheat!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Do you just make this stuff up ? How would you know what the relationship between Horse and his players is like ? Besides, sometimes young players need to be told a few home truths. Horse has a reputation for being straight up (this from a senior player's mouth). Players know where they stand. For anyone driven to succeed honest feedback is the way to get there, not blowing a gentle wind up their arse to inflate their ego.

What's to say you didn't make that up ? Maybe he should ******* put a hurricane up their arse then because they are ******* trash at the moment and regardless of what you or anyone else thinks the buck stops with him. Too many excuses made since GF Day 2014 and the day Colless took his pension ******* mediocrity put its foot in the ******* door.

With all due respect, this team is not strong anymore it's not the same team by the slightest. The older players are dropping off the cliff and some of the youngsters are still incompetent. Our resilience and coach may get us to finals this year but you'll be in for a rude shock come next season. It's the cycle of an football club and the way we transition will determine how quick we bounce back. All I can say is Hardwick had pitchforks at his door, he survived and look at them now. Is he still a shite coach or did Richmond supporters over react? did carlton fans realise ratten wasn't that bad after all once they got in coach malthouse? Did hawthorn breathe a sigh of relief when they were close to sacking Clarkson at the beginning of his tenure?

Obviously you had no idea about how Hardwick coached prior to 2017?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I've finally calmed down enough to post. WE just started that game looking utterly flat, and i thought to myself within two minutes that we were gonna lose that game. Jack was terrible, missed almost every target he tried, he was under 50% DE and most of his possesions were not contested. Heeney is the worst set shot in the team. Parker is a bloody good footballer but 17 possesions wasn't enough from him. His goals were important. Jones continues to be one of our best. I'm genuinely surprised that Cameron still isn't playing. Get him in even if just for structure up forward.

Flat Note had a good one and looks solid. Papley look like he isn't a midfielder and isn't a forward. Let him just do one thing. Florent having strong last quarters is a pretty good sign, but he needs to be a bigger contributor throughout the whole match.

I won't mention the umpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Roos Rd 7 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back