Resource Sweet Shoop School

Remove this Banner Ad

Shark Tank Im In GIF by Shark Tank, Network Ten

Count me in, Bobby! I have very rudimentary skills and I utterly despise Adobe, so I will try to translate your golden knowledge to the GIMP

This is what I use Brakey. :thumbsu:

GIMP club unite!

Wait...

But seriously that's what I use too.

GIMP club unite!

Wait...

But seriously that's what I use too.
Are you wishing to enrol, or is the gimp sleeping?

OK, put me in. I had virtually no computer knowledge at all when I joined BigFooty, this can only help continue my edumacation

Having heard this thread mentioned last night in the McInnes prize night, I've come to have a look around.
Seriously hungover after all the bubbles......such delish champers I couldn't resist.
I'm in I think though I'm a Luddite when it comes to using computers to generate Artwork.

What I want to know is how come it's taken to the end of the season for this Rookie to even know about 'Shoop School'?
Why aren't all the incoming Rookies informed at the outset of recruitment where the lolly shop is?

Having heard this thread mentioned last night in the McInnes prize night, I've come to have a look around.
Seriously hungover after all the bubbles......such delish champers I couldn't resist.
I'm in I think though I'm a Luddite when it comes to using computers to generate Artwork.

What I want to know is how come it's taken to the end of the season for this Rookie to even know about 'Shoop School'?
Why aren't all the incoming Rookies informed at the outset of recruitment where the lolly shop is?
I don't know!

Hell, I signed up for all this and completely spaced out the entire season.

I have my BF account set to alert me whenever a new thread is posted to the SFA board, that's probably how I first learned of Shoop Shoop School

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your captain is incompetent
Hardly, just preoccupied with other duties, I think is more like the answer El Capitano.
I came in cold from WW and I had some posting fangs already but given the statistics thread which I read yesterday with the noted drop off of posters and posting in the league overall, I think it's a good idea for all Capitan's to point out the resource here.

IRL am an ex-RMIT lecturer and what I see as an educator is, if the Sweet FA want to get better stats and players, then giving them the confidence via hard skills and this place where they can 'learn' stuff, will encourage them to empower themselves.
Instead of feeling that if they can't do say, what Mr Turbo does with AI programs, then they won't do anything.

We only set it up this season, but it’s meant to be a perpetual resource so all rookies from now on will be aware. In saying that I’ll look to add this to the list of SFA resources

We only set it up this season, but it’s meant to be a perpetual resource so all rookies from now on will be aware. In saying that I’ll look to add this to the list of SFA resources
This season at the Baghdad Bombers we launched our inaugural Qooty academy known as The Accelerator.

Bovo ‘s outstanding season was one of the great success stories to come out of it.

He collaborated with Grav in announcing the launch 🚀 of his new game BovBall which will begin in S38.

The academy will be open again in July for new recruits or old ones wanting to skill up, as we look forward to more exciting projects and ventures in the seasons to come.

IMG_3191.jpeg

This season at the Baghdad Bombers we launched our inaugural Qooty academy known as The Accelerator.

Bovo ‘s outstanding season was one of the great success stories to come out of it.

He collaborated with Grav in announcing the launch 🚀 of his new game BovBall which will begin in S38.

The academy will be open again in July for new recruits or old ones wanting to skill up, as we look forward to more exciting projects and ventures in the seasons to come.

View attachment 2007326
Lift-Off Television GIF

'Accelerated' Bomber graduates, something to look forward to.
Is that the Challenger in your pic?
Was that a subconcious choice...things that go BOOM!
Hmm... 'BovBall' what just the one?
FYI Mr Squiggle did have his own Rocket and a Blackboard and Miss Pat, who always held his hand.
I know so very last century!

Well it's a great idea TB, so that is great news.

Hardly, just preoccupied with other duties, I think is more like the answer El Capitano.
I came in cold from WW and I had some posting fangs already but given the statistics thread which I read yesterday with the noted drop off of posters and posting in the league overall, I think it's a good idea for all Capitan's to point out the resource here.

IRL am an ex-RMIT lecturer and what I see as an educator is, if the Sweet FA want to get better stats and players, then giving them the confidence via hard skills and this place where they can 'learn' stuff, will encourage them to empower themselves.
Instead of feeling that if they can't do say, what Mr Turbo does with AI programs, then they won't do anything.
Pamcake1 Your being very nice there :greenheart: and I agree AUR is a great Captain but if you wanted a 'proper' rookie program you should have joined the OOB's.

Although it is a bit unfair to the other SFA teams. Spotswood does seem to have all the money and resources to set up such great facilities!

Pamcake1 Your being very nice there :greenheart: and I agree AUR is a great Captain but if you wanted a 'proper' rookie program you should have joined the OOB's.

Although it is a bit unfair to the other SFA teams. Spotswood does seem to have all the money and resources to set up such great facilities!
The new Wonders Rookie Academy is state of the art and has already produced some of Sweet's best talent in its short time alive. The Wonders Rookie Academy will take a further step up as further funding is provided into the academy for season 38. Unlike the OOB's program, the Wonders focus their work into producing solid talents for the league not just for the sake of the Wonders Fantasty Football Club.

Put some respect next time.

Always nice Mrs Turbo and nice to see you. Thanks for the info but you are misunderstanding my comment, I wanted for nothing at the Wonders, see my post in Icky's stats thread.
The program AnUltimateRessie and the Wonders club ran may not have had all the golden bells and silver whistles that a wealthy club has but it had solid core values, sterling back up support and the ladies auxillary made the best chicken sandwiches and scones.
My post above wasn't a complaint about my Wonders Club or El Capitano, it was just pointing out that if the powers that be want to grow the SFA League this Sweet Shoop could be put to good use by being included in a 'Introductory Orientation Pack' for all incoming Rookies for all of the clubs.
I think Kilroy has a great idea in the introductory exhibition matches and maybe the SFA league needs to run an 'O' week (Orientation Week) like they do at Uni's....a tour of the Sweet environs, a tour of the SFA Hall of Fame, extra curicular BBQ's, introducing all Rookies to each other, exhibition matches, etc.

I think Kilroy has a great idea in the introductory exhibition matches
Unfortunately I can’t take credit for what has been a long-standing tradition until the last few seasons.

Fundraiser games were perhaps more relevant to bringing retired players back but were always meaningful and enjoyable.

State of origin and Tittybong games were great off-season distractions
…. and maybe the SFA league needs to run an 'O' week (Orientation Week) like they do at Uni's....a tour of the Sweet environs, a tour of the SFA Hall of Fame, extra curicular BBQ's, introducing all Rookies to each other, exhibition matches, etc.
I imagine plenty of teams would get behind those types of league-wide activities without much work needed at all.

Great initiative Pamcake1 👍

This 👇🏻

“tour of the Sweet environs“

“a tour of the SFA Hall of Fame”

Would be very handy! I still have no idea how to find my way around here unless I get tagged 🤨

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Sweet Shoop School

Remove this Banner Ad

Back