Sydney - Qatar Airlines Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets all look at the AFL's official "Airline Partner" Virgin Australia shall we.....

Ownership is Etihad Airways (21%), Nanshan Group (19.9%), Singapore Airlines (19.8%), HNA Group (13%), Virgin Group (8%) and Air New Zealand (2.5%).

Too funny

Give me a break. We get knocked for 6 by everyone yet we're the most compliant and scrutinised sector. Try telling your insurance company that you had a small scratch on your car prior to that massive prang, they'll void your policy and leave you for dead! We don't waive a credit card annual fee, the customer will sue the bank and there'll be a royal commission

You are a cartel of four who gouge record profits out of your customers because they have to have their money going through a bank account. You deserve more scrutiny and more penalties.

So congratulations to Sydney for their new sponsor, Qatar Airways.

One thing, if you play in the Pride Game, is Qatar the best nation to be associated with? It is a strange choice considering the basis for the game is respect for LGBTQ and you have just signed a 3 years deal with an airline representing a country where it illegal. Anyone else see this as a bit of a contradiction?

Hold the phone...

You mean a progressive cause championed by a professional sports team as a PR stunt is at odds with said team's business deals?

SHOCKING!

You are a cartel of four who gouge record profits out of your customers because they have to have their money going through a bank account. You deserve more scrutiny and more penalties.
Wait, so is it a car dealers fault if there is a demand for cars? How is it a banks fault that people's money needs to be in a bank account? A bank is a business like all others who needs to be creating profits for its shareholders, whys it such an issue that if it's a bank?

They deserve more scrutiny and penalties? For what? If someone is stupid enough to buy an insurance policy without disclosing all the relevant information, their policy is voided and they aren't protected. If an idiot walks into a bank and gets a home loan and defaults, nowadays the bank is liable for giving that person a home loan. It's the only sector where the business is punished for people's stupidity. It's beyond rediculous the amount of complaints I hear day in day it with people unfairly pointing the finger at me as a rep of the bank purely because of their inability to comprehend something at the time of signing something. Would you sign half your financial life away on something without understanding it?

Wait, so is it a car dealers fault if there is a demand for cars? How is it a banks fault that people's money needs to be in a bank account? A bank is a business like all others who needs to be creating profits for its shareholders, whys it such an issue that if it's a bank?

They deserve more scrutiny and penalties? For what? If someone is stupid enough to buy an insurance policy without disclosing all the relevant information, their policy is voided and they aren't protected. If an idiot walks into a bank and gets a home loan and defaults, nowadays the bank is liable for giving that person a home loan. It's the only sector where the business is punished for people's stupidity. It's beyond rediculous the amount of complaints I hear day in day it with people unfairly pointing the finger at me as a rep of the bank purely because of their inability to comprehend something at the time of signing something. Would you sign half your financial life away on something without understanding it?

Because the government mandates that you can't fail - therefore you are not a real business with real competition. So we all get stung and it's a significant reason why things are so expensive in this country. Getting off track though sorry.

Also, 'gouge'? 'Gouge' what exactly? Most banks offer fee free accounts. You obviously pay interest on a home loan and such but I'd love to hear of a business that offers a service free of charge.

Because the government mandates that you can't fail - therefore you are not a real business with real competition. So we all get stung and it's a significant reason why things are so expensive in this country. Getting off track though sorry.
Tomorrow, if I wanted to start building cars and selling them, could I? Or would there be government restrictions on what I can and can't do? All industries have these. Don't try saying that it's only the financial sector.

Anyone who lives in this country is indirectly supporting the indefinite detention of children, the outsourcing of our refugee camps to third world countries and if you tried to report on that, or terrorism, you would find out we don't have a free press either. Astonishing hypocrisy.

And if our government decides you are a terrorist (for reasons it does not have to disclose) they can lock you up for a month without a hearing and if you talk about it you can be put in jail. We have indigenous Australians living in some of the worse conditions in the world. We have no place whatsoever to go lecturing other countries about "human rights".

SRP board and all that but still, couldn't help myself.

What a load of nonsense.

If I asked you a question about the Geelong football club - you don't reply by talking about the Wagga Wagga Tigers.

It is difficult for you to stay on task, but if you can stay on task without talking about another issue try answering these questions. If you want to talk about Australia's border protection you are welcome to do it on another thread. Not this one as you are purely writing your comments to try and get Qatar's government and its institutions off the hook.

Answer yes or no to these questions -

Does Qatar support a policy of it being illegal to decide to leave Islam? yes or no...

Does Qatar support a free press? yes or no...

Does Qatar's government believe women are worth every bit as much as a male? yes or no..

The KEY factor in the world today is WOMEN'S RIGHTS....and there are religions in this world that believe that women are not to be treated in the same way as males.

You can be flogged for "illicit sex". Which is really about it being another way to control women.
Christians can "affiliate" with other people as long as they are "discreet".
A Dutch woman in Qatar was arrested for reporting HER rape. Can you not see how sick this is?

If you fly Qatar Airlines you are supporting this level of sickness. Fact.

What a load of nonsense.

If I asked you a question about the Geelong football club - you don't reply by talking about the Wagga Wagga Tigers.

It is difficult for you to stay on task, but if you can stay on task without talking about another issue try answering these questions. If you want to talk about Australia's border protection you are welcome to do it on another thread. Not this one as you are purely writing your comments to try and get Qatar's government and its institutions off the hook.

Does Qatar support a policy of it being illegal to decide to leave Islam? yes or no...

Does Qatar's government believe women are worth every bit as much as a male? yes or no..

The KEY factor in the world today is WOMEN'S RIGHTS....and there are religions in this world that believe that women are not to be treated in the same way as males.

You can be flogged for "illicit sex". Which is really about it being another way to control women.
A Dutch woman in Qatar was arrested for reporting HER rape. Can you not see how sick this is?

I'm not trying to get Qatar "off the hook" I am pointing out that we don't have a leg to stand on preaching this stuff to other countries. And again, we do not have a free press so why don't you agitate for a free press in this country instead of one half a world away?

I'm not trying to get Qatar "off the hook" I am pointing out that we don't have a leg to stand on preaching this stuff to other countries. And again, we do not have a free press so why don't you agitate for a free press in this country instead of one half a world away?

There you go again. More obfuscation. The simple task for you was to reply to my three questions.

Does Qatar as a country support REAL freedom of religion, real women's rights and a free press? That is the requirement for me to reply to your post. If you can't reply to those three simple questions then there is no point me replying to you. If you want to talk about Australia's standards start a new thread and I will reply to it on that thread. It won't be your typical myopic Q&A type answers though. I look at more sources than just Q&A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go again. More obfuscation. The simple task for you was to reply to my three questions.

Does Qatar as a country support REAL freedom of religion, real women's rights and a free press? That is the requirement for me to reply to your post. If you can't reply to those three simple questions then there is no point me replying to you. If you want to talk about Australia's standards start a new thread and I will reply to it on that thread. It won't be your typical myopic Q&A type answers though. I look at more sources than just Q&A.

That's great, not interested in debating with you either so we are sorted. Requirements for reply ha.

This debate all comes back to one critical question.

Does a club who is being sponsored have ANY obligation moral or otherwise to JUDGE the business organisation that sponsors them?

IMO the answer is an empathic no. If any or all of you disagree and think it is hypocritical that is fine ........ Have that opinion just don't force that opinion on others who don't so subscribe to the same view . Ok?

We also are sponsored by Volkswagon so that must mean the Swans like really bad emissions entering the atmosphere. Or what about Fremantle as aren't they sponsored by a massive mining company?
West Coast are contributing to the obesity problem through their sponsorship by Hungry Jacks

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

What would happen to Eddie McGuire if, on Melbourne radio, he voiced a position on LGBT issues that was aligned with the mainstream position in Qatar / UAE and which is (presumably) shared amongst the owners and executives of those sponsors?

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."
Lieutenant General David Lindsay Morrison AO
He would be exercising his freedom of speech.

This debate all comes back to one critical question.

Does a club who is being sponsored have ANY obligation moral or otherwise to JUDGE the business organisation that sponsors them?

IMO the answer is an empathic no. If any or all of you disagree and think it is hypocritical that is fine ........ Have that opinion just don't force that opinion on others who don't so subscribe to the same view . Ok?
I emphatically disagree.

Problem solved people. Don't fly QATAR Airways if you feel strongly about their human rights record. Then you can have a real say in matters and hit them where it hurts.

I hope all these BF activists shaking their fists are out in the street on their pushbikes demanding our government invest in renewable energy...
Boycotting an airline isn't going to win any battles if you're filling up your shitbox at the Shell every week.

What a load of nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney - Qatar Airlines Sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back