Sydney retaining star players for less money than other rivals. Good culture or salary cap cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

You're dreaming if you think 150k is enough to afford digs in Sydney. Delusional.

Do you reckon it's just a coincidence that most of the assistants just flex between the two clubs?
My brother just bought an apartment in Turrella a few months ago on roughly that money.

AFL assistant coaches aren't entitled to beachside, 4 bedroom houses on Sydney's north shore.

That money wouldn't afford them that in Brisbane or Melbourne either. Sydney's not a special case.

I think we should instead be happy there's still entire groups of players willing to sacrifice big money to get try get the ultimate team success.

My brother just bought an apartment in Turrella a few months ago on roughly that money.

AFL assistant coaches aren't entitled to beachside, 4 bedroom houses on Sydney's north shore.

That money wouldn't afford them that in Brisbane or Melbourne either. Sydney's not a special case.

Turrella. :tearsofjoy:

My God just shut up.

And?

Or are AFL assistant coaches all deserving of digs in Bondi?

Nah let's just get them to live on the Central Coast instead cos it's cheaper there, stuff the commute. Or Penrith hey?

Because your brother found a place that he can afford on 150k (I'm assuming a one bedder) that should be good enough for people with families to just uproot at short notice.

Nah let's just get them to live on the Central Coast instead cos it's cheaper there, stuff the commute. Or Penrith hey?

Because your brother found a place that he can afford on 150k (I'm assuming a one bedder) that should be good enough for people with families to just uproot at short notice.
2 bedroom, brand new. Around $800k, from memory.

Do you think an AFL assistant coach is above traveling more than 30 minutes to work, when many of the rest of us travel 1-2 hours on half the money?

And you think I'm delusional??

2 bedroom, brand new. Around $800k, from memory.

Do you think an AFL assistant coach is above traveling more than 30 minutes to work, when many of the rest of us travel 1-2 hours on half the money?

And you think I'm delusional??
Where did I suggest that? By all means, let's get them to live out in Penrith. I notice you didn't respond to my question about Cameron, mcveigh etc rotating Sydney clubs. Why do you reckon that is?

Where did I suggest that? By all means, let's get them to live out in Penrith. I notice you didn't respond to my question about Cameron, mcveigh etc rotating Sydney clubs. Why do you reckon that is?
Cameron?

Well, for starters he lost his head coaching position. Why you'd use him as an example is completely beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cant all afford to live in Bondi like you and Buddy.
In which case coaches stay in Melbourne. Why relocate to live in the armpit of Sydney

I live about an hour from Bondi and my place still cost 1.5m.

Lol when’s the last time a club has had even a hair out of place in regards to the salary cap ?

A fine or even a please explain

Getting a gig on the AFL integrity Unit must be a cruisy number , like Bighead and the other idiots hanging out on the roof at Hooli every work day cause no one even knows they are missing

So you dont actually know where the suburb he is talking about is...

Also, GWS players can easily live out Penrith way. Their home ground is Homebush.

So you dont actually know where the suburb he is talking about is...

Also, GWS players can easily live out Penrith way. Their home ground is Homebush.
I was making the point that if we want them living by The airport they may as well live on the central coast or Penrith.

Where do you think Penrith is relative to homebush? Homebush is closer to chatswood than Penrith.

I was making the point that if we want them living by The airport they may as well live on the central coast or Penrith.

Where do you think Penrith is relative to homebush? Homebush is closer to chatswood than Penrith.

There is a motorway. They dont train during peak hour times so would be just fine. Amazingly, millions of people manage.

There is a motorway. They dont train during peak hour times so would be just fine. Amazingly, millions of people manage.
😂😂

Yeah those millions don't relocate to Sydney to live in the middle of nowhere for an average salary where they could be out of a job and back to Melbourne in 12-24 months.

😂😂

Yeah those millions don't relocate to Sydney to live in the middle of nowhere for an average salary where they could be out of a job and back to Melbourne in 12-24 months.

With all those academies has it not occurred to the northern clubs that they should also be developing coaches?

I mean, the Swans have been in Sydney for a few years now.

Do all the retired Swans and GWS players just bugger off to somewhere else?

With all those academies has it not occurred to the northern clubs that they should also be developing coaches?

I mean, the Swans have been in Sydney for a few years now.

Do all the retired Swans and GWS players just bugger off to somewhere else?

Yes, back to Melbourne. But I'm glad you're recognising that the approach the Swans and giants are using, which is to employ former players, is used for a reason. Does that make them the best minds in the game by default? Not quite sure it does..

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney retaining star players for less money than other rivals. Good culture or salary cap cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back