Sydney retaining star players for less money than other rivals. Good culture or salary cap cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

You want me to outline to you why the club providing a financial incentive (discounted or free accomodation) to its coaches would count in the soft cap?

I honestly don't think you should be taking part in this conversation if you're genuinely asking.
Like I said, WCE do it with players. It's not like they try to hide it.

You can quite easily have them pay rent.

Idiocy alive and well in the West. Take a bow Sir.

I live in Brisbane, it's literally in my profile. You're a special kind of stupid.

If they're paying market rent, it's not an incentive. If a coach was to pay market rent, why would they live with a player? Especially those with families?

Do you think about what you're posting?

Still not seeing the issue. Show me where it says it's against the soft cap rules. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if you can.

Also, this may come as a complete shock to you Sydney posters but people move to different clubs/cities for vastly different reasons.

If cost of living was a major factor, coaches would be clamouring to live in Geelong, SA and WA. Instead, especially in the case of WA clubs, it's very difficult to attract coaches not from WA.

Should they get extra salary cap assistance to be able to entice people to move across the country?

Maybe you lot should take your advice?

I live in Brisbane, it's literally in my profile. You're a special kind of stupid.

Still not seeing the issue. Show me where it says it's against the soft cap rules. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if you can.

Also, this may come as a complete shock to you Sydney posters but people move to different clubs/cities for vastly different reasons.

If cost of living was a major factor, coaches would be clamouring to live in Geelong, SA and WA. Instead, especially in the case of WA clubs, it's very difficult to attract coaches not from WA.

Should they get extra salary cap assistance to be able to entice people to move across the country?

Maybe you lot should take your advice?
Whatever mate. You are deadset exhibit A.

You are talking trust ? How long have you followed the Eagles ? Give us a spell. More jabs went on there than the Blood Bank.
Irrelevant in a thread about players taking unders but considering all the shit that's happened at Sydney over the years in regards to drugs and other criminal undertakings, that's not really an avenue you want to go down...

What option? You're suggesting the Swans buy up a ton of property for their coaches?
The roosters nrl bought an entire apartment complex ( I think 6 or 8 apartments) in I think Kensington, near UNSW. That's about 3km or so from SCG.
Players don't have to live in beach side suburbs.
I think a small Cola is OK (perhaps a fair figure is 8%, but if so just adopt a smaller figure of 4 or 5%).
Rent money is money down the drain.

Last edited:
The roosters nrl bought an entire apartment complex ( I think 6 or 8 apartments) in I think Kensington, near UNSW. That's about 3km or so from SCG.
Players don't have to live in beach side suburbs.
I think a small Cola is OK (perhaps a fair figure is 8%, but if so just adopt a smaller figure of 4 or 5%).
Rent money is money down the drain.

Do the roosters have a soft cap too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you would be the most transparent person on this Forum. Anything to be said against Sydney you come in with your shitty likes of rubbish uninformed footy illiterate posts then you try and put your own snout in the troth with complete dribble.
Bit of a change of focus for Hairy O. He’s usually to be found trolling in every Pies thread.

No offence to Will, but why would people be thinking he's on a massive contract? I know there were reports of Carlton offering him $700-800k per season (which is funny because Carlton seem to keep bringing in players....) but what has Will done to command a large contract? Bloke has zero individual accolades, 2 brownlow votes to his career, he's a good player but him signing a new contract is hardly cause for suspicion.

Same with Florent's new contract, I rate the guy but would think most clubs have similar level of players within their squad?

The club is well run, but it's not like we're Carlton in the 90s stacked with talent.

Forward line is largely inexperienced, defence relies on 2 key contributors (McCartin and Blakey) with an aging Rampe. Midfield is where it's currently being dominated with Heeney in the middle of a long contract, Gulden having signed a small extension and Warner supposedly being chased hard by WA clubs.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney retaining star players for less money than other rivals. Good culture or salary cap cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back