Game Day Sydney Swans v. Adelaide Crows, Saturday 7:40 PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney Swans 1st v Adelaide Crows 15th
Sydney-vs-Adelaide.png
Swans Match Day Hub
Member Thank You Round - an opportunity to acknowledge the outstanding commitment and contribution of our 2024 members. In our 150th year, we surpassed 70,000 members for the first time in our club’s history.

Gates open: 5:45pm​
First bounce: 7:40pm​
BF Swans Preview by Bloods86
AFL Match Centre

Channel 7: @ 7:30 pm
Fox Footy: @ 7:30 pm Channel 503 with Dwayne Russell, Gerard Healy, Nick Dal Santo, Alastair Lynch & David Zita (thanks Donza)

AFL Team Selections
2024 Round 24 teams.jpg

Umpires
Robert O'Gorman (10), Alex Whetton (19), Cameron Jones (41), Nick Jankovskis (44)​

SWANS

B: D. Rampe, A. Francis, N. Blakey
HB: L. Melican, H. Cunningham, O. Florent
C: C. Mills - C, Ch.Warner, E. Gulden
HF: L. Parker, C. Cleary, J. Jordon
F: L. McDonald, J. Amartey, W. Hayward
FOLL: B. Grundy, I. Heeney, J. Rowbottom

I/C: M. Roberts, B. Campbell, T. Adams, H. McLean, J. Lloyd
EMG: R. Fox, P. Ladhams, Co.Warner

IN: A. Francis, Ch.Warner
OUT: T. McCartin (Managed), Co.Warner (Omitted)

CROWS

B: M. Michalanney, J. Borlase, M. Hinge
HB: H. Bond, N. Murray, J. Worrell
C: C. Jones, R. Laird, L. Sholl
HF: J. Soligo, R. Thilthorpe, B. Keays
F: S. Berry, D. Fogarty, T. Walker
FOLL: R. O’Brien, J. Dawson - C, M. Crouch

I/C: L. Murphy, L. Nankervis, B. Dowling, D. Curtin, Z. Taylor
EMG: L. Gollant, C. Edwards, O. Ryan

IN: J. Borlase, C. Jones, T. Walker, B. Dowling
OUT: M. Keane (Personal Reason), I. Rankine (Injured), L. Gollant (Omitted), J. Rachele (Omitted)

Opposition Watch – Round 24 v Adelaide Crows

imagerender

15 June 2024

Recent Games at SCG
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 19, 23 Jul 2022SCGSydney defeats Adelaide118-85R. Laird 38L. Franklin 3
W. Hayward 3
T. Walker 3
Round 2, 27 Mar 2021SCGSydney defeats Adelaide121-88R. Laird 30T. Walker 6
Round 2, 29 Mar 2019SCGSydney defeated by Adelaide62-88J. Kennedy 36L. Franklin 3
Round 5, 20 Apr 2018SCGSydney defeated by Adelaide75-85R. Laird 30T. Walker 4
Semi Final, 17 Sep 2016SCGSydney defeats Adelaide118-82J. Kennedy 42L. Franklin 4
T. Papley 4

Milestones

Joel Amartey 50 games
imagerender

15 June 2024

Bloods by 36 points

SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

Let’s fix up our starts for finals. Get the systems right and tune up properly for the real shit in 2 weeks.

if anyone thinks the Crows aren't going to come out breathing fire you're mistaken. It's already obvious to one and all that our first quarters are up for the taking.

Couple that with the double of them losing the Showdown last week and last year's final game and they have multiple points to prove.

if anyone thinks the Crows aren't going to come out breathing fire you're mistaken. It's already obvious to one and all that our first quarters are up for the taking.

Couple that with the double of them losing the Showdown last week and last year's final game and they have multiple points to prove.

Agree they have been busting in every week lately, they also can't go lower anyway, so they want to win games.

Nicks record look better with a win.

If heeney or gulden gets injured we are done for the season. I don't understand why we didn't rest blokes when we got the minor premiership

If heeney or gulden gets injured we are done for the season. I don't understand why we didn't rest blokes when we got the minor premiership
Because you don’t want to go into a prelim with your main players having played 1 game in 5 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, Crows are a club in crisis & their season is over.

Their coach is on borrowed time, they’ve dropped one of their most talented players for having personality, their midfield is full of crabs & their most damaging player is out.

I’m expecting effort in Q1, quickly fading to “how goods an offseason without Collective Minds?!”

If I offended anyone earlier with my post about adolescents and Brian Taylor getting ‘excited’ - I apologise.

For what its worth, it was prompted by the hysterical behaviour of two teenage lads in the crowd last night.

These two were seriously carrying on like young girls at a boy band concert - all because Daicos went near the fence to take a kick.

I’m talking about holding hands on the heart, OMG face-palming and mock fainting - I mean what late adolescent male behaves like that? 🙄

On top of that was Taylor’s vomittous gushing about said player pushed me to the brink - I had to vent.

Apologies once again if I was too ‘candid’ and failed to join the dots.

Because you don’t want to go into a prelim with your main players having played 1 game in 5 weeks.
I have no issue with anyone playing as long as they don't have any injuries.

That's why I'm more worried about Grundy and Hayward playing, both who look clearly busted then anyone else.

Nicks is surely on his last legs if they loose another game. Half their premier plays are on the wrong side of 30 and they have no youth especially in the ruck department so their list is also in tatters whilst being at the bottom of the ladder

I have no issue with anyone playing as long as they don't have any injuries.

That's why I'm more worried about Grundy and Hayward playing, both who look clearly busted then anyone else.
Yeah. You don't rest/drop players this week unless it's needed (though I would have shuffled Corey for Gus).

So I'm hoping we have 2 late outs with Ladhams and Fox in for Grundy and Hayward. Adams can be sub.

Meh, Crows are a club in crisis & their season is over.

Their coach is on borrowed time, they’ve dropped one of their most talented players for having personality, their midfield is full of crabs & their most damaging player is out.

I’m expecting effort in Q1, quickly fading to “how goods an offseason without Collective Minds?!”
Maybe they drop off if we at least challenge them in the first half. But rushing Walker back for an away game, in the final round, no finals, says to me they want to get one back on us.

‘Hang on to your hats’ is the advice for any fans in the vicinity of Crouch tonight.

JHWF, looking out for your safety since 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back