Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Friday 7.40pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dons seem to play their best on the rebound, so after pissing away a game tonight they'll fire up.

Bombers will typically play their best game of the season against us, before wheeling out a mediocrity-laden performance the following week.

I fully expect to age six months in less than four quarters.

Let’s be honest we played poorly until last quarter
I think we played well at the start and for much of the first two quarters.

We played abominably for the third and early in the fourth.

We played effin’ sensationally the last fifteen or so minutes.

Yep. He was a huge part of our sensational form until half a dozen games ago, and though he’s still trying hard always, the magic ain’t there right now. Needs to reboot.
The pre finals bye can't come soon enough. Would be tempted to rest him against Adelaide if we beat bombers. Give him 2 weeks refresh. In fact I'd give half the team time off for the two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha happens everytime we are contending we just dont do it

I think Grundy is the main one it makes sense for.

I am assuming they would argue theres a week off before finals and if you perform, a week off during finals, and players want to play.

Win this week first I guess.

But not like resting stops Reids 22 injury, or Mills and Mcveigh injuries in 16

Someone should do a chart or graph of Swans fans desire to rest players v Horses desire to do so.
Anytime you build it, I'll read it... but can't be arsed going to all that work for something that is not going to happen until we secure top 2, and we need at least one more win to do that.

Anytime you build it, I'll read it... but can't be arsed going to all that work for something that is not going to happen until we secure top 2, and we need at least one more win to do that.

It is what it is, the flip side is if guys are fit, want to play and you want cohesion keep picking them,

From the outside I would rest Adams and Grundy before finals personally, Adams faded late and as much as for some reason a few dislike him, we need him imo.

We certainly need Grundy at his best for finals.

The rest can just keep playing unless there are niggles

You think we can't win it all ?
I think front half isn’t god enough to be honest

Again we relied on the 3 mids to kick goals and just barely scraped over against the pies

I still think you rely on the front half when finals start and normally and player from the front half takes the game away from the opposition in big finals

I don't think we would rest any players this week. We really needed that win last week to get our season back on track. So I feel they would be desperate to back that up by beating Essendon. So would play our strongest possible side.

Yep beat the Dons and maybe the Crows game he rests a grundy or something.

I mean the players basically took 3 weeks off recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back