Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Friday 7.40pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is, the flip side is if guys are fit, want to play and you want cohesion keep picking them,

From the outside I would rest Adams and Grundy before finals personally, Adams faded late and as much as for some reason a few dislike him, we need him imo.

We certainly need Grundy at his best for finals.

The rest can just keep playing unless there are niggles
Don’t dislike him

He can’t play forward let’s be honest he is rubbish resting

He can’t get near it in the middle either , 1 clearance and 10 possessions

Needs to play 2s imo

Don’t dislike him

He can’t play forward let’s be honest he is rubbish resting

He can’t get near it in the middle either , 1 clearance and 10 possessions

Needs to play 2s imo

Adams, he faded late but his rating was higher than guys like Roberts and Campbell funnily enough.

His forward work is usually better but he hasn't hit the scoreboard,

I think his work in tight has been important all year, doubt he gets dropped at all.

But he also needs more of it than Friday

Gus had 37 in the 2s and 7 clearances

Yeah its the VFL, Campbell gets mid 30s, Adams would probably get 45.

It also depends what role they get in the 2s, not saying Sheldrick shouldn't get a chance, worse case a go as sub

It is what it is, the flip side is if guys are fit, want to play and you want cohesion keep picking them,

From the outside I would rest Adams and Grundy before finals personally
True, but there is still the pre-finals bye...

I think that its pretty hard to tell from the outside what the issue is. If Grundy is not playing well, or looks bad because the mids are not playing well. I think that the loss of McInerney and Papley has had a huge impact on our game. I also think that Adams role means he can't really play well unless those around him are... if they are not in place as expected, then he has to wing it... which probably isn't going to end well.

Who knows, certainly not me... but sometimes, too much time off makes things that are niggles start to seize... and then you have unmanageable and irredeemable problems.

Adams, he faded late but his rating was higher than guys like Roberts and Campbell funnily enough.

His forward work is usually better but he hasn't hit the scoreboard,

I think his work in tight has been important all year, doubt he gets dropped at all.

But he also needs more of it than Friday
Liability atm imo

We just need to keep the spirit and winning going.

We dont need any of our tall forwards to be Charlie Curnrow.

If Papley and Hayward perform we just need them to be like a Ben Brown in 21 and give us some marks.

For better or worse our mids need to score

True, but there is still the pre-finals bye...

I think that its pretty hard to tell from the outside what the issue is. If Grundy is not playing well, or looks bad because the mids are not playing well. I think that the loss of McInerney and Papley has had a huge impact on our game. I also think that Adams role means he can't really play well unless those around him are... if they are not in place as expected, then he has to wing it... which probably isn't going to end well.

Who knows, certainly not me... but sometimes, too much time off makes things that are niggles start to seize... and then you have unmanageable and irredeemable problems.

Agree with that, Grundy was still fine anyway, I mean he still led our tackles

Liability atm imo

Have to agree to disagree l think he is one of the few doing the dirty work, I dont want him kicking it forward but hes a nuggety type, but you and I wont ever agree on him 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox is the interesting one,may be one who goes out as players return, seems not to have a position
I think Fox will be sub when finals start. We seem to hold off using the sub till the 4th quarter in case of injury. And Fox can cover an injury to a tall defender in a final and be versatile enough to handle other positions.

Though it is strange because when Rampe was injured. I thought Fox would replace him as the 3rd tall defender. But they were still using him as a defensive forward. Which I did not think he was that effective at.

Though it is possible they keep Fox as a defensive forward. If Wicks does not return, I feel structurally we lack a quick pressure forward during finals. Otherwise we rely on Papley and Hayward and resting mids for forward pressure and speed in the forward line. Unless they move someone like Florent or Campbell forward during the game.

need to win this as this is the closest we have to a top 8 side until finals and we haven't beaten a top 8 side since GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back