Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Friday 7.40pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks yes...I'd hardly call the v Lions game a week off! That game sapped them.

Yep but from the Monday after the Lions game I meant until this Friday gone was basically 3 weeks

After Dons couldn't find the goals last night, watch them all be dead-eye-d!cks this Fri ! :rolleyes:

For mine, best team in this week and then get minor prem done and rest those who need resting due to niggling injuries or knackered for 2 weeks.

Horse doesn't like change after a win, so prob:
In meliCAN - Out Cleary
Fox or BC as sub ... or...
Unpopular / unlikely choice but would like to see Mills as a sub option too. After all the box/sideline experience he'll know where he's needed when subbed in. As captain he can tell horse when he needs to go on ;) Mills can captain from the bench too.. have less game time this week, full game next week, 1 week off, then ready to go bonkers in finals.

Last edited:
Why are people talking about resting anyone? The players didn't even turn up against the doggies or power. Those weeks were their rests

Yeah, I don't get it either. I hope we play our strongest side and make sure of the minor premiership. They'll all get a week off very soon anyway and potentially another one 2 weeks after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah its the VFL, Campbell gets mid 30s, Adams would probably get 45.

It also depends what role they get in the 2s, not saying Sheldrick shouldn't get a chance, worse case a go as sub
It’s not only the number, it’s how they get them.

Gus doesn’t get the cheapies. None from just chipping it around the backline. They’re mostly hard-ball gets.

We’ve been in awful form & got saved by one quarter of brilliance from a few players. If we lost, Horse goes straight back to moaning about “contest”.

I think it’s still reasonable to question whether Adams is legit best XXIII, particularly with two realistic options - Cleary developing well & Gus re-finding form post injury.

It’s not only the number, it’s how they get them.

Gus doesn’t get the cheapies. None from just chipping it around the backline. They’re mostly hard-ball gets.

We’ve been in awful form & got saved by one quarter of brilliance from a few players.

I think it’s still reasonable to question whether Adams is legit best XXIII, particularly with two realistic options - Cleary developing well & Gus re-finding form post injury.

We certainly should question people's place all through the side.

But I would contend there's a lack of appreciation for what Adams gives us.

I also am not sure we were as bad in the first half as people think, thought we outplayed collingwood except for the third overall

I also am not sure we were as bad in the first half as people think, thought we outplayed collingwood except for the third overall

Yer i thought the HT break stopped our momentum.

Adams has been a high quality player - but his numbers have been in decline for 3 years.

I suppose I’m just unsure as to whether he’s over the hill & an injection of youth makes us better.

We’re nowhere near as “young” as people like to make out. Particularly with Parker and Mills back.

As for our first half vs Collingwood - we were at home, trailing a side outside the 8. It cant have been too good!

Adams has been a high quality player - but his numbers have been in decline for 3 years.

I suppose I’m just unsure as to whether he’s over the hill & an injection of youth makes us better.

We’re nowhere near as “young” as people like to make out. Particularly with Parker and Mills back.

As for our first half vs Collingwood - we were at home, trailing a side outside the 8. It cant have been too good!
Yes we were at home but at half time we only trailed by 3, in a see sawing match against the reigning premiers fighting to keep their season alive, so I don't think it was too bad either.

The third qtr on the other hand.....

Yes we were at home but at half time we only trailed by 3, in a see sawing match against the reigning premiers fighting to keep their season alive, so I don't think it was too bad either.

The third qtr on the other hand.....

In retrospective it was a much better first quarter but after 35-1 and 48-0 it was only going to go up :tearsofjoy:

Did Punts hack your account ?

He got 10 possessions

Not much dirty work

I said he was average v the Pies

A few weeks ago he beat Neale, last week when no one else gave a flying **** he got 20 touches and a goal and you can wait to ship him off the twos 😂 he should wear 26 , seems to be the only player you rate .

I said he was average v the Pies

A few weeks ago he beat Neale, last week when no one else gave a flying **** he got 20 touches and a goal and you can wait to ship him off the twos 😂 he should wear 26 , seems to be the only player you rate .

He should be in the 2s on recent form

He also can’t play forward or deliver to them

Becomes a liability when not getting a kick like he has

He should be in the 2s on recent form

He also can’t play forward or deliver to them

Becomes a liability when not getting a kick like he has

Recent form? Like I said he's actually coming off being one of the few who played well in the 3 losses

Beat Neale
24 v the doggies
20 v Port

So recent form is the pies game 🙄.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back