Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Friday 7.40pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Mills, Cleary, Grundy (rested)
IN: Sheldrick, Melican, Ladhams

Adams to be the sub. Mills can get a full game in the midfield in the 2s
Grundy rested from all footy in the interests of our finals campaign.
I'd be sending Adams to the reserves, Florent as sub, Cleary to stay, but sounds good. Or if we must keep Florent in, Cleary or Campbell as sub.

OUT: Mills, Cleary, Grundy (rested)
IN: Sheldrick, Melican, Ladhams

Adams to be the sub. Mills can get a full game in the midfield in the 2s
Grundy rested from all footy in the interests of our finals campaign.

Yeah I don't mind these ones, nice to give Grundy a freshen up, he may not need it I don't know but if he does it's this week not next

I'd be sending Adams to the reserves, Florent as sub, Cleary to stay, but sounds good. Or if we must keep Florent in, Cleary or Campbell as sub.

We are not putting Florent as sub, boy people on here are hellbent in blaming him every single game. How about Blakey who has been diabolcal for 8 weeks? Just won the game boys finally getting some form back...don't know about others but I'd be not changing too much, aside from Mills out of the midfield for the rest of the season

We are not putting Florent as sub, boy people on here are hellbent in blaming him every single game. How about Blakey who has been diabolcal for 8 weeks? Just won the game boys finally getting some form back...don't know about others but I'd be not changing too much, aside from Mills out of the midfield for the rest of the season

Maybe because he's not been in form for a while? I agree with Blakey, but with Jmac out, I'm not dropping both, so I've put Florent as sub, Blakey to the wing.

Friday was a poor performance for the most part, though effort was much better than against Port. I'm not changing the guys who showed some form.

Maybe because he's not been in form for a while? I agree with Blakey, but with Jmac out, I'm not dropping both, so I've put Florent as sub, Blakey to the wing.

Friday was a poor performance for the most part, though effort was much better than against Port. I'm not changing the guys who showed some form.

Well here is an idea we have won the match, we are not dropping one of our dozen most critical players just because he's a fraction below on form, and he was outstanding in the last quarter. Blakey is in much worse form it's not even close, I was happy in the last quarter when he didn't touch the ball that much!

We are not making 4-5 changes to a side that's won jeez.

it will be Melican in for Cleary, Campbell to sub I guess, would rather Campbell no where near the side.

You may as well drop him if you're putting him down as sub. Like you said with Jmac out it shouldn't even be a consideration tbh. Two games out from finals the only thing we can do is keep playing Blakey and Florent in the hopes that they can turn their form around. I'm happy for us to die on that hill because if we're dropping them then there will be no hill to begin with.

Well here is an idea we have won the match, we are not dropping one of our dozen most critical players just because he's a fraction below on form, and he was outstanding in the last quarter. Blakey is in much worse form it's not even close, I was happy in the last quarter when he didn't touch the ball that much!

We are not making 4-5 changes to a side that's won jeez.

it will be Melican in for Cleary, Campbell to sub I guess, would rather Campbell no where near the side.
Yeah, we have very different definitions of "fraction below", "outstanding" and which was his best quarter.

Clearly Florent is well below on form, has been for a long time, horrific in the first half. His 3rd quarter goal was good. His last quarter, he had 4 disposals, only 1 of which went clearly to a teammate, along with 1 tackle.

You may as well drop him if you're putting him down as sub. Like you said with Jmac out it shouldn't even be a consideration tbh. Two games out from finals the only thing we can do is keep playing Blakey and Florent in the hopes that they can turn their form around. I'm happy for us to die on that hill because if we're dropping them then there will be no hill to begin with.
Yep, don't change what we've been doing and just hope it turns around. Sounds good.

Yeah, we have very different definitions of "fraction below", "outstanding" and which was his best quarter.

Clearly Florent is well below on form, has been for a long time, horrific in the first half. His 3rd quarter goal was good. His last quarter, he had 4 disposals, only 1 of which went clearly to a teammate, along with 1 tackle.

A fraction below is still better than whatever Blakey has dished up for a month yet it’s Florent you want out. Yeah no. We are not changing key players 2 weeks from finals. It will be just getting Melican, Paps and JMac back over the next two weeks. That’s it we won’t be dropping anyone else

A fraction below is still better than whatever Blakey has dished up for a month yet it’s Florent you want out. Yeah no. We are not changing key players 2 weeks from finals. It will be just getting Melican, Paps and JMac back over the next two weeks. That’s it we won’t be dropping anyone else
Ok, so ignore what I'm saying...

You said "fraction below", I didn't. Both Blakey and Florent were awful the other night, Florent kicked a goal in the 3rd.

I want both of them out of the backline, but Blakey has the height to go with Cox on the wing, so I'd keep him in and put him there. Swap them for all I care, have Blakey as sub.

Yes, there's always a reason to leave things as they are despite clearly still having problems...

People speak as if any changes, while we have another game before finals, are permanent. They aren't, it's to refresh and get players into some form before finals.

Ok, so ignore what I'm saying...

You said "fraction below", I didn't. Both Blakey and Florent were awful the other night, Florent kicked a goal in the 3rd.

I want both of them out of the backline, but Blakey has the height to go with Cox on the wing, so I'd keep him in and put him there. Swap them for all I care, have Blakey as sub.

Yes, there's always a reason to leave things as they are despite clearly still having problems...

People speak as if any changes, while we have another game before finals, are permanent. They aren't, it's to refresh and get players into some form before finals.

Florent was a mile better than Blakey sorry to be blunt he was. Yes he wasn’t at his best but he worked into it kicked a good goal and was good in the 4th. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news we are not dropping Florent who is in our top 10-12 players structurally.

Players have dips of form you back them to come good especially when they got us to 13-3 doing this.

The changes as I’ve said will be straightforward Melican in this week for Cleary (I don’t love it would have Campbell out before Cleary but he was the sub that’s showing our hand there). Then you have Campbell out for JMac for the Crows game (likely) and Paps for Fox in all likelihood.

Florent was a mile better than Blakey sorry to be blunt he was. Yes he wasn’t at his best but he worked into it kicked a good goal and was good in the 4th. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news we are not dropping Florent who is in our top 10-12 players structurally.

Players have dips of form you back them to come good especially when they got us to 13-3 doing this.

The changes as I’ve said will be straightforward Melican in this week for Cleary (I don’t love it would have Campbell out before Cleary but he was the sub that’s showing our hand there). Then you have Campbell out for JMac for the Crows game (likely) and Paps for Fox in all likelihood.

Again, we have very different definition of "mile better". Florent was all fumbles and missing the ball in the first half. Good goal in the 3rd. His 4th wasn't notable, only 1 disposal went clearly to a teammate, except for some run and dash that ended up getting smothered. Kudos for trying at least.

I'm not talking about what I think we will do, I'm talking about what I think we should do.

You give players time to get over form slumps sure, but there's a limit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JMac won't be fit. Knee has to be stable. Reckon he's gone for the year.

At this stage, I’d be working my way towards getting this 23 on the field for the finals:

Rampe McCartin Mills
Blakey Melican Roberts
Gulden Rowbottom Lloyd
Jordon McDonald McInerney
Papley Amartey Hayward
Grundy Warner Heeney

Parker Cunningham Florent McLean
Sub: Adams

Mills into defence as the organiser, Florent to HFF or bits on a wing, Fox unlucky and if he gets fit again then he’s a valuable player for us.

At this stage, I’d be working my way towards getting this 23 on the field for the finals:

Rampe McCartin Mills
Blakey Melican Roberts
Gulden Rowbottom Lloyd
Jordon McDonald McInerney
Papley Amartey Hayward
Grundy Warner Heeney

Parker Cunningham Florent McLean
Sub: Adams

Mills into defence as the organiser, Florent to HFF or bits on a wing, Fox unlucky and if he gets fit again then he’s a valuable player for us.
Not sure we get Jmac back, so opens the door for Fox, Campbell, Sheldrick etc. At least as sub (though Fox as sub doesn't usually work well).

If Mills is playing, yep, has to be defence. If he's still building fitness and not in form, come finals, then I would absolutely drop our Captain for Fox. That's why I'd send him to the 2s this week to get plenty of ball, while not as much impact being out of form, then bring him back for the Crows game or finals (if we somehow make the Top 10 in VFL).

Bar Melican coming back in, hopefully for Campbell but probably for Cleary, can't see any other selection changes - unless there's an injury during the week.
Although, would like to see Mills play defence and Florent to come higher up the ground Wing/HB/HF to use his run.

All chips in this week, just ****ing win. We've already made it harder than it needed to be, no need to make it any harder again. Get the win, lock in top 2....and then if we decide we need to manage/rest guys, do it next week when we can back it onto the bye. It's still a luxury/option we can have that others can't if we get the job done on Friday.

Hamling not good enough to come into forward-line? Am I missing something? Surely he could provide "an option" if Logan is sent to the backline

What’s the point? Melican back anyway Logan will be back to the forward line. The same Hamling who has played a grand total of ZERO AFL games in the forwardline

I'm looking forward to Essendon bringing in peak Dusty Stringer to play us
I can't wait for his inside out banana torpedo eyes closed standing on one leg pants down shot from the boundary to put them infront late to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back