Preview Sydney vs Essendon, Friday 7.40pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheldrick can't get a game because he can only play 1 position.

Cleary, Campbell, Roberts, Warner are all in the team playing in positions they weren't originally drafted for

We brought Sheldrick in as a forward before and everyone lost their mind.

He'll have to wait until his spot in the middle opens up.
We've had Adams and Mills playing in the middle FFS. Both are outright the two worst mids in the comp right now.

Is Sheldrick quick or a bit of a plodder?

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m so glad you asked! Quick is in the eye of the beholder. Now Jack Hiscox, how he cut through the tartan track, never a faster Swan we will see.

Compared to Jack, Gus is but a mere plodder. But then again Jack was fast, very fast.

I like fast players.

Honestly, just play Cleary for a full game at this point and let him show what he's got. I've seen nothing in his admittedly brief senior game time that has justified his continued selection. Mostly looks lost and afraid to me. James Bell 2.0

To my eye, he has a good acceleration and power out of stoppage, wouldn't surprise me if his top end is not outright quick (like the most famous greyhound from Glebe JH).
He is deceptively fast. Can run a 3.0 second 20m. Much quicker than some of our other mids.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melican back makes me much more confident. Looking forward to Logan getting to play forward again.

I’d like to see Blakey start in defence so he can gel with the other defenders, but if we need a spark (or if we are easily winning and Blakey is still not firing), I’d love to see him given some bursts in the Warner role. He also has the pace to break out of packs and could add an interesting X factor for future bursts if it comes off.

Who do we think will play Warner’s outside mid role on a more full time basis during the game? Or do we change the dynamic? Maybe all of Heeney, Adams and Rowbottom play a bit more aggressively? (I’m assuming Parker plays a forward role and hoping like heck that Mills plays back).

Good discussion on here about Gus. I agree with the most recent points made. His time will come. Like everyone I will be excited when this is.

Sheldrick would not be near fit enough, and he would know it and be not pouting, so we shouldn't. Cleary was sub last week, so probably gets a full game. Have we had the same sub two weeks running?..genuine question I have no idea. Another close one I rekon, everyone have your beet juice nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back