Rumour Busted Sylvia to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I don't care much either way on Sylvia (we've waited and waited and waited for him to play really good, consistent football), however I'm struggling to see how it could be a "done deal" half way through a season, whilst he's in a current contract. I thought this was strictly against league rules?

... however I'm struggling to see how it could be a "done deal" half way through a season, whilst he's in a current contract. I thought this was strictly against league rules?

Given he's an unrestricted free agent who can walk to any club at seasons end, I'm confident his management would at least be exploring options and presenting them to him. I'm just passing on what I've heard from a source close to Sylvia and the phrase was "done deal".

Was also told he'll be in Sydney this weekend, the home of another suitor. Not sure what to take from that, but make of it what you will. Definitely 100% won't be a Demon next year I was told.

Pretty obvious he won't be at the Dees next year.

I would think it would only happen if Dale Thomas left. He would just be another Dane Swan who only runs one way.

Could be a good pick up but he has shown at Melbourne if he doesn't like what the coach says he cracks the sads so attitude is a worry.

Would love Toby Greene, great in and under player, but I don't see that happening.

Given he's an unrestricted free agent who can walk to any club at seasons end, I'm confident his management would at least be exploring options and presenting them to him. I'm just passing on what I've heard from a source close to Sylvia and the phrase was "done deal".

Was also told he'll be in Sydney this weekend, the home of another suitor. Not sure what to take from that, but make of it what you will. Definitely 100% won't be a Demon next year I was told.

I don't doubt at all this would be the case - just the done deal part is what isn't as yet possible

I'm also with little doubt Sylvia wont be with us next year, and am not terribly phased by that either

It'll come down to cash imo.

Would be on close to 500k per year at the moment. Who can pony up that kind of coin for him? 3 year deal he'd be wanting at least 400k-450k. Offer 4-5 years and he'd possibly accept 375k/400k, but don't be surprised if a team with capspace is prepared to throw 500k at him for 3 years.

Can Collingwood afford that? If so, he'll love being alongside his best mate Didak, don't expect them to behave though. Great blokes by all reports, but loose as all hell.

I see no reason to suggest Carlton will beat us or come withing the same margin they did last time.

really? we beat you twice last year with half a list.... and your club is apparently looking at players like Sylvia to top up.

You lost by 55 to Hawthorn we lost by 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll come down to cash imo.

Would be on close to 500k per year at the moment. Who can pony up that kind of coin for him? 3 year deal he'd be wanting at least 400k-450k. Offer 4-5 years and he'd possibly accept 375k/400k, but don't be surprised if a team with capspace is prepared to throw 500k at him for 3 years.

Can Collingwood afford that? If so, he'll love being alongside his best mate Didak, don't expect them to behave though. Great blokes by all reports, but loose as all hell.
He's earnt alot of money in Football already. Maybe hes like Rivers, he just wants a chance to win a premiership. We can offer him that, and even if we don't win one, atleast he will win some games.

Does anyone honestly believe Buckley would consider him?
it'd be like Flanders adopting Bart.

really? we beat you twice last year with half a list.... and your club is apparently looking at players like Sylvia to top up.

We beat Geelong, howd you blokes go?

When the next game in 2012 rolls around you should be fine then.

Sadly in 2013 Carlton are worse than last year and in all honesty, a poor team.

Does anyone honestly believe Buckley would consider him?
it'd be like Flanders adopting Bart.

Flanders did adopt Bart on more than one occasion haha.

The few times I've met Col I was extremely suprised by how down to earth and nice the bloke is. I take most player stereotypes with a pinch of salt these days. It's mostly media blow up.

I actually believe he'll still be at Melbourne next year.

You'll take nothing, get nothing and walk away satisfied.

For what it's worth he clearly won't be at the Dees next season.

If he comes, meh, if he doesn't, meh.

Just give us one of your players with an awesome novelty name and ill be happy, my personal preference is Broomhead, what a name. As for Col I don't really give a shit what he does.

Just give us one of your players with an awesome novelty name and ill be happy, my personal preference is Broomhead, what a name. As for Col I don't really give a shit what he does.

But we gave you sliding DAWES! !!!!! Thats a cool name :)

Flanders did adopt Bart on more than one occasion haha.

The few times I've met Col I was extremely suprised by how down to earth and nice the bloke is. I take most player stereotypes with a pinch of salt these days. It's mostly media blow up.

I actually believe he'll still be at Melbourne next year.
a mate of brad greens recently said he offered his missus to him for the night. if that's not good bloke status I don't know what is! bit of a country lad by all accounts, likable fella.

didn't bart just get put into foster care with the flanderserseses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back