Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That top 4 thread started by Ben the Goober is a laugh a minute. Bunch of arrogant flogs drinking their own peptide filled bath water. They will lose their next 3!!!

A 95 page thread about Essendon? You guys must hate them more then we do :p

Ours just burns deeper.

Its been with North forever and it resides within every North supporter, they just need to learn enough to have it awoken.

Had a bit of time in the city to kill today so wandered over to Etihad at half time and managed to watch one and half quarters before I had to leave.

Lions supporters wre outnmbered about 10 to 1 and so naturally I had to give them a bit of a hand. :)

The *Essendon supporters are truly unbelievable when you are sitting among so many. (And probably when you are not sitting among them too.)

I have come to the conclusion that the first thing a *bomber supporter is taught at birth is to shout "ball" the instant an opposition player grabs the pill. One of them has learnt that caper so well that he actually called "ball" when it was one of their peptide poppers in charge of the pill.

The second thing they are taught is that the umpires are always against them. Despite a 13 to 8 free kick count in their favour at three quarter time their rage at the umpires was palpable.

Sadly couldn't stay to the finish but just great to see the Lions get the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a bit of time in the city to kill today so wandered over to Etihad at half time and managed to watch one and half quarters before I had to leave.

Lions supporters wre outnmbered about 10 to 1 and so naturally I had to give them a bit of a hand. :)

The *Essendon supporters are truly unbelievable when you are sitting among so many. (And probably when you are not sitting among them too.)

I have come to the conclusion that the first thing a *bomber supporter is taught at birth is to shout "ball" the instant an opposition player grabs the pill. One of them has learnt that caper so well that he actually called "ball" when it was one of their peptide poppers in charge of the pill.

The second thing they are taught is that the umpires are always against them. Despite a 13 to 8 free kick count in their favour at three quarter time their rage at the umpires was palpable.

Sadly couldn't stay to the finish but just great to see the Lions get the win.

Late for 'Murder she wrote' Horace? :)

The meltdown on the *Essendon board is delightful. Plus there are still some poster on there arguing that they are still a top 4 team!!!!! Lol

I think you guys have well and truly set the standard of meltdowns on friday.

Have you been to the hot topic board?

There is a 4 month melt down going on there that continues to this day.

Have you been to the hot topic board?

There is a 4 month melt down going on there that continues to this day.

Just thought I'd subscribe to this. When ASADA come out and say we're innocent just before the bye, and we get whacked with a fine for crap governance, the obsession related meltdown here will be beautiful.

Stay classy *North.

I think you guys have well and truly set the standard of meltdowns on friday. wow.......

I look forward to when you raise that bar when your team begins it's usual decline and then goes under for drug use. Don't worry big footy will keep your board open even if your team no longer exists

I look forward to when you raise that bar when your team begins it's usual decline and then goes under for drug use. Don't worry big footy will keep your board open even if your team no longer exists

The *Jobe Watson wing?

That top 4 thread started by Ben the Goober is a laugh a minute. Bunch of arrogant flogs drinking their own peptide filled bath water. They will lose their next 3!!!
In all seriousness, we did perform well enough for six weeks to at least consider the possibility of being top 4 if we continued as we were. And as a fan you always look at the best case scenario. Except you have to play well for more than the first 6 weeks, something which hasn't happened the last 2 years, especially the complete flop of last year. When you've been fortunate enough to have a history of success as many Essendon fans have, it's kind of expected that after 10 pathetic years we will get back up there. Therefore we, as fans, appear to jump on anything and say yep, 'surely turning the corner this time'. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, though.

From an Essendon point of view, the season still has strong legs (peptide-gate aside) if we are mentally strong enough. The next 3 games are huge- Richmond, Sydney, Carlton. I wouldn't be surprised if we won all 3, but based on the last 10 years I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 3. I really don't know where we are at - sometimes we are fantastic and other times we play embarrassing, dumb football. But I will say, if the season again goes to shit I think fans will be pretty pissed off, to be frank, as they deserve to be.

In all seriousness, we did perform well enough for six weeks to at least consider the possibility of being top 4 if we continued as we were. And as a fan you always look at the best case scenario. Except you have to play well for more than the first 6 weeks, something which hasn't happened the last 2 years, especially the complete flop of last year. When you've been fortunate enough to have a history of success as many *Essendon fans have, it's kind of expected that after 10 pathetic years we will get back up there. Therefore we, as fans, appear to jump on anything and say yep, 'surely turning the corner this time'. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, though.

From an *Essendon point of view, the season still has strong legs (peptide-gate aside) if we are mentally strong enough. The next 3 games are huge- Richmond, Sydney, Carlton. I wouldn't be surprised if we won all 3, but based on the last 10 years I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 3. I really don't know where we are at - sometimes we are fantastic and other times we play embarrassing, dumb football. But I will say, if the season again goes to shit I think fans will be pretty pissed off, to be frank, as they deserve to be.

Pretty sure most supporters on this board don't really care. 3 losses will do just nicely though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back