Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

He wouldn’t be on minimum wage at hq probably gets some juicy bonuses too. Less stress too

He’d likely double his salary by taking on the coaching job but I also sense he feels he has an unfulfilled ambition to be at the helm of a premiership team.

I suspect the AFL will always have a role for him, even if they have to make it up.

He’d likely double his salary by taking on the coaching job but I also sense he feels he has an unfulfilled ambition to be at the helm of a premiership team.

I suspect the AFL will always have a role for him, even if they have to make it up.
You have to wonder how much Chris winning another Premiership plays on his mind, it must eat away at him?

This revisionist stuff that Brad had an average team make two prelims really annoys me. RoCo the Bombers nuff that latest one to run with it

You want an average list in a prelim final?

Lets look what Laidley had in 2007 in comparison

Aaron Edwards
Kasey Green
Daniel Harris
Ed Lower
Scott McMahon
Daniel Pratt
Eddie Sansnbury
Jesse Smith
Shannon Watt
a very young Josh Gibson
a teenager Andrew Swallow
and Glenn Archer in his last game

Come on now. Brad had a very good list that if anything under achieved.

Aaaa
This revisionist stuff that Brad had an average team make two prelims really annoys me. RoCo the Bombers nuff that latest one to run with it

You want an average list in a prelim final?

Lets look what Laidley had in 2007 in comparison

Aaron Edwards
Kasey Green
Daniel Harris
Ed Lower
Scott McMahon
Daniel Pratt
Eddie Sansnbury
Jesse Smith
Shannon Watt
a very young Josh Gibson
a teenager Andrew Swallow
and Glenn Archer in his last game

Come on now. Brad had a very good list that if anything under achieved.
Not to mention one assistant and worse facilities than scott had

Brad Scott to interview for top job at Bombers​

Brad Scott has made the huge call to throw his hat in the ring for the Essendon coaching job and will interview for the role on Thursday.

Former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott will interview for the Essendon coaching job on Thursday after deciding he is ready to re-enter the AFL coaching ranks.

Scott, 46, has made the big call to throw his hat into the ring for the position and will speak to the Bombers’ coaching selection panel about his interest in returning to AFL coaching.

Scott, who is the AFL operations boss, has the league’s blessing to go for the job.

The decision from Scott is a welcome development for Bombers’ chiefs who were eager to secure an experienced replacement for Ben Rutten after his messy late-season exit.

Scott spent nine-and-a-half years at North Melbourne and led the club to two preliminary finals and remains highly-respected in the industry.

But Scott will have to be part of Essendon’s selection process from here in a battle against Melbourne assistant Adem Yze for the job.

Scott’s experience likely makes him the favourite to win the gig and take over a club which has not won a final since 2004.

Former coach James Hird is also in the mix but is at longer odds to win the job.

Scott has spent the past few weeks weighing up whether to formally declare his interest in the Bombers’ coaching job.

Scott said at a function recently coaching would always be an itch he would want to scratch.

“The only truthful answer that I can give you is there is always going to be a coaching itch … always. I don’t think that will ever go,” Scott said.

“The choice is do you choose to scratch that itch? That is not something I have contemplated to this point.”

Scott said he had relished the senior position at the AFL this season.

“I love the role at the AFL. I see the really important role,” Scott said.

“The game has given me so much, this role is partly giving a bit back to the game.”

Brad Scott declares his conflict of interest in deciding the North Melbourne Draft Assistance package while being in active discussions with rival club for a potential coaching role.

Mark Robinson - Chief Football Writer - Herald Sun.

28/09/200

Brad Scott has made the huge call to throw his hat in the ring for the Essendon coaching job and will interview for the role on Thursday. The former North Melbourne coach will interview for the Essendon coaching job on Thursday. This comes after he had a role in deciding the Draft Assistance package awarded to his former club and this writer believes that the situation exposes a clear conflict of interest that has the potential to provoke a fresh integrity enquiry into the beleaguered AFL.

Obviously, the above is a work of complete fiction and it's posted here for satirical purposes only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be head and shoulders their best candidate.

And what's more is he will make them better.

But when it turns and goes poorly, and it will, the implosion will be spectacular.

Clarkson will be our coach and Scott yours.

Only 1 club is *ed…..
I do find it fascinating how much leeway you give certain coaches over others...but hey, if you're pro-racism then you do you.

I do find it fascinating how much leeway you give certain coaches over others...but hey, if you're pro-racism then you do you.
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Pro truth. You have heard 1 side to a story. Maybe wait for the other side before jumping on your high horse.

Hopefully you also bring back dirty hirdy as well. I’m anti drugs FWIW.

Timing is everything - this just dropped;

Under-fire former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson has declared “in the strongest and most emphatic terms possible” that he vehemently denies harrowing allegations by First Nations players and partners in an explosive Hawthorn report.
He expressed his concerns surrounding a “fair process” and warned “I will not hesitate to take further steps to protect my position and reputation should that be necessary”.

Bang goes Clarko!!

It’s not even that. Its not the burn you think it is.
It’s knowing Clarko is our coach and Scott is yours.
It’s, well f** it’s like Christmas

Unless it’s Hird. Then it’s like ten Christmas’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back