T20I T20 World Cup Game 5 Afghanistan v Uganda, June 4 1000hrs @ Providence Stadium Guyana

Who will win?

• Uganda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Afghanistan from, Rashid Khan (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Ishaq, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Nangyal Kharoti, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik. Reserves: Sediq Atal, Hazratullah Zazai, Saleem Safi
Uganda from, Brian Masaba (c), Simon Ssesazi, Roger Mukasa, Cosmas Kyewuta, Dinesh Nakrani, Fred Achelam, Kenneth Waiswa, Alpesh Ramjani, Frank Nsubuga, Henry Ssenyondo, Bilal Hassun, Robinson Obuya, Riazat Ali Shah, Juma Miyaji, Ronak Patel. Travelling Reserves: Innocent Mwebaze, Ronald Lutaaya

Having watched both the Windies v PNG and then the Namibia v Oman; I think some of the bigger nations are not used to playing these smaller nations and are still a bit of an unknown to them. Also, the lack of pace in some of the PNG and Oman bowlers would have been a surprise.
One of the things that these smaller countries have going for them, is that they are still an unknown and there is limited footage of their games

Uganda bowl first

Uganda XI: Simon Ssesazi, Roger Mukasa, Ronak Patel, Riazat Ali Shah, Dinesh Nakrani, Alpesh Ramjani, Robinson Obuya, Brian Masaba, Bilal Hassan, Cosmas Kweyuta, Henry Ssenyondo

Afghanistan XI: Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

All the ****ed stuff aside, it's nice to see Afghanistan make another team look like a minnow.

Why don't you just make a thread for the whole Group stage of the tournament lol
Eh, its the winter season without any Aussie tests, not like the forum is overwhelmed with posts. I appreciate the seperated posts so you can easily go and have a look if you're watching on replay (which most people probably are) rather than trying to find which page of a thread is to do with afghanistan and uganda

Eh, its the winter season without any Aussie tests, not like the forum is overwhelmed with posts. I appreciate the seperated posts so you can easily go and have a look if you're watching on replay (which most people probably are) rather than trying to find which page of a thread is to do with afghanistan and uganda

Fair enough all good, some of the games won't have alot of attraction that's all I was thinking. Some of the completed ones have 20 posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have the BBC commentary on and they pointed out that there were two Ugandans in the East Africa side that played in the 1975 World Cup.

Donald Glover Pizza GIF

Come back from getting lunch in the innings break

These 2 (Riazat and Nakrani) are arguably Uganda's 2 best bats but there's very little after them.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20I T20 World Cup Game 5 Afghanistan v Uganda, June 4 1000hrs @ Providence Stadium Guyana

Back