Remove this Banner Ad

Re: TAC Cup - Kids to look at

Find me a carbon copy of this man ...

Carlton+FC+Training+Session+CWlYHBO6RDtl.jpg

Find me a carbon copy of this man ...

Carlton+FC+Training+Session+CWlYHBO6RDtl.jpg

7x1156_dt.jpg

Has copped some criticism for wearing the helmet, but has a bit of a soft underbelly. Responds very well to a roast, will wedge himself into the best 22 and chip in with some handy performances, especially when temaed up with big Sauce.

Make sure you see the WA side J. Very talented team that move the ball extremely well. They'll have quite a few players drafted inside the top 20.

Will do.

Probably going to head down for the Div 1 games this afternoon.

Enjoying watching the first game on Foxtel and probably isn't worth heading down for the 2nd game but I'll see how I go.

Tasmania
Crichton looks a good one, not as mature as the others but he'd be a good get.
Green is also a pretty good player, young but fairly mature.
Boon - very physically mature, might be worth as a later pick perhaps.

NSW
Well they are all tied up by other clubs.

QLD
Fowler & Hutchinson are nicely built tall key position forwards. Could be good prospects, moves pretty well. They haven't done a lot to impress though.

NT
Ah Chee is the stand out player.
McAdam is a good classy player.
Troy Taylor looks a good tall player, pretty light still.

We need to stop using our rookie picks to pick old duds from other clubs, Hooper(VC) would be an interesting pick as a rookie.

Vic Country
Rohan looks a very good player, fast ranga, links up well and knows how to use his pace. Loves to take the game on.
John Butcher we won't get.
Martin is a good sized on baller who can find the footy. Pace/fitness questionable?

WA
Swallow is a good running midfielder.
Matera looks all class and could end up being a top line small forward or midfielder. Could end up being a Didak or Steve Johnson type.
Morabito really did well extracting the ball from the center for WA and managed to find plenty of it.
Colyer is small but bloody quick and knows how to use it. Can kick goals and would look good in a forward pocket.
Lucas looks to be a good running player with plenty of endurance, skill and dimensions to his game.

VicM
Gaff is Kade Simpson. Kicking looks good, probably turn out bigger than Simpson. Can get the ball.
Talia is a tall defender that I like the look of. Can find the footy.
Fitzpatrick is a 201cm player that has ok skills and is very mobile and quick. Marking and kicking are questionable.
Carlisle is a tall player that looks like he can take a grab. Maybe we could grab him with a later pick or rookie if we aren't able to snare any other talls.
Skully is a good allround midfielder, hard working, hard at it.
Toy is an excellent kick, long and accurate. Looks like an attacking half back, can find the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we might need 1 forward, but we need midfielders/flankers with pace and skill and we need an inside on baller.

Pace
Gaff
Ah Chee - very good
Rohan - very good, very quick
Colyer - very fast
Lucas
Most of the WA side and a lot of the NT boys

Talls
Talia - might not be that tall.
Carlisle - he's the best from what I saw.
Fowler - forward
Hutchinson - forward. Defender?
Troy Taylor
Butcher

Inside onballers
Skully - very good
Green
Ah Chee - very good
McAdam
Rohan - very good
Martin
Morabito - Very good
Lucas

We need a goo dinside on baller and pace much more than we need talls.
We have 2 midfielders with genuine pace Judd and Simpson, not good enough. We don't have a good rover and can't get it out of the guts.

We have plenty of talls. It's just we are struggling with injuries with them.

I recon Colyer might fall to a late pick because he's pretty short but he's lightning and skillful so height means nothing, he knows how to use his pace.

I would love to get Rohan.

I was very impressed with Morabito how he got the ball out of the center when the game was in the balance. He performed when it counted. 2 Qualities we have lacked since Kouta retired. He's a big bodied midfielder like we need.

we might need 1 forward, but we need midfielders/flankers with pace and skill and we need an inside on baller.

Pace
Gaff
Ah Chee - very good
Rohan - very good, very quick
Colyer - very fast
Lucas
Most of the WA side and a lot of the NT boys

Talls
Talia - might not be that tall.
Carlisle - he's the best from what I saw.
Fowler - forward
Hutchinson - forward. Defender?
Troy Taylor
Butcher

Inside onballers
Skully - very good
Green
Ah Chee - very good
McAdam
Rohan - very good
Martin
Morabito - Very good
Lucas

We need a goo dinside on baller and pace much more than we need talls.
We have 2 midfielders with genuine pace Judd and Simpson, not good enough. We don't have a good rover and can't get it out of the guts.

We have plenty of talls. It's just we are struggling with injuries with them.

We're talking key forwards, not backmen, resting ruckman and oversized wingman/flankers. Don't fall into the trap of only looking at the present and immediate future. It has been a problem for quite a few years for those who can use foresight.

Interesting to hear anyone's thoughts on Sean Tighe. He didn't represent Vic Metro but has been playing really well for the Jets. KPP on both sides of the ground.

For this draft i reckon we should get a couple a talls:

Pick 1 Key Forward ( Matthew Panos)

Pick 2 Quick mid (Tavis Coyler)

Pick 3 Tall Forward or back (Jake Carlisle)

well I kept my eye out for forwards who could:
1. Take contested marks (mark with body contact).
2. Lead and present well.
3. Good body size and height.
4. Speed and fast movements (no slow players or lumbering players).
5. Kicking.

Carlisle looked the best for me. Butcher looked very good last year but didn't look as good this year.
It's really hard to tell from one game though.

There are nowhere near as many good talls this year, but there are plenty of smaller players adn running players.

Talia looked bloody good. Disposal, smarts, ball handling and athleticism are all there. I think he's a pretty good stopper. I dunno what he's like as a forward.

If he's there when we have a pick we should grab him but I dunno about that.

I recon Colyer might fall to a late pick because he's pretty short but he's lightning and skillful so height means nothing, he knows how to use his pace.

I would love to get Rohan.

I was very impressed with Morabito how he got the ball out of the center when the game was in the balance. He performed when it counted. 2 Qualities we have lacked since Kouta retired. He's a big bodied midfielder like we need.
:thumbsu: He was the "Flying Ranga" right.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup - Kids to look at (Circa 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back