Tac - Finals Series and Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tac - Finals Series

goallinegg said:
Dawes has did his ACL last week, has to have a knee reco, could this affect his draft prosepects
Not as serious as first thought apparanetly with Dawes.O'Keefe and Kennedy-Hunt both went down yesterday as well with O'Keefe stretchered off and had his knee in a huge brace at games end.

MrX... said:
Sooo what games are on next week??
can someone give whos playin.. times... grounds.... or any??
All games are played at MC labour Park aka Optus Oval aka Princess Park
The games are as follows:

11:10 AM
Sat 16/Sep
MC Labour Park
Second Semi-Final
Geelong Falcons
vs
Oakleigh Chargers

2:00 PM
Sat 16/Sep
MC Labour Park
First Semi-Final
North Ballarat Rebels
vs
Northern Knights

Ozzie72 said:
Kennedy Hunt broke his ankle well thats what i have been told

O'Keefe stretchered off with a knee in the first quarter. Kennedy-Hunt with an ankle in the second. Both landed awkwardly in marking contests. Travis Boak didn't play. If those 3 don't line-up next week even Oakleigh might beat them.

A big factor (IMO) in the Power win on Saturday was that the side contained 9 of last years winning GF team. Eddy, Goldsack, Hansen, Ross, Johnson, Vernon, Youle, Ryan, Delphine.

Their experience in the last quarter along with Hughes, Morgan & Macaffer (all of whom played at some stage last year) helped them get over the line despite kicking to the end at which only 2 goals had been kicked up to 3/4 time.

I believe that this experience will be crucial in the coming weeks as they aim to go BTB.

What do others think? Is it a big factor?

The decider

Geelong V Oakleigh this saturday, who will win? i believe whoever wins this game will go all the way and win the flag. what are your thoughts?. Have oakleigh got a chance of beating Geelong? Are geelong to strong? who will win this years flag and why?

Re: The decider

Game really tightens up with O'Keefe and Kennedy-Hunt missing from the Geelong team. Oakleigh's stocks have been boosted in recent weeks and had a good win leading into the finals against Gippsland. Kelly and Otten were dominant in that game but Ryan and Hansen weren't playing. Gray was missing for Oakleigh.

Wouldn't be surprised if Oakleigh were to win and set up a big clash against the Power in the Preliminary.

With no certainty, I believe that the Power can go all the way as they have 9players backing up from last years GF and it was this experience that helped them get over the line against the Rebels. The week off though can lead to a slow start in the Prelim which was evidenced by the Power last year against the Knights. They can't afford to let sides like Geelong or Oakleigh get the jump on them or they may find it hard to peg back.

Oakleigh's problem is the big blokes at either end. Dean Kelly, Robbie Gray and Andy Otten have been in the goals but none is a genuine KP player. At the other end they have struggled as well.

Similar story at Geelong.

Both sides are basically midfield-heavy and get all their goals from midfield.

With O'Keefe out and if Boak doesn't play - Oakleigh might have the midfield depth.

If Ainger can handle Scott and Goldstein can beat Staveniuter and Henderson ... then Oakleigh could certainly cause the upset.

North Ballarat should beat Northern. Northern rely a little too much on a couple of indiviuals whereas North Ballarat have contributors all over the field. Can't see Bongetti, Colbert and Spiteri presenting too many problems for the rock-solid Rebels defence.

Geelong might struggle to kick goals with the absense of Kennedy-Hunt and O'Keefe.

It'd look like they'd need Banjanin (not sure wats wrong with him) to play, and allow Henderson to play the whole game at FF.

They might even be forced to use a guy like Schofield or Hornsey deep forward to kick some goals. They need Boak to play.

is Geelong a 1 man side? what are these excuses?? its TAC theres alot of talent to replace there shoes

Weaver said:
North Ballarat should beat Northern. Northern rely a little too much on a couple of indiviuals whereas North Ballarat have contributors all over the field. Can't see Bongetti, Colbert and Spiteri presenting too many problems for the rock-solid Rebels defence.
I Disagree. Northerns strength seems to be that they have so many options to go through. Players can go forward or back and not upset the structure. The winner of this match will win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JamesN said:
is Geelong a 1 man side? what are these excuses?? its TAC theres alot of talent to replace there shoes

Geelong has struggled to find consistent goalkickers all season. O'Keefe (32) and Kennedy-Hunt (26) are their top two. Other than the wingmen Hogan and Couch ... they are now looking at Henderson (13), Scott (13) and Staveniuter (8).

Any team is going to be vunerable when their top two goal kickers are out. They will still start favourites.

Weaver said:
Geelong has struggled to find consistent goalkickers all season. O'Keefe (32) and Kennedy-Hunt (26) are their top two. Other than the wingmen Hogan and Couch ... they are now looking at Henderson (13), Scott (13) and Staveniuter (8).

Any team is going to be vunerable when their top two goal kickers are out. They will still start favourites.

He also played APS and finished the season with around 26 goals from the 10 mathches, playing alot at CHF, so he will still be a reliable goal kicker.

A Little Leverage 4 Jezza said:
I Disagree. Northerns strength seems to be that they have so many options to go through. Players can go forward or back and not upset the structure. The winner of this match will win the flag.

how can u say this when gippsland are peaking at the very right moment?

its gippsland for me.
north will choke under pressure.

Re: GrandFinal

JamesN said:
well its gonna be a good final series, certainly interesting.. big question is will ballarat choke

what have u guys thought of last weekends action?
ballarat choked, but i think they will get up this w/e.

What is Geelongs excuse this time?

Geelong made excuses that they lost their final bcoz they were nervous etc.. today they went down to chargers by around 40 points!. whats there excuse this time? certainly chargers couldnt win by that margin. but to beet them its remarkable.

The Rebels like last year are out of the finals race in straight sets.. Although leading at 3 quarter time the knights ran over the rebels to win by 4-5 goals...

Re: What is Geelongs excuse this time?

Wasn't there, but Dean Kelly kicked 5 for the Chargers...

If this kid has to wait until the Rookie Draft to get picked up, I will be STUNNED.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tac - Finals Series and Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back