Tait, Cullen, Fergusen - Australia's future!

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerKop

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mark my words these 3 youngsters will play for Australia, and will play for a very long time. To think people are suggesting Jaques as a possible Australian selection. What an absolute joke. Fergusen is 20 years old and a huge talent. 700 runs @ 40 was a good first class return for a player in his first year and would stack up pretty well in comparasin to old man Jaques, who has scored most of his runs in sub standard English county cricket.

We all know Taity is AUstralia's new fast bowling prodigy, and Cullen is Australia's most exciting finger spinner for decades.

Exciting times ahead for Australian cricket!

i agree with most of that, but i think jaques will be in the team before furgeson, but it wont be for a while cos hayden and langer are going along nicely and will be around for another couple of years. the other two also have another couple of years, but they will definately be there.

TigerFan said:
saw Ferguson today, and was very, very impressed - and he's only 20 :).

and hasn't Tait already played for Australia? :D

i meant tait has another couple of years to improve and cement a spot in the team. i dont think he has done enough to jump straight back into the team when he recovers from his injury.

sportsmaaad said:
i agree with most of that, but i think jaques will be in the team before furgeson, but it wont be for a while cos hayden and langer are going along nicely and will be around for another couple of years. the other two also have another couple of years, but they will definately be there.
If Hayden and Langer are around for a couple more years, then Jaques will be around 30 by the time he makes his debut, while Fergy will be 22 and tearing up the Pura Cup.

sportsmaaad said:
i meant tait has another couple of years to improve and cement a spot in the team. i dont think he has done enough to jump straight back into the team when he recovers from his injury.

to be perfectly honest, I don't think he ever will.

I view express bowlers this way...

would they be any good if they dropped 10-20km/h?

in Tait's case, the answer is no.

TigerFan said:
to be perfectly honest, I don't think he ever will.

I view express bowlers this way...

would they be any good if they dropped 10-20km/h?

in Tait's case, the answer is no.
there is more to Tait then just pure pace, unlike Lee. He is able to swing the ball, both conventionally and irish.

PowerKop said:
If Hayden and Langer are around for a couple more years, then Jaques will be around 30 by the time he makes his debut, while Fergy will be 22 and tearing up the Pura Cup.

what? u don't think langer and hayden will be around for a couple more years or dont u think they will pick jaques at 30?

PowerKop said:
there is more to Tait then just pure pace, unlike Lee. He is able to swing the ball, both conventionally and irish.

imagine if Stuart MacGill bowled 70km/h quicker, and bowled no wicket balls...

that's Shaun Tait.

the only thing quicker than Tait is the ball as it goes back past him for four.

sportsmaaad said:
or dont u think they will pick jaques at 30?
yes, theres no point replacing an outgoing player with a player that will only be around for a couple of years, unless there form has been absolutely exceptional at domestic level, like Boofa's was when he was picked in the later stages of his career.

they will play a big part but u have forgotten jaques, who played a good knock today, i know langers playing good, but we might need to think about replacing both current openers with younger players before the replacements get too old ie jaques

PowerKop said:
Mark my words these 3 youngsters will play for Australia, and will play for a very long time. To think people are suggesting Jaques as a possible Australian selection. What an absolute joke. Fergusen is 20 years old and a huge talent. 700 runs @ 40 was a good first class return for a player in his first year and would stack up pretty well in comparasin to old man Jaques, who has scored most of his runs in sub standard English county cricket.

We all know Taity is AUstralia's new fast bowling prodigy, and Cullen is Australia's most exciting finger spinner for decades.

Exciting times ahead for Australian cricket!
The problem is, these guys don't play for NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paralowiepower said:
The problem is, these guys don't play for NSW.

sadly this statement is true, but hopefully they will play alot for australia sometime in the near future

Cullen is going to be a gun, his flight, curve and spin was sensational.

Heard during the commentary that an 18 year old by the name of Tom Cooper was in the runs at First Grade Level and has been earmarked as a player for the future

Today was the first time I have seen this Cullen bloke bowl, and let me tell you, he looks pretty damn good bowling wise.

Flight, turn, control - it was all there.

Should be playing one dayers right now as the spinner....

LIONS then DAYLIGHT said:
Id go as far to say that Cullen is better than Ashley Giles already, a lot better indeed.

ill have to agree with that, giles would have trouble turning it on the pitch where clarke took 6/9 in india

TigerFan said:
imagine if Stuart MacGill bowled 70km/h quicker, and bowled no wicket balls...

that's Shaun Tait.

the only thing quicker than Tait is the ball as it goes back past him for four.
oh dear.

Mate your clueless. I'll stop there.

You know scarcely little about Shaun Tait's bowling and are showing it.

But hey, don't let that stop you.

Why has he been absolutely dominant over both forms in the domestic competition for two years I ask?

Its because he's the countries number one strike bowler. And is genuinely good.
He attacks and he delivers.

Thankyou :)

apollo_creed said:
oh dear.

Mate your clueless. I'll stop there.

You know scarcely little about Shaun Tait's bowling and are showing it.

But hey, don't let that stop you.

Why has he been absolutely dominant over both forms in the domestic competition for two years I ask?

Its because he's the countries number one strike bowler. And is genuinely good. He attacks and he delivers.

Thankyou :)

come back to me when Tait's average doesn't match his strike rate.

Must be a bloody good good strike rate. :D

But i agree these 3 will all play for Australia and will all do well,
Why are we comparing Jacques and Fergusen though
one is a an opening batsman who still has 10 years of cricket left in him, who made plenty of runs last pura cup season (2nd most runs for the year i think behind Bevan)
While the other is a top-middle order batsman with 15 years of cricket left, who did make some runs last year but not nearly as much as Jacques (i understand he is younger and has time to develop)
i think the both will play together

Remove this Banner Ad

Tait, Cullen, Fergusen - Australia's future!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back