Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Hi everyone... again.

Welcome to Version 3 of the Adelaide Board goal kicking game, in the continuing interim to be known as (drumroll) the BT Goalkicking Game, in honour of the two tipsters who led the way in Version 2 - Brown_WOOLF and Tarasque36.

We've added a theme song to the competition this time around. It sucks but is mercifully short:
Boy oh boy
Wowee
Kick a goal
With BT

Once again we didn't have a clear winner, which means that the Grand Prize - competition naming rights - is still up for grabs. Is anyone ever going to win this thing? Maybe I should just name it after myself.

The second rendition of the competition ramped up the tension, added a couple of twists and got rid of a few loopholes. The good news is that because we're all so hopeless at picking goalkickers there will be time this season to squeeze another round in.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to PM me comments, feedback, rule suggestions and abuse about the competition. Overall the feedback on the competition has been... solid. Here's a few (anonymous) examples people sent me that give a general picture of the mood of the competitors:

"That sub rule is complete bullshit."
"Immunity Cards are gay and so are you."
"You're the most arrogant poster on the board. Get over yourself."
"Why don't you do the transcripts anymore?"
"Do you know why Crow-mo got banned?"

So thanks people. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take any of your suggestions on board, mostly because they are poorly thought out, illogical and would make the game significantly worse.

Ok... that's enough waffle. We need to get on to the rules and other waffle.

Executive Summary of Rules
You have to pick a goal kicker each week. If they kick one you go on to the next round. You can’t pick the same player twice. Last one left wins.

Fineprint

Emergency
You need to name a goal kicker plus an emergency each week. Should your goal kicker not get selected or be a late withdrawal then you get your emergency.

Eg you might select “Taylor Walker (Kurt Tippett)”

In this case Walker would be your goal kicker with Tippett as your emergency if Walker pulls out.

Substitute
You can opt to do the following if you would like to:

“Taylor Walker (SUB Kurt Tippett)”

In this case Walker would be your goal kicker with Tippett as your emergency if Walker pulls out OR if Walker is named as the sub. However, please keep in mind that in the case above, if Walker is the sub and comes on, he kicks a goal but Tippett doesn’t… then you are out.

The Slippery Slope
One of the weaknesses of the competition is that after a while it ends up with only a handful of competitors. Interest wanes and the last few rounds drag out, sort of like the last minute of a basketball game. For that reason, when we get to the ‘business end’ of the competition we are going to expediate matters.

Once we’re down to 10 tipsters or less remaining we will move to double speed. The remaining tipsters will need to pick two goal kickers each round, a first choice and a second choice until we get an ultimate winner.

We will also switch to secret ballot for this double speed period. Tipsters will need to PM me their selections and I’ll publish them just prior to the game. The positives are that this adds an element of cloak and dagger to the competition and for me it’s kind of exciting to get mail.

Immunity
If your goal kicking choice kicks the first goal of the game (the game... not just the first Crows’ goal) you buy yourself an Immunity Card. This will effectively get you out of jail should one of your goal kicking choices finish empty handed. And you can bank more than one Immunity Card if you're a particularly savvy operator.

Absenteeism
If you don’t get your selection in you are instantly eliminated, except in the case that you have snared an Immunity Card.

Conclusion for the tl,dr people
Selections must be in by the first bouce
You can't select the same player twice
You make your selections in this thread
You can change your mind right up until the first bounce
No ****ters

Good luck!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Take 3... The BT Goalkicking Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back