Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

For years, as we played Finals, but failed to make the big dance ....this board continuously remonstrated the Club needed to bottom out, to have access to the best players in the Draft ....the narrative was, we were a middling club until we did bottom out

As soon as we do .....the natives don't accept the consequences .....it was a romantic ideology by supporters, but without the required patience
You miss the whole point. The inefficiency of our rebuild is what people are rightly critical of. We have had way too many first round failures which means the rebuild is taking far too long. If we don’t nail this off season for our midfield we run the very real risk of a rebuild failure.

I agree, but the claim was that no other (similar) coach has been handed a list in as bad a shape as ours.

Our list wasn't good, but it wasn't 0-13 historically bad levels of bad. A competent club would have had that list winning at least some of our early games.

Most of the major issues were stuff you highlighted. Not training hard during the shutdown is a coaching and culture issue. Horrendous (all time worst) assistant coaching panel. Ongoing camp damage. Covid sanctions. Rob Chapman and Andrew Fagan still there.

Actually the first 2 words in my post were "Serious question". It wasnt a claim. Perhaps we have a different way of viewing things. I see players not getting along and poor club culture as partially a list problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back