Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like people have completely misused the term "choke"

Greg Norman choked blowing a 5 stroke lead
Crows choked in 93 prelim blowing a 43 point lead
Bulldogs choked 97 prelim
etc etc

Port just got ahead of themselves and believed their own hype but you cant choke in a game that you didn't even turn up to
You really think the doggies choked in 97prelim? Tough call on our boys who were superb all day.

Our first half kicking gave the doggies their lead but after half time, we straightened up and slowly worked back into the game. I've been to lots of games where you know in your heart early on that we're going to lose. I never had that feeling in that game.
And as an aside, I had the most perfect angle of the Liberatore "goal". To my eye it was always a point....but I was happy the goal umpire agreed. It was close but I never felt it was a goal.

Best day I've ever had at the footy. Even the following week can't eclipse that prelim.
I remember being there with an old friend, Rick Schoff. Some of our older posters might remember he was ex Sturt and SA player. Well, at the end of that prelim, Rick had tears in his eyes and told me "I've seen some pretty good moments on this ground but that game takes the cake".

We were good that day especially after losing Modra early on...(second quarter I think).
Doggies just didn't have enough to stop us ultimately but I never saw their day as a choke. IMO😁

I feel like people have completely misused the term "choke"

Greg Norman choked blowing a 5 stroke lead
Crows choked in 93 prelim blowing a 43 point lead
Bulldogs choked 97 prelim
etc etc

Port just got ahead of themselves and believed their own hype but you cant choke in a game that you didn't even turn up to
This is nitpicking imo. It's a phrase that's been extended to include a heavy favourite losing to an underdog. They didn't choke from a winning position during the actual game but face planting like that, when you've had a consistent season, is itself a type of choking. They previously demonstrated a standard of footy that they couldn't replicate when it mattered most.

Going out on a limb & shoot me down in flames if u will, i'm enough of a regular on this board to know how it works. Got a text from a mate, who has contacts who'd know...Dawson has agreed to terms with the AFC, formal announcement imminent.

Yeah baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not crows related, but a bit of interesting gossip. Off-air after the 5AA interview this week, Ken hinkley and tredrea had a large verbal altication about the article tredrea wrote.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
NTUA

Another fine example..

Personally what I've seen is all poort. Can't even remember a crow I've seen down sem. I remember pickett waiting in the medium strip down semaphore road while I drove past. Also saw that number 1 ticket holder for poort actress once. Also Ebert and tredders at the pirate life place. That area pretty littered with poort
I was going to ask if you ran Pickett over but remembering his bump on Biglands, your car probably would have come off second best.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Not crows related, but a bit of interesting gossip. Off-air after the 5AA interview this week, Ken hinkley and tredrea had a large verbal altication about the article tredrea wrote.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I heard a rumour that there's been a bit of a push from a section of "influential" Port Adelaide people to get Hinkley out. Tredders, along with Tim Ginivear were the names mentioned in that group. Koch seems to be backing Hinkley in though, so I don't think they'll get anywhere.

Kane Cornes mentioned there had been a lot of anger coming from the club about Port media people being so negative over the PF loss, so there seems to be some tension between a lot of people ATM.

I heard a rumour that there's been a bit of a push from a section of "influential" Port Adelaide people to get Hinkley out. Tredders, along with Tim Ginivear were the names mentioned in that group. Koch seems to be backing Hinkley in though, so I don't think they'll get anywhere.

Kane Cornes mentioned there had been a lot of anger coming from the club about Port media people being so negative over the PF loss, so there seems to be some tension between a lot of people ATM.
Isn’t there a push to get Koch out too?

Dawson heading to Port apparently....

Coming from some lads from the bays
Any comment from anyone at 2am in the morning, has to be reconfirmed once the hangover has subsided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back