News Talia signs for 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news. :thumbsu:

Talia will be a key backman for us for close to another decade IMO.

Next I want to hear about a 10 year extension to Dangerfield's contract. :thumbsu:

Danger deserves a knight-hood IMO.

"Rise Sir Patrick" :)

I want a Dangerfield statue as part of the Adelaide Oval Redevelopment. F*** it lets name a stand after him too!

24832140.jpg

Wonderful young bloke and part of what is becoming the most likable, accessible group of players I've supported at the club. There is real character in this group. Tex, Danger, Sloane, Sauce, Wrighty, Pets, many more. It was a privilege to support the old firm of McLeod, Ricciuto, Hart, Edwards and co. but as big a statement as it is it feels like there is something extra special about the side we have right now. I don't know if it's because they're closer to me in age, or because we so closely followed Tex as he came through the ranks off the scholarship list, ergo a few more of those sorts of bonds, but I love our side at the moment. Feels like they'll leave a significant mark on the club.

I would be really interested to hear how some of the older supporters feel, having watched our first successful side come through the ranks, and now seeing this new generation.

Wonderful young bloke and part of what is becoming the most likable, accessible group of players I've supported at the club. There is real character in this group. Tex, Danger, Sloane, Sauce, Wrighty, Pets, many more. It was a privilege to support the old firm of McLeod, Ricciuto, Hart, Edwards and co. but as big a statement as it is it feels like there is something extra special about the side we have right now. I don't know if it's because they're closer to me in age, or because we so closely followed Tex as he came through the ranks off the scholarship list, ergo a few more of those sorts of bonds, but I love our side at the moment. Feels like they'll leave a significant mark on the club.

I would be really interested to hear how some of the older supporters feel, having watched our first successful side come through the ranks, and now seeing this new generation.

I think it is got a lot to do with a couple of things. With the media rights deals done recently, there is a lot more media exposure for these guys and together with social media (i.e. Twitter) you get an insight into the lives of these guys. You can see their personalities come out more via Twitter rather than the mundane press conferences.

That being said, we have a couple of real characters within the group who seem to be given a free reign to express themselves without the usual censorship enforced on a lot of other clubs.

I think a lot of this comes down to Sando and encouraging the guys to be themselves and to embrace the spotlight.

Stoked to have players commit and so early without the bullshit.

Couldn't agree more EC. Says more about a players commitment to the club than anything they can regurgitate in front of a camera and microphone.

The Carlton flogs will be upset. I'm sure most of them are still building their future backline around him.

Yeehaa! Good to see Nobes is all over the front loaded contracts and making use of the Tippett ca$h.
Tippett leaving could have really done us a favour as it is allowing us to sign up our young talent to long-term deals, giving more stability to the club. These guys like Talia committing to AFC are also more deserving of the $'s than someone who couldn't wait to go "home" to Sydney.

Hopefully with the front loading, we will be able to smartly top-up the list next season.

They'll save them rumours for Smac from about Round 16.
Great news - Thanks Tals

Not too sure they'll be only rumours unless the big fella extracts the digit big time.

The "POTENTIAL" card must surely be just about be played out unless Smac starts to put some serious runs on the board pronto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff!

What a stuff up by melbourne (gysbets) and carlton (lucas)...

A Carlton supporter was waxing lyrical over Lucas when he kicked his first goal last Friday night so I asked him if he would be willing to swap Lucas for Talia. His reply was that they don't need Talia because they have Henderson and Jamison.

And then Tex started to get serious.......................................:rolleyes:

A Carlton supporter was waxing lyrical over Lucas when he kicked his first goal last Friday night so I asked him if he would be willing to swap Lucas for Talia. His reply was that they don't need Talia because they have Henderson and Jamison.

And then Tex started to get serious.......................................:rolleyes:
I don't mind Henderson, seems to have found his place down back, but yea, wouldn't be saying you don't need Talia because of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Talia signs for 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back