Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just flicked it over to Talking Footy they are talking to the 'Big Fish' Paul Salmon.

I think it might be a half hour delayed here in Adelaide...

But just finished watching the Bit about Wayne Carey on Sports tonight and rumours that he might join Adelaide are becoming almost realistic..

Sydney are slightly interested it seems but Melbourne Clubs are not..

they did not mention any other inter state clubs !

Very interesting news !!

Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by Bridgette
No Rex

I am not surprised that they won't mention that incident, Rex runs the channel 7 footy shows, pretty much the same as Eddie does on 9.

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by mantis

I am not surprised that they won't mention that incident, Rex runs the channel 7 footy shows, pretty much the same as Eddie does on 9.

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Echoing what she said, plus given the editorial totem pole of matters here...

All things considered, the Carey rumours being substantiated, and current Bomber happenings with Paul Salmon is certainly more important than the smoking/non-smoking policies at Optus Oval...

IMO, I think this story has run its course unless either (a) John Elliott is dragged into it, no pun intended, or (b) 3AW seeks to investigate the inner workings or subtext of Rex's comments.

Cheers,
William

Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

SHAME SHAME SHAME
Does MONOGOPOLY come into it somewhere ????

Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by you_idiot
IMO, I think this story has run its course unless either (a) John Elliott is dragged into it, no pun intended, or (b) 3AW seeks to investigate the inner workings or subtext of Rex's comments.

Cheers,
William

Sorry, but I feel that Rex should be raked over the coals for his actions, as I have said elsewhere, if a supporter carried on like him, all the media would be calling for their blood.

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Always enjoy catching up with Salmon - a good bloke.

Wish him the best this year (except when he comes up against Darcy)

Fish is a great bloke I agree, just hope he earns his money at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Sorry, but I feel that Rex should be raked over the coals for his actions, as I have said elsewhere, if a supporter carried on like him, all the media would be calling for their blood.

I agree, Sandie-- what he did was simply deplorable. But where is the media outcry? A whimper here, a whinge there... other than that, I hear close to nothing.

This thing is going to die, and quite honestly, it shouldn't.

Cheers,
William

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

No ! Good on Rex for taking a stand ! Smoking is a disgusting habit and should be banned in all public places. How anyone could pay for and contribute to their death baffles me ! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jars458
Talking Footy vs Korea v Italy

No contest
Yeah, Caro would've eaten half of the Italian side alive.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by eastaugh36

No ! Good on Rex for taking a stand ! Smoking is a disgusting habit and should be banned in all public places. How anyone could pay for and contribute to their death baffles me ! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE
if thats the case then easty you should condone people who purchase cars.
i swear australia is still a free country.
cheers!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by tiger of old

[/QUOTE
if thats the case then easty you should condone people who purchase cars.
i swear australia is still a free country.
cheers!

cars are more of a necessity. Smoking is not. Yeah we are a free country so we should not have to put up with disgusting people when we go out in public, passive smoking etc. Some people look after themselves

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

cars are more of a necessity. Smoking is not. Yeah we are a free country so we should not have to put up with disgusting people when we go out in public, passive smoking etc. Some people look after themselves

the smoke produced by one car more than makes up for it.........if you were true to your word you would have the same attitude towards them..........and they kill people in more than one way.......

The supporter concerned paid extra money for his seat in that stand so he could smoke which is sanctioned by the ground owners. He also said if asked he would have stopped instead he had to put up with people abused in front of many people and now shown in the media right across the country.

If I was that supporter I would be suing Rex and 3AW for plenty on the grounds of racial abuse.......and I'm sure Rex 3AW could be in trouble with the code that radio stations must abide by.

I hope we haven't heard the end of this...........

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talking Footy

Originally posted by dreamkillers
If I was that supporter I would be suing Rex and 3AW for plenty on the grounds of racial abuse.......and I'm sure Rex 3AW could be in trouble with the code that radio stations must abide by.

I hope we haven't heard the end of this...........

This is the real issue, and not the smokescreen (pun intended) of the smokers' rights debate.

Rex Hunt, whether intentionally or by some euphemistic means, insulted the guy for reason of accident of birthplace. Rex may have a point over his workplace environment, but he went way over the top in expressing himself.

3AW should either take Rex aside and offer a "please explain", or else investigate the matter, or else there will be a messy lawsuit forthcoming.

We haven't heard the end of this, I'm sure of that...

Cheers,
William

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back