Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What is going on at Thurgoona, 3rd flogging in a row. They didn’t lose that many from last year did they?
Are Thurgoona financially sound? Or did they spend it all winning their recent premierships. Would have to think they wouldn’t even be spending half of the cap at the moment, maybe they pinch some penny’s and go again in a few years. They would’ve been spending overs when the Albury boys were there no doubt.

Leather and Thread isn’t half the company and empire your brothers have built.

Rutherglen and Wahgunyah sat around preying on Corowa to crumble for their own future. The cluster doesn’t need clubs like Rutherglen and Wahgunyah , we need Corowa.

Time for the “brains trust’s” in charge at these clubs to do what’s best for the community and merge with corowa, or disappear

Haven’t you heard the ads on SEN? Even down here in Melbourne…buy stuff from Geoff and he will freight anywhere in aus for 59 bucks…business must be booming…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just reading Mitta have junior sides again, good for them, what did they do to get strong numbers again? How did they bounce back? Losing juniors is generally the beginning of the end.
We've had excellent number in the u/12s the past few years, which is the reason for the 4ths. The 3rds have been about 4 to 5 players short most years, and have managed to finally get enough. A couple of blokes have put in a power of work to get the teams up though, it's definitely not easy.

We've had excellent number in the u/12s the past few years, which is the reason for the 4ths. The 3rds have been about 4 to 5 players short most years, and have managed to finally get enough. A couple of blokes have put in a power of work to get the teams up though, it's definitely not easy.
Was reading Seiters views on permits not so long ago, he makes logical points, kids from in town should be able to double up on a Saturday with no resistance from aflvic, Mitta could’ve had some fringe U/18s from Wodonga bulldogs to fill those last thirds spots.

Haven’t you heard the ads on SEN? Even down here in Melbourne…buy stuff from Geoff and he will freight anywhere in aus for 59 bucks…business must be booming…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
22 Million turn over last year and 15 delivery trucks on the road would suggest business isn’t going too bad for them.

Mitta would have to be in premiership discussions after landing that young lad from North Albury wouldn’t they? Maybe Seiter could come out of retirement? Redcliffe is the type of forward that’s going to be hard to match up on, you can’t just put a big fullback on him like you do with Castles or Fowler. Yack, Beechworth, Chiltern, Kiewa and Mitta would all consider themselves genuine contenders. Only early days I guess but can’t see Tallangatta or Barnawartha closing the gap. Dederang as expected have dropped right off, Thurgoona and Rutherglen seem to be struggling and as always Wahgunyah are just a percentage and ego boost. Saints have improved a little going off results but won’t even get close to playing finals.

Mitta would have to be in premiership discussions after landing that young lad from North Albury wouldn’t they? Maybe Seiter could come out of retirement? Redcliffe is the type of forward that’s going to be hard to match up on, you can’t just put a big fullback on him like you do with Castles or Fowler. Yack, Beechworth, Chiltern, Kiewa and Mitta would all consider themselves genuine contenders. Only early days I guess but can’t see Tallangatta or Barnawartha closing the gap. Dederang as expected have dropped right off, Thurgoona and Rutherglen seem to be struggling and as always Wahgunyah are just a percentage and ego boost. Saints have improved a little going off results but won’t even get close to playing finals.
There is going to be a lot of very big margins this year. The top 5 are miles ahead of the rest.

There is going to be a lot of very big margins this year. The top 5 are miles ahead of the rest.
Will be interesting to see what direction Thurgoona go in the next 3-5 years, they really don’t have any excuses not to bounce back pretty quickly, geographically situated they have an advantage, just got grants for big upgrades at their ground, should have money in the bank.

Rutherglen, Wahgunyah and Corowa all struggling, it’s incredible it had to come to this, I’m seriously considering making a play for the O&M top job, a blind man could’ve seen this coming. A lot of the problems have basic solutions, but just like the rest of the free world, we’re ran by robots in a system full of red tape. Why are we so concerned about ticking boxes on loose leaf? Get your bloody hands dirty and get out at the coalface, we don’t need bureaucrats pulling strings from conditioned rooms, we need locals weighing in, footy people having a say, I’m bloody fed up to tell you the truth.

Rutherglen, Wahgunyah and Corowa all struggling, it’s incredible it had to come to this, I’m seriously considering making a play for the O&M top job, a blind man could’ve seen this coming. A lot of the problems have basic solutions, but just like the rest of the free world, we’re ran by robots in a system full of red tape. Why are we so concerned about ticking boxes on loose leaf? Get your bloody hands dirty and get out at the coalface, we don’t need bureaucrats pulling strings from conditioned rooms, we need locals weighing in, footy people having a say, I’m bloody fed up to tell you the truth.
I reckon corowa could do with three presidents, I reckon they need you there to keep things on track for the comeback

I reckon corowa could do with three presidents, I reckon they need you there to keep things on track for the comeback
I’m not sure it’s wise bringing back former board members with outdated ideas, time will tell. As for chasing a high profile assistant, that’s basically saying we want a new coach but don’t have the heart to screw Owen, a succession plan in place before he even coaches a game is disrespectful no matter what way you look at it. They need to generate a buzz, exactly like what Rovers managed to do. Seems the Cats have given up, they don’t even bother chasing players from all reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cressa as Coach,Filo and Prime Train the marquee signings
All jokes aside, that’s exactly what they need. Rutherglen Cats should get Prime for a one off game, sell some of Fred’s pies for an affordable price, get some life back in to that part of the earth, line it up for a winnable game against the Saints or their cellar dwelling neighbours.

All jokes aside, that’s exactly what they need. Rutherglen Cats should get Prime for a one off game, sell some of Fred’s pies for an affordable price, get some life back in to that part of the earth, line it up for a winnable game against the Saints or their cellar dwelling neighbours.
I think the Prime Train will run out of steam pretty soon. He’s getting 8-12 touches each game and a few of them in junk time. His brand will suffer if his output doesn’t improve and obviously his brand is important to his income earning potential. His social media is unfairly getting smashed with negative comments now which can’t be great for business.

Anybody else think it’s disappointing to pick up the paper to look at the weekends teams and all of about 6 TDFL clubs actually have them in their ? Also only about 6 junior teams across both grades…

Yeah I don't know if I got a game or not
You're in the paper today, full back in the early game by the looks.

Some country leagues have stopped putting sides in the local rag all together. Clubs seem to use their facebook pages more religiously, sign of the times.

Mitta
Dederang
Dogs
Beechworth
Barny
Chiltern

You're in the paper today, full back in the early game by the looks.

Some country leagues have stopped putting sides in the local rag all together. Clubs seem to use their facebook pages more religiously, sign of the times.

Mitta
Dederang
Dogs
Beechworth
Barny
Chiltern
Just the coach playing mind games

Hearing the Jungle cats are a real possibility, wheels in motion. Opens a spot for upper murray eagles to join
Low chance of that happening. Clubs in the Upper Murray hell bent on remaining single entities it seems. Could Bullioh possibly apply to join again? Or could another tdfl team drop back to the Upper Murray to make the tdfl an 8 team comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back