Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot right there FD in your quote but do you know any of the committee? Sound like you are calling them dumb and havent got the smarts to run a club, well i know one guy on there who take serious offence to that!!!!Easy to throw stones i guess. All this chat bout the hoppers tho is amazing, shows you the comp needs them up & going i would i think, pity some of you old players dont get back there and help out.

You called them dumb not me and I am not throwing stones at all. Just saying that from the outside maybe things have not been done well enough in the last few years as the club went from superpower to major underachiever so it is obvious something is not right.

I doubt many blokes from the 90's would still be around the area, let alone playing footy to a standard that would help out.

Was talking bout committee, who said anything bout players helping out. You underestimate players who were there in late 90's - 9 years on im sure they could still play in there only in there early 30's.

You called them dumb not me and I am not throwing stones at all. Just saying that from the outside maybe things have not been done well enough in the last few years as the club went from superpower to major underachiever so it is obvious something is not right.

You may not have called them but you did insinuate something. Seems like you do that with a lot of your posts tho. How bout the positives like the fact 9 players 18 and under have played with hoppers this year, 2 of them 16 and only 4 players over 30 yold. As well as another 6 to 7 thirds having played reserves. They may be struggling but giving kids a go will put them on the road to recovery. And as for underachiever, how can you say that!! They have not had a team to underachieve, try Yack or Barny as the underachievers.

what's going to happen this round.....mmmmmmm....dogs easy....mitta to upset kiewa by 6 goals....saints to push the swans for a half then get run over....barny to pump yack...rat williams for bog this week...hopefully tallangatta get over dederang....just to stir things up...i may have to pop down to watch saints v swans and hopefully get my monies worth.....:rolleyes:

Was talking bout committee, who said anything bout players helping out. You underestimate players who were there in late 90's - 9 years on im sure they could still play in there only in there early 30's.

You need to be more specific next time so that I don't make a comment that upsets you. I assumed that you were after players to help on the field not committee.

You need to be more specific next time so that I don't make a comment that upsets you. I assumed that you were after players to help on the field not committee.

Point taken IS, but i did ask in the tread if he knew anyone fron the committee not players, so maybe read it a bit better and i will try to make it clearer as well, probaly need help in all areas tho, so any help be great you would think.

Well today's results will make some people very happy - Thurgoona got beaten by a side outside the 5! I can't wait to hear the number of people saying they saw this coming, or that its a loss that they had to have.
That would be a crock - I slip up and I'll put my head on the block here but I reckon they will knock Kiewa off next week, just to prove they are the real deal

Well today's results will make some people very happy - Thurgoona got beaten by a side outside the 5! I can't wait to hear the number of people saying they saw this coming, or that its a loss that they had to have.
That would be a crock - I slip up and I'll put my head on the block here but I reckon they will knock Kiewa off next week, just to prove they are the real deal

Ladder after Round 16,

Kiewa Sandy Creek 16 12 2 0 2 1483 655 226.41% 56
Mitta United 16 12 2 0 2 1452 781 185.92% 56
Thurgoona 16 12 2 0 2 1336 996 134.14% 56
Barnawartha 16 12 3 0 1 1346 903 149.06% 52
Chiltern 16 7 7 0 2 1045 962 108.63% 36
Beechworth 16 7 8 0 1 1166 1293 90.18% 32
Yackandandah 16 6 9 0 1 1042 1229 84.78% 28
Dederang Mt Beauty 15 5 9 0 1 983 1173 83.80% 24
Wodonga Saints 16 2 12 0 2 789 1390 56.76% 16
Rutherglen 16 2 12 0 2 837 1508 55.50% 16
Tallangatta 15 1 12 0 2 697 1286 54.20% 12
space.gif

The run home (battle for top 3)-

KSC Thur (a) Barny (h)
MITTA DMB (a) Yack (a)
THUR KSC (h) Saints (a)
Barny BYE KSC (a)

Battle for 5th-

CHIL Tall (h) Ruth (h)
BEEC BYE Tall (a)

No, they are my tips AD. I think Mitta will beat Kiewa easily. Apologies for not picking your mob but I think Beechworth are in good form, they're at home & playing for their season, so they will serve it up. The addition of Tiarnan Halliday gives them a real focal point, along with Johnny Allen of course makes up a reasonable forward line. Surrey, Sugars and the Pritchard boys also in great form. Surrey in particular has nearly been in the best every week, so either a relation is picking the best or he's in slashing form.

Got to hand it to you AP, your tipping is nothing short of mesmerising. The young bushrangers did come away with a win against the doggies by a point in what was a bit of a seesawing last quarter. No excuses from us however they were just to good on the day and deserved the win given they were in front for a majority of the match. :thumbsu:

Got to hand it to you AP, your tipping is nothing short of mesmerising. The young bushrangers did come away with a win against the doggies by a point in what was a bit of a seesawing last quarter. No excuses from us however they were just to good on the day and deserved the win given they were in front for a majority of the match. :thumbsu:

Agreed, thought Bushrangers have been travelling well and would of knocked off Dogs. Was always going to be tough for any side at Beechworth this week as they have been on fire in recent weeks. May pose well for next season, as it look if Chilternwill get 5th unless they get the stumbles in last couple rounds. Something for the Bushies to build on next year. Mitta apparenty had hold of Kiewa all day except for a late flurry, was Kiewa off and came home strong or did Mitta run out of steam? Tightens the top 4 and top 3 spots off even more for the coming weeks. Good way to finish year off. Who were the 2 Kiewa players reported in their lose in the weekend? Heard Sanday, Cameron and Jackson didn't play. Would have made a differnece or not?

Why thank you AD, I did have a good round. Was only 100 pts off in the Chiltern Saints game, but the rest weren't bad.
Also as tipped, a thrilling finish to the season. Technically, all of the Top 4 sides can finish 1 to 4. (Barny finishing top would rely on Mitta losing their last 2 games against Yack & DMB, so that is highly unlikely, but the remaining permutations can all happen).
Not much between Mitta & Kiewa as the top 2 sides, although Kiewa might have a mental barrier when playing the Blues. Maybe a late flurry of goals might instil some confidence into the Kiewa boys that they may be able to match it with Mitta, but they were clearly outplayed in the first 3 quarters. Thurgoona & Barny seemed to be evenly matched, 1 goal separated the 2 teams in their only meeting this season and it's fitting that they are locked in the battle for 3rd spot. Also fittingly, both play Kiewa in the run home and whichever team beats Kiewa is likely to grab the double chance. Amazingly, after being the best side in the comp for most of the year, Kiewa can finish as low as 4th.
My prediction tho, is this:
Kiewa (Thu a, Bar h) win, win. 64 pts 1st position.
Thurgoona (Kie h, Wod a) lose, win 60pts 3rd position.
Mitta (Ded a, Yac a) win, win. 64pts 2nd position.
Barny (bye, Kie a) win, lose. 56 pts 4th position.
Whatever happens AD, I must congratulate your Doggies, a terrific turnaround, it has added a new look to the TDFL.
What have been the reasons behind it and can you sustain it in future years ? It would be a shame to see you drop back down again ?

Agreed, thought Bushrangers have been travelling well and would of knocked off Dogs. Was always going to be tough for any side at Beechworth this week as they have been on fire in recent weeks. May pose well for next season, as it look if Chilternwill get 5th unless they get the stumbles in last couple rounds. Something for the Bushies to build on next year. Mitta apparenty had hold of Kiewa all day except for a late flurry, was Kiewa off and came home strong or did Mitta run out of steam? Tightens the top 4 and top 3 spots off even more for the coming weeks. Good way to finish year off. Who were the 2 Kiewa players reported in their lose in the weekend? Heard Sanday, Cameron and Jackson didn't play. Would have made a differnece or not?

sorry we didn't get to catch up after the game on Saturday Big Al, i had to leave early. also had to call into the Emergency ward at Wodonga Hospital when i got home. i went for a piss in those wonderful visitors change rooms before the Seniors started and when i went to turn the light on in the toilet that doubles as a shower, i got an electric shock! on my way out i stumbled over the 40 bits of melamine that were placed on the ground supposedly to represent a floor and stubbed my toe. this may have been caused by the lights not working??
what is the deal out there Big Al? a few years back there were big plans for an expansion to the "shed", there were even plans displayed outside the kiosk. has something gone wrong with the development?
also, how did the club see the efforts of the Reserves against Yack on the wkend?? undefeated and almost lose to a side that has only won 4 games. i did hear Mr Blunden go off at qtr and half time, gee they were lucky to get away with a win? just a slip up, or getting too cocky? (as Barny have done previously leading up to finals)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Kiewa blokes reported were Tim Kindellan, the other Dane Hallinan. looks like the Kiewa youngsters are getting charged up for the finals!

(note for Franzee!) Timmy K would have to be the most agressive of the Fanta Pants clan in the TDFL, how bout you show some in the next few weeks and get the Doggies going for a big September??

sorry we didn't get to catch up after the game on Saturday Big Al, i had to leave early. also had to call into the Emergency ward at Wodonga Hospital when i got home. i went for a piss in those wonderful visitors change rooms before the Seniors started and when i went to turn the light on in the toilet that doubles as a shower, i got an electric shock! on my way out i stumbled over the 40 bits of melamine that were placed on the ground supposedly to represent a floor and stubbed my toe. this may have been caused by the lights not working??
what is the deal out there Big Al? a few years back there were big plans for an expansion to the "shed", there were even plans displayed outside the kiosk. has something gone wrong with the development?
also, how did the club see the efforts of the Reserves against Yack on the wkend?? undefeated and almost lose to a side that has only won 4 games. i did hear Mr Blunden go off at qtr and half time, gee they were lucky to get away with a win? just a slip up, or getting too cocky? (as Barny have done previously leading up to finals)

Would have thought just a slip up, had a few changes this week which may have stirred things up a bit. Richie wasn't happy but the boys did get over the line. Being undefeated all year would take its toll and the boys will be welcoming this week off with the bye.

Make sure you get a tetnus shot for that toe, hate for it or anything else to drop off :D.

Would have thought just a slip up, had a few changes this week which may have stirred things up a bit. Richie wasn't happy but the boys did get over the line. Being undefeated all year would take its toll and the boys will be welcoming this week off with the bye.

Make sure you get a tetnus shot for that toe, hate for it or anything else to drop off :D.

notable outs from your run on side on the weekend Big Al, Semmler, Withers, Bradshaw??? injured or resting before a couple of HUGE sunday games in the finlas!??? i think with those 3 into the side Barny may get further than the Elimination Final!

notable outs from your run on side on the weekend Big Al, Semmler, Withers, Bradshaw??? injured or resting before a couple of HUGE sunday games in the finlas!??? i think with those 3 into the side Barny may get further than the Elimination Final!

Sem forgot his long sleeve jumper and decided it was too cold for the afternoon and I think Loof and Bradders got stuck cutting the oranges for half time. Should all be right for next game though

I am hearing you MTAG! I was at the Barny v's Yack game on the weekend, Barny have a quality list and should have won a few more games earlier on in the year. I reckon they are a real danger team come september. Just looking at the teams in the paper and I reckon their onball brigade is A list. ie Hargraeves, Hooper, Roache, Rogers, Semmler. Is there a better midfield in the league?

was at the saints v swans game on the weekend...i did notice one thing that chiltern will be filling the final spot and out in the first week...not much to rave about those guys...one guy did stand out and it was dan ladgrove...maybe a smokey for league medal....just a little bad news for saints butters out for rest of the season...got tackled from behind and knee gave way...not a good sign for a club with out many stars.....also withers from barny done a hammy earlier in the week and may get back in time for finals........well done to the bushies and hopefully thurgoona can see there cracks and fix them befroe finals!????

I am hearing you MTAG! I was at the Barny v's Yack game on the weekend, Barny have a quality list and should have won a few more games earlier on in the year. I reckon they are a real danger team come september. Just looking at the teams in the paper and I reckon their onball brigade is A list. ie Hargraeves, Hooper, Roache, Rogers, Semmler. Is there a better midfield in the league?

i think you and i would make a good team Rowger! did you have a bye on the wkend mate, or don't you play? (or injured?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back