Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're around Top Cat, could you have a chat to your football club and have that cheating redheaded maggot of a reserves umpire sacked? He's a disgrace and is an embarassment to your club. Rutherglen is a good club but won't be if they keep giving d1ckheads like him a job! :mad:
I have included a picture just in case you don't know who I'm talking about.

http://www.wacker1.com/fashion/friends/redheads.htm

Pretty much shows how he umpired yesterday!

AD, refer previous posts. A certain umpire from Doggie land created some ire earlier in the season didn't he? No doubt many spectators that day thought the same thing about him and your club too
icon12.gif
But I admire the way you've gone straight for the jugular mate and therefor will give your bloke the benefit of doubt. The Red from the Glen is the undisputed champion for worst umpire ever going around!
FACT- Cats officials apologised to opposition club last season in regards to umpire in questions performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And easy game it was for him too I believe, heard today the big fella kicked a lazy 5. Classy goals too I'm told.
For the record spottydog he has informed me that it was a calf complaint that has seen him sidelined and not the hamstring on this occasion. But you are right, the coaching staff like they have done with Brett James decided the right path back into the seniors is to get through a game in the reserves.
I think with his sterling 5 GOALS Derek Murray might struggle to come back into the team.

5 goals an impressive display from the big fella.
I notice Brett James stint in the twos was two weeks after returning from a hamstring. Does this mean Gunny will have an early game again?

AD, refer previous posts. A certain umpire from Doggie land created some ire earlier in the season didn't he? No doubt many spectators that day thought the same thing about him and your club too
icon12.gif

But I admire the way you've gone straight for the jugular mate and therefor will give your bloke the benefit of doubt. The Red from the Glen is the undisputed champion for worst umpire ever going around!
FACT- Cats officials apologised to opposition club last season in regards to umpire in questions performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's quite possible, which game would that be I&U? Our umpire from early in the season has since left the club and will openly admit that he's umpiring left people scratching their heads on occasions.
If Rutherglen apologise for this tool why would they continue to let him embarass their club?

Who would be in the TDFL All Fanta Pants Sauced Giraffe Skin rep side? Obviously Franzy and Terry Symons are automatic picks who else gets a spot in this prestigious team?:confused:

Toey, if you were a real TDFL thread follower, you would have been up to date with the FOT's (fuc#$ng orange things)team of the year about 15 pages ago. here is a snippet.

I was thinking of putting together a team in the TDFL. I think I might call this team the Baranduda Bloodnuts or the Baranduda Bunsen Burners. For those intelligent beings amongst us- you would have worked out that I am trying to put together a team full of red heads (Yes I do have a love for ginger locks). Imagine that what a team! Here is my team -I have included myself as the token brown haired male!
Team Fanta Pants
b Saxon (Tall) Carty (Mitta) Ledsam (Ded)
hb McCready(Thu) Symonds (Chil)
c Laracy (Barny) Laracy (Barny)
hf Bowles (Mitta) Culphmeister (cc)(Lavi, Mitta Holbrook legend) Symonds (Chil)
f Mollison (Mitta) Rose(Yack)
r Fraser (Mitta) Franz(Thu) Kindellan (KSC)

Anyway as you can see the Culphmeister is struggling to fill a few spots. If you could help me out with a few extra names that would be fantastic. Here is the criteria (The player must answer yes to at least 2 of the following):
* ginger, red or orange hair, or pubes.
* pasty white skin
* freckles

Imagine this team and then the netballers that would naturally want to come and play for the Baranduda Bunsen Burners or Bloodnuts. I'm sure there would be a few sorts and i'm also guessing that the Culphmeister would get pick of the bunch. Anyway take care! The Chronicles of Culph will follow in the coming weeks.

If you're around Top Cat, could you have a chat to your football club and have that cheating redheaded maggot of a reserves umpire sacked? He's a disgrace and is an embarassment to your club. Rutherglen is a good club but won't be if they keep giving d1ckheads like him a job! :mad:
I have included a picture just in case you don't know who I'm talking about.

http://www.wacker1.com/fashion/friends/redheads.htm

Pretty much shows how he umpired yesterday!

i am hearing ya AD. he umpired a few weeks back when they played Yack. in the 3rds the Yack umpire walked off 'cos he was a disgrace, then the same FOT backed up in the 2's and waddled around the square picking out his fav Cats players whatever free kick he could think of! the Rutherglen Pres is a top bloke and the club has a very good reputation, but this red headed knob of an umpire is dragging the Cats down. i know it is hard to get club umpires and all that, but this bloke is featuring too commonly in the w***er of the year nominations. before Wahgunyah get into the league and try and ruin your club, for christs sake Cats, get rid of this living promotion for Parkers Pies!

i am hearing ya AD. he umpired a few weeks back when they played Yack. in the 3rds the Yack umpire walked off 'cos he was a disgrace, then the same FOT backed up in the 2's and waddled around the square picking out his fav Cats players whatever free kick he could think of! the Rutherglen Pres is a top bloke and the club has a very good reputation, but this red headed knob of an umpire is dragging the Cats down. i know it is hard to get club umpires and all that, but this bloke is featuring too commonly in the w***er of the year nominations. before Wahgunyah get into the league and try and ruin your club, for christs sake Cats, get rid of this living promotion for Parkers Pies!

have to agree with ya boys i've watched jaffa flaps ruin a couple of games this year!

Toey, if you were a real TDFL thread follower, you would have been up to date with the FOT's (fuc#$ng orange things)team of the year about 15 pages ago. here is a snippet.

Imagine this team and then the netballers that would naturally want to come and play for the Baranduda Bunsen Burners or Bloodnuts. I'm sure there would be a few sorts and i'm also guessing that the Culphmeister would get pick of the bunch. Anyway take care! The Chronicles of Culph will follow in the coming weeks.
As for the netballer's my grandad said one thing to me and that was "never go down on a readhead son":D

Will be an interesting last three weeks of the season for the top 4 sides heading into finals. Could Doggies fall from top 3? Kiewa play Mitta, Thurgoona and Barny heading into finals and if they lost all three could slip but no further than 3rd due to their 245%. The Doggies play Beechworth at Beechworth this week who seem to have improved a lot as the season has gone on and Kiewa the following and have the lowest percentage of the top four. Saints in last round will save them even if they drop the first 2 to finish on 60. Mitta look OK finishing with Hawks, Bombers and Roos on the way home and potentially could finish minor premier finishing on 64. Barny would need the Dogs or Mitta to stumble and then knock off Yack this week and Kiewa in the last round to sneak in and hope for results to go there way as they have a bye in between with the highest they can finish is on 60.The Roo boys will no doubt be pumped as there finals hopes are still alive chasing the Swannies.

For any Kiewa follower how has Cameron been travelling following his knee injury. A TDFL coach who played the Hawks recently said he struggled to jump and move freely but was still dangerous in and around the goal square.

Doggies supporters how did Murray go in the VCFL country game?

Will be an interesting last three weeks of the season for the top 4 sides heading into finals. Could Doggies fall from top 3? Kiewa play Mitta, Thurgoona and Barny heading into finals and if they lost all three could slip but no further than 3rd due to their 245%. The Doggies play Beechworth at Beechworth this week who seem to have improved a lot as the season has gone on and Kiewa the following and have the lowest percentage of the top four. Saints in last round will save them even if they drop the first 2 to finish on 60. Mitta look OK finishing with Hawks, Bombers and Roos on the way home and potentially could finish minor premier finishing on 64. Barny would need the Dogs or Mitta to stumble and then knock off Yack this week and Kiewa in the last round to sneak in and hope for results to go there way as they have a bye in between with the highest they can finish is on 60.The Roo boys will no doubt be pumped as there finals hopes are still alive chasing the Swannies.

For any Kiewa follower how has Cameron been travelling following his knee injury. A TDFL coach who played the Hawks recently said he struggled to jump and move freely but was still dangerous in and around the goal square.

From all reports played ok in a team that got smashed kicked a goal and got through un scathed really enjoyed the experience and was stoked that the club allowed him to miss a club game to play.

I find it amusing how everyone (including me) is just waiting & expecting the Thurgoona team to falter.
Yack are realistically no chance to get into 5th spot. They would have to beat Barny & Mitta, and then rely on Chiltern dropping 2 of their 3 games to the bottom 3 sides. Due to Yack being 10% behind Chiltern, they would have to finish with one more win than Chiltern to get in, and I can't see that happening.
Beechworth are in the same boat, having to rely on Chiltern to lose 2 of the 3, and then beating Thurgoona & Tallangatta in their last 2 games.

I find it amusing how everyone (including me) is just waiting & expecting the Thurgoona team to falter.
Yack are realistically no chance to get into 5th spot. They would have to beat Barny & Mitta, and then rely on Chiltern dropping 2 of their 3 games to the bottom 3 sides. Due to Yack being 10% behind Chiltern, they would have to finish with one more win than Chiltern to get in, and I can't see that happening.
Beechworth are in the same boat, having to rely on Chiltern to lose 2 of the 3, and then beating Thurgoona & Tallangatta in their last 2 games.

Not expecting Dogs to falter at all, just throwing up a few ways season could finish. Dogs should finish top 2 as they have been there all year and you would expect them to stay there. :thumbsu:

Not expecting Dogs to falter at all, just throwing up a few ways season could finish. Dogs should finish top 2 as they have been there all year and you would expect them to stay there. :thumbsu:

You are right about it being an interesting finish to the season. As stated I think Chiltern are over the line for 5th spot, but the battle for top spot, and positions 2 & 3 is intriguing. I think you said that Kiewa can finish no lower than 3rd Al, but they can lose all 3 games & finish on their current 12 wins. Thurgoona, Mitta & Barny could win all their games and they would finish on 15, 14 & 13 wins respectively, hence relegating Kiewa to 4th spot regardless of their superior percentage. Amazing !!!
All of the top 4 can finish top spot at best with the exception of Barny, whose highest finish can be 2nd, and all 4 can finish 4th at worst.
A fitting end to what has been a great season of TDFL. Roll on finals !

I was thinking of putting together a team in the TDFL. I think I might call this team the Baranduda Bloodnuts or the Baranduda Bunsen Burners. For those intelligent beings amongst us- you would have worked out that I am trying to put together a team full of red heads (Yes I do have a love for ginger locks). Imagine that what a team! Here is my team -I have included myself as the token brown haired male!
Team Fanta Pants
b Saxon (Tall) Carty (Mitta) Ledsam (Ded)
hb McCready(Thu) Symonds (Chil)
c Laracy (Barny) Laracy (Barny)
hf Bowles (Mitta) Culphmeister (cc)(Lavi, Mitta Holbrook legend) Symonds (Chil)
f Mollison (Mitta) Rose(Yack)
r Fraser (Mitta) Franz(Thu) Kindellan (KSC)

Anyway as you can see the Culphmeister is struggling to fill a few spots. If you could help me out with a few extra names that would be fantastic. Here is the criteria (The player must answer yes to at least 2 of the following):
* ginger, red or orange hair, or pubes.
* pasty white skin
* freckles

Perhaps Wolley (DMB) and Davis (Ruth) can also qualify for the TDFL All Fanta Pants Sauced Giraffe Skin rep side.... may help to fill some of the missing spots in the line-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right about it being an interesting finish to the season. As stated I think Chiltern are over the line for 5th spot, but the battle for top spot, and positions 2 & 3 is intriguing. I think you said that Kiewa can finish no lower than 3rd Al, but they can lose all 3 games & finish on their current 12 wins. Thurgoona, Mitta & Barny could win all their games and they would finish on 15, 14 & 13 wins respectively, hence relegating Kiewa to 4th spot regardless of their superior percentage. Amazing !!!
All of the top 4 can finish top spot at best with the exception of Barny, whose highest finish can be 2nd, and all 4 can finish 4th at worst.
A fitting end to what has been a great season of TDFL. Roll on finals

some interesting games this weekend with top spot still to be decided and the door still slightly ajar for teams to sneak into 5th spot over chiltern. these teams however will have to hope chiltern slip up (or yack + beechworth beating top sides) cos the swans have easiest finish maybe cats only real test
tips this week
chiltern df saints by 35 points
DMB df tallangatta by 28 points
thurgoona df beechworth by 35 points in their toughest challenge of last few weeks, beechworth must win
mitta df kiewa by 20 points (winner to be flag favourite)
barny df yack 24 points in yacks last chance
if the results go this way we will see thurgoona in the #1 spot on the ladder and chiltern pretty much booking a spot in the finals action. good luck teams :thumbsu:

Good to see you back Benchy, we can resume our tipping battle.
Just been reading thet ultra-informative publication the Border Mail, and their words of wisdom have helped me come up with the following:-
Chiltern to beat Wodonga Saints by 38pts
Barnawartha to beat Yack by 52 pts
Dederang to beat Tallangatta by 22pts
Mitta to beat Kiewa by 42pts
Beechworth to beat Thurgoona by 14pts
I know I said I'd never tip against your dogs again Benchy, but they're a real risk up in Bushranger country on the weekend.
Good luck everyone, do your teams proud.

Good to see you back Benchy, we can resume our tipping battle.
Just been reading thet ultra-informative publication the Border Mail, and their words of wisdom have helped me come up with the following:-
Chiltern to beat Wodonga Saints by 38pts
Barnawartha to beat Yack by 52 pts
Dederang to beat Tallangatta by 22pts
Mitta to beat Kiewa by 42pts
Beechworth to beat Thurgoona by 14pts
I know I said I'd never tip against your dogs again Benchy, but they're a real risk up in Bushranger country on the weekend.
Good luck everyone, do your teams proud.

Albert, Albert, Albert! Surely you speak in jest??

Can someone with some spare time explain to me what happened to Tallangatta after the mid 90's? I played there during a very successful junior era but that seemed to amount to nothing for the club other than the Bosse boys playing there. What has happened to the club? From what I see of the scores they seem to have become the Bethanga or Thurgoona of the 90's.

Can someone with some spare time explain to me what happened to Tallangatta after the mid 90's? I played there during a very successful junior era but that seemed to amount to nothing for the club other than the Bosse boys playing there. What has happened to the club? From what I see of the scores they seem to have become the Bethanga or Thurgoona of the 90's.

Don't need too much time to tell you that the reformation of Bullioh has hurt the Hoppers big time. It's hard enough for a small town to provide enough players, volunteers, sponsors & supporters for one club, let alone 2.

There has been a lot more than those guys fromthe juniors go on and play more than 50 senior games with the club and play in the late 90's premierships.

Lots of things have worked together to not allow the club to continue to succeed. Coaching is one big thing. It is important that a coach who is playing is a superstar in the league and has contacts for very good players and has lots of respect.

Secondly players who lived/grew up locally move on after turning 18. There is not much to do around the area and they move to Melbourne/Bendigo/Ballarat for Uni.

Thirdly the Bullioh thing has definitely hurt the club, so there a number of players playing there that would normally have added some depth to the Tallangatta club.

Lastly whilst the committee is a hard working bunch from what I hear, you must have a committee who was part of a successful era or smart businessmen who know what it takes to put together a winning business which football is now even at country level.

There has been a lot more than those guys fromthe juniors go on and play more than 50 senior games with the club and play in the late 90's premierships.

Lots of things have worked together to not allow the club to continue to succeed. Coaching is one big thing. It is important that a coach who is playing is a superstar in the league and has contacts for very good players and has lots of respect.

Secondly players who lived/grew up locally move on after turning 18. There is not much to do around the area and they move to Melbourne/Bendigo/Ballarat for Uni.

Thirdly the Bullioh thing has definitely hurt the club, so there a number of players playing there that would normally have added some depth to the Tallangatta club.

Lastly whilst the committee is a hard working bunch from what I hear, you must have a committee who was part of a successful era or smart businessmen who know what it takes to put together a winning business which football is now even at country level.
Thats not necessarily true the coach doesn't have to be a superstar. None of the guys who are coaching in the league now would be the leagues superstars, all very good players but not stars. The playing coach will gain the respect but NOT adopting a do as i say not as i do approach. He should set the standards and lead from the front in applying those standards. I think a lot of players will have respect for a coach who is up front and honest and is not there for there own agendas. (which you see a lot) regardless of what there friendships with players are like. I know one of the hardest things as a coach is having to drop a player who you consider a mate, but if it's the right thing to do for the club you have to do it regardless. Most players appreciate honesty and not being pissed in the pocket.

Albert, Albert, Albert! Surely you speak in jest??

No, they are my tips AD. I think Mitta will beat Kiewa easily. Apologies for not picking your mob but I think Beechworth are in good form, they're at home & playing for their season, so they will serve it up. The addition of Tiarnan Halliday gives them a real focal point, along with Johnny Allen of course makes up a reasonable forward line. Surrey, Sugars and the Pritchard boys also in great form. Surrey in particular has nearly been in the best every week, so either a relation is picking the best or he's in slashing form.

Thats not necessarily true the coach doesn't have to be a superstar. None of the guys who are coaching in the league now would be the leagues superstars, all very good players but not stars. The playing coach will gain the respect but NOT adopting a do as i say not as i do approach. He should set the standards and lead from the front in applying those standards. I think a lot of players will have respect for a coach who is up front and honest and is not there for there own agendas. (which you see a lot) regardless of what there friendships with players are like. I know one of the hardest things as a coach is having to drop a player who you consider a mate, but if it's the right thing to do for the club you have to do it regardless. Most players appreciate honesty and not being pissed in the pocket.

too true Boxhead, too true! your words of wisdom are testament to the Doggies rise this year! keep it up. (how is Nick Payne travelling?)

A lot right there FD in your quote but do you know any of the committee? Sound like you are calling them dumb and havent got the smarts to run a club, well i know one guy on there who take serious offence to that!!!!Easy to throw stones i guess. All this chat bout the hoppers tho is amazing, shows you the comp needs them up & going i would i think, pity some of you old players dont get back there and help out.

A lot right there FD in your quote but do you know any of the committee? Sound like you are calling them dumb and havent got the smarts to run a club, well i know one guy on there who take serious offence to that!!!!Easy to throw stones i guess. All this chat bout the hoppers tho is amazing, shows you the comp needs them up & going i would i think, pity some of you old players dont get back there and help out.

I doubt many blokes from the 90's would still be around the area, let alone playing footy to a standard that would help out.

No, they are my tips AD. I think Mitta will beat Kiewa easily. Apologies for not picking your mob but I think Beechworth are in good form, they're at home & playing for their season, so they will serve it up. The addition of Tiarnan Halliday gives them a real focal point, along with Johnny Allen of course makes up a reasonable forward line. Surrey, Sugars and the Pritchard boys also in great form. Surrey in particular has nearly been in the best every week, so either a relation is picking the best or he's in slashing form.

KSC Have been hit with the injury stick,some big names will not line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back